I Haven't Played Since June...got A Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Can someone summarize why I'm having to start over with skill points and what exactly changed to require the skill thing being reset again? I'm sure somewhere in the last 20 patches or so there's a book released by PGI that explains in full detail, but I don't know which one it was and am not too inclined to hunt it down. A "cliff's" version would be appreciated.

#2 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Try these patch notes first

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5739202

#3 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

They updated the skill tree.. You now only need to level one mech at a time. You can "fine tune" your mech now and give it load out specific "quirks" through the skill tree. There has been a lot thrown into the game since June. I suggest you look at the past months patch notes. I doubt that you will find anyone willing enough to explain all of the things..

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

View Postdarqsyde, on 11 September 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Try these patch notes first

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5739202

Yeah that was in May when this new tree was deployed. I'm wanting to know why all my trees have been reset. Again. This is something that happened somewhere between June 6 and now.

View PostDjPush, on 11 September 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

They updated the skill tree.. You now only need to level one mech at a time. You can "fine tune" your mech now and give it load out specific "quirks" through the skill tree. There has been a lot thrown into the game since June. I suggest you look at the past months patch notes. I doubt that you will find anyone willing enough to explain all of the things..

I don't want to know all the things that have changed. Things change with every patch. I want to know what was significant enough that the trees were all reset. Barring that, what patch rolled out that reset all the trees?

I thought the one mech thing happened when the new tree system was rolled out in May.

#5 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 11 September 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yeah that was in May when this new tree was deployed. I'm wanting to know why all my trees have been reset. Again. This is something that happened somewhere between June 6 and now.

I don't want to know all the things that have changed. Things change with every patch. I want to know what was significant enough that the trees were all reset. Barring that, what patch rolled out that reset all the trees?

I thought the one mech thing happened when the new tree system was rolled out in May.

Hmmmm. As far as I know, there hasn't been a skill tree reset since the new tree rolled out. If your trees are reset, and your SP is missing, I'd contact support.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm more confused now lol...all my assaults have the skills set where I had them. All my heavies were reset and my SP refunded.

that at least tells me nothing of real significance changed.

Thanks!

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,981 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 11 September 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm more confused now lol...all my assaults have the skills set where I had them. All my heavies were reset and my SP refunded.

that at least tells me nothing of real significance changed.

Thanks!

Well, at least it didn't eat your SP. That would be a nightmare.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,981 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

I did find out if you sell a Mech
you loose all SP and all progress that Mech had

#10 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

It's a Cbill sinkhole mostly. With the exception of the Survivability Tree there is nothing new, in fact you will find lot's of old things are at the bottom of the Skill Trees and you won't be able to re-create your old ability improvements.

#11 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 11 September 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Can someone summarize why I'm having to start over with skill points and what exactly changed to require the skill thing being reset again? I'm sure somewhere in the last 20 patches or so there's a book released by PGI that explains in full detail, but I don't know which one it was and am not too inclined to hunt it down. A "cliff's" version would be appreciated.

Dont waste your time on the skill tree, its very unintuitive, seriously.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

To be clear...I'm already familiar with the skill tree. The skill tree happened in May. I haven't had time to play since June...already had the skill tree. My issue is that some of my mech's trees have been refunded.

Also to be clear, this seems to be isolated to me and something with my account. There's really nothing to discuss here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users