189 replies to this topic

#181 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

View PostMole, on 13 September 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Unfortunately there is precedent for this. Look what happens when you put Gauss Rifles and PPCs on your 'mech now. That's right, they gave Gauss Rifles, a heatless weapon, ghost heat when fired along with a PPC.

Gauss isn‘ t heatless and for combined Ghostheat the relevant GH is the weapon with more heat, in this case the PPC. Comparing apples to oranges doesn't help. Posted Image

Edited by AlphaEtOmega, 13 September 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#182 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

I have 2xLMG to complement my ERML on my Thunderbolt 5S(P) and i dont feel them in any way overpowered.
I can spray the LMG at a disarmored Target for quite a long while without doing any significant damage to the internals.

As allways so much Boating is the problem and not the Weapon so much.

#183 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

I notice that the vast majority of people crying about Mist Lynx have seldom ever even pilot them and have no idea what it takes to rack up large damage numbers. The only way you are going to rack up high damage in a lynx is to hide most of the game and only come out to shoot damaged or distracted mechs, or lone assaults that you can leg or backstab because you are too short for them to hit easily, because you ain't that fast at 121 kph. This means that for the first half of the match your team is effectively down a mech.

#184 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 14 September 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I notice that the vast majority of people crying about Mist Lynx have seldom ever even pilot them and have no idea what it takes to rack up large damage numbers. The only way you are going to rack up high damage in a lynx is to hide most of the game and only come out to shoot damaged or distracted mechs, or lone assaults that you can leg or backstab because you are too short for them to hit easily, because you ain't that fast at 121 kph. This means that for the first half of the match your team is effectively down a mech.

umm it is actually pretty damn easy to do with just the LMGs...you don't even need the lasers.

#185 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostTrissila, on 03 September 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

MGs do absolutely garbage damage if you have any armor on. They are only good for finishing already-crippled mechs. There's nothing wrong with that.

Bull and crap four light machine guns on my machwacker reeks havoc in a match.
And I think anyone one who would disagree is just being seriously disingenuous.
Really guys stop.

#186 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 14 September 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

umm it is actually pretty damn easy to do with just the LMGs...you don't even need the lasers.

View PostNovakaine, on 14 September 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Really guys stop.

There are, however, better options available at a similar tonnage. Unless you're married to the idea of facetanking things, but even then there are better options at a similar tonnage.

#187 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Really guys stop. [

MG's are the first weapon that actually make losing your armor dangerous in the immediate sense. This alarms many players.

The truth is, internal damage should be when you wish you wore your brown pants to the fight, period. The crithunter dakka finally makes that a reality. As it should.

#188 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

I'm sure the crotchhugging crit lynxer's are just loving this.
But then again I love lurming to death every single one I seePosted Image

#189 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

I broke down and cbill purchased a Nova-S that comes with cMplx5 and cLMGx4.... OK, it tears crap up and I've been able to have 2 or 3 kills games and 300+ damage without arty or air strikes.... The 4xLmg's alone eat arms and legs at 100 to 150 meters and the cMpl's when combined are pretty effective at tearing stuff up.......

What does this mean? It seems Lmg's have some crit chance quirk and combined with the Nova-S's MG quirks, is pretty effective for a "Super Spud Potato with everything on it" LRM pilot mastering a new mech.... Just what I've expereinced over the past 4 days.....

Edited by Asym, 14 September 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#190 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

My suggestion to help counter OP mg spam is don't get cored. Then all your problems will go away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users