Are Uziels Just Bad Mechs?

16 replies to this topic

#1 NWGIX

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I can't seem to get any of these mechs to work, they either get focused down because of their insane size or I just scratch the enemies at times it feels like. The only build I have that works decently is my Gauss Uziel-3S.

What do I do with these mechs? How do I make them work to their full potential?

#2 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a bad mech, but it does seem rather wide. Personally I'd love to see some armor quirks given to those massive side torsos. Even the CT could probably use a little help.

#3 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

Got some mech that i had a crazy time to work it right and sometime just never find a way to be good with it. Tried the Night Gyr and never been able to do something with it... just getting myself killed. Wanted a uac boat and a Gauss boat but sold it with distrust.Taken me a long time with the Ebon jaguar, finding it a lot ct prone but finally started to achieve something with it after a while. They are seen as good battlemech but it depend probably of the driver, lol. Doing great thing with my Vindicator and it's classified as a piece of s**t.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 10 September 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#4 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

I had the worst time with the 2S and 3S. The BE I set up with 4ERMLas and 2MRM10's, and it did ok. -ish. Very -ish. Getting rid of the XL engines is mandatory, as is loading up with survival perks. And while it wasn't hugely effective, I have to admit that the 2xRAC2 3P was lots o' fun.

#5 NWGIX

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'd like to make an update, I may have not been playing this game for long, but the Uziels by far are the worst mechs, no firepower and no armor. Sorry but I strongly deter anyone from buying them.

Edited by NWGIX, 11 September 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#6 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

Seeing as how I described the Uziel as "a steaming puddle of rotting diarrhea" in the other Uziel thread, I am not going to disagree with your assessment. Just give it some time, and I'm sure you'll find even more reasons to hate them.

Here is a list of medium mechs that are better:
all of them.

I would, however, suggest that you check out the other thread to get ideas for possible builds.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at too. As far as nostalgia goes, it's basically my favorite medium 'Mech in BT canon. As far as quality of life in MWO goes, it's steaming hot garbage with a side order of toejam. I feel like I'm working twice as hard for half the results compared to any of my other 50-tonners. It is painful to drop in with its current hitboxes, scaling, and (lack of) quirks.

#8 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

They aren't "Bad" mechs, but they aren't that "good" either. They are in the "meh" catagory and really do need some durability quirks in the next patch or two. You wan't to be using a smaller LFE, or even a Std, to load it up with firepower to keep others from shooting back at you. You can't really play it like existing faster medium mechs, and rather more like a fire support mech like the Blackjack or Rifleman while still being a pusher.

#9 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

It has really good agility. But that does not make up for huge side torsos and being too tall. It should have a loping low profile. Like a predator on the hunt in the savannah. When I pilot it, I try to avoid incoming damage as much as possible. Because it falls apart under any pressure. Hell when I'm being pushed and I see an enemy Uziel. I just aim for it because I know the pilot will either back off or die.

Edited by MechaBattler, 18 September 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'd suggest going with a poptart role in them.

HPPC:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0afcf72e99624cc
ERPPC:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69248b19cb85388

Basically you have terrible armor and hitboxes but great agility, decent speed, jump jets, and the ability to mount a couple PPCs. Might as well make the best use out of the chassis strengths rather than going with builds that require you to be close to the enemy or stare at them too long.

#11 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

With the last patch, they have added mobility and durability. In my opinion, they're where they were at release now, meaning that you have to add full durability tree and all the speed tweak nodes. After that, the Uziel is viable though it isn't on par with other mediums of its weight class. It's a rough equivalent of the Shadowcat on the maneuverability scale, only not as powerful. They're too big for their weight; I suspect PGI's volumetric scaling and Alex Iglesias' usual outstanding modeling failed here as the Uziel's spindly legs give it much too much body. And the loss of a leg on an Uziel drops your maneuverability well below that of the usual legged mech-it essentially paralyzes you.

With full speed tweak including every kinetic burst, anchor turn, and hard brake module you can get along the way an Uziel can accelerate from dead stop to 92 kph at Locust levels. With all six jets they can jump flat footed to the top of the wall on HPG. That's the real place, I think, that PGI intends for the Uziel-a fast striker, but the consequence is low firepower. You've got to think like a Jenner and hit, move, and move again. It's a frenetic style of piloting that is very not typical for medium mechs. I like the Uziel, but top tier they are not, and they are not the "trooper mech" that Sarna describes or that we had in MW4. They're a highly mobile, oversized Jenner.

#12 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

They aren't bad, just easy to hit.

Git pop-tart Gud!
[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...507ecf9f4a0ee88[/smurfy]

#13 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

Tried to build Jacob Kincaid's Uziel. It's possible but you got no jump hardly and minimal armor, you can't get the full 8 tons on board. The actual Sarna build can't be done-not enough critical slots.

#14 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

I dont have 1, but ive seen enough running around to say that the only good builds are ones that rarely or never get shot at. Ive seen good results from 2 HPPC, and other poptarty versions since they expose for a sec, shoot, and go hide to cool. Any build that relies upon getting hit will go down since the quirks are mediocre at best (was buffed but not enough imo), and the hitboxes/geometry, while really cool and unique looking, is bad in terms of gameplay.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Didn't seem particularly wide, bad, or much else.

However, it shares an almost identical posture with the far more threatening Mad Cat Mk II, and so I have treated some Uziels at a distance as if they were 90 ton death machines. I've also made the mistake of treating some actual Mad Cat Mk IIs as 50 ton mechs and paid for it rather dearly.

In here was one of the few times I properly identified Uziels as Uziels, and as such I treated them like 50 tonners that I was cautious of, for example when I first see one between me and my target I'm a bit hesitant at first.

But later on I shoot it in the bum until its dead while its attention is on someone else.

They don't seem wide or stand out beyond the fact that at a distance they look identical to Mad Cat Mk IIs.

#16 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostChados, on 01 October 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Tried to build Jacob Kincaid's Uziel. It's possible but you got no jump hardly and minimal armor, you can't get the full 8 tons on board. The actual Sarna build can't be done-not enough critical slots.

While I'm 11 days late, it can actually be done, with a tad less ammo to make up for the missing tonnage.
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5915325

While Sarna doesn't directly mention the jumpjets, Jacob's Uziel doesn't have them.

Edited by Red Shrike, 12 October 2017 - 12:50 AM.

#17 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:07 AM

yes, they are bad

PPC? blackjack 3 is better

Laser vomit? hunchback 4p or wolverine 6k better

RAC? 3 rac 2 bushwaker better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users