#41 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 14 September 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

the nova Cat collector's falls under the **, you need 2, so you need a 2nd collector's (a different clan) for the Nova cat to count

So the Ultimate Supernova pack doesn't count ?

#42 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

There's evidently some confusion regarding heroes. Hero upgrades to mechpacks don't count for anything (and unless they've changed something, you already have to own the basic mechpack anyway to qualify to purchase the upgrade). The heroes that count are six total separate hero purchases from the Clan Wave 1/2/IIC categories or IS Resistance Hero category.

Different, but related issue: if someone has purchased an Ultimate Pack of one mech and a Collector's Pack of another, that SHOULD qualify as two Collector's packs. No hero purchase should be required. It's probably an oversight somewhere with the qualification code not recognizing Ultimate Packs as also being Collector's Packs.

#43 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 14 September 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

So the Ultimate Supernova pack doesn't count ?

It is just as last year, only about the collector's editions, which don't give as much on their own but are honoured by the loyalty rewards exclusively.

I, too, wished they had changed it, but if they haven't since, they probably aren't going to.

#44 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 14 September 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

There's evidently some confusion regarding heroes. Hero upgrades to mechpacks don't count for anything (and unless they've changed something, you already have to own the basic mechpack anyway to qualify to purchase the upgrade). The heroes that count are six total separate hero purchases from the Clan Wave 1/2/IIC categories or IS Resistance Hero category.

Are you sure?
The announcement says:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Eligibility Conditions
  • You must have purchased any tier of any Inner Sphere Collection* (or any Inner Sphere a la carte 'Mech**) since October 18th 2016 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).
A Hero upgrade is a tier of a collection, isn't it?
So if you bought a standard pack last year and an upgrade this year...

#45 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

No, the 'tier' thing is for the tiered collections (NOT mechpacks) listed, where you can purchase the light tier, the light and medium tier, the light, medium, and heavy tier, etc. For IS, it's the Resistance 1 Wrath collection (the assault tier with the Zeus and all the lighter mechs) and the Resistance II Mauler collection (the assault tier with the Mauler and all the lighter mechs).

Edit: Or the a la carte option, of course.

Edited by James Argent, 14 September 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#46 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

Well I guess someone at PGI read my suggestion in the forums for a Scottish bagpipes war horn. I already pre-qualified for ultimate on this account. My alts have got everything except the top tiers.

Edited by Dee Eight, 14 September 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#47 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 14 September 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

No, the 'tier' thing is for the tiered collections (NOT mechpacks) listed, where you can purchase the light tier, the light and medium tier, the light, medium, and heavy tier, etc. For IS, it's the Resistance 1 Wrath collection (the assault tier with the Zeus and all the lighter mechs) and the Resistance II Mauler collection (the assault tier with the Mauler and all the lighter mechs).

Edit: Or the a la carte option, of course.

But post lists the packs as "collections", see:

For the case you could be right, I'd like a clarification from the staff which part of a pack is considered a tier.
Only standard?
Standard and Collector's (each)?
Upgrades as well?

After all, as Kanajashi says, you can just buy a panther hero for $10 if it's just about qualifying for the Griffin/Kit Fox the cheapest possible way.
I wouldn't see a reason for not giving the mech pack heroes the same reward.

#48 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Ah, you're looking at the basic level, we were referring to the top tier. No collector's pack required for that. However, 'tier' still only applies to the tiered collections (you can buy just the light tier) not mechpacks. To unlock the hero upgrade for mechpacks, however, you need to have purchased the standard level of the mechpack.

#49 47 Clowns

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

if you bought a lacerator (which would qualify as a hero two purchase), but did it w MC, does that count?

#50 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

i have to get 6 clan heroes or purchase 1 clan mechpack?
if i got 6 hero lights, id have to pay $60, but if you buy a $30 clan mechpack you are also eligible? i am so confused

#51 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostAgent1190, on 14 September 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

That's what I assumed. Looking for clarification.

That is how the omnimech construction rules work, and PGI follows them in this respect. The only way the jump jets could be locked equipment is if they were on all the variants (like say, Summoners). Since they are not, the jump jets are part of the pod, just as they are on the Kit Fox/Timber Wolf S.

#52 SpoontheMoose

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

So no hero packs count for the top tier just collectors that kinda sucks as I have never bought a collectors since it seems pointless to spend $20 on a variant that I already have but with just a (S) and the 30% bonus. Also i dont know why the 6 Hero mechs are only for those specific collections and not just hero mechs in general oh well guess im not getting the top tier.

#53 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Guys, it's like this:

For the basic reward, per IS/Clan: a. any mechpack (any level), or b. one of the specified heroes not connected to a mechpack, or c. purchase of any tier of a tiered multi-mech collection or d. any a la carte purchase from a tiered multi-mech collection.

For the top-tier reward, per IS/Clan: a. any two Collector's Packs (Ultimate Packs should count, but currently there's some issue with them showing up as counting) or b. any six of the specified heroes not connected to mechpacks, or c. any assault-tier purchase of a tiered multi-mech collection.

For the specific mechpacks, heroes, and tiered collections which qualify for this year's rewards, see the OP.

#54 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 14 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Ah, you're looking at the basic level, we were referring to the top tier. No collector's pack required for that. However, 'tier' still only applies to the tiered collections (you can buy just the light tier) not mechpacks. To unlock the hero upgrade for mechpacks, however, you need to have purchased the standard level of the mechpack.

Yes, if I am speaking of "hero instead of standard pack", I am most likely referring to the standard level. ;)
So now that the misunderstand is out of the way, do you know it or is it just your assumption based on how it was last year?
Because, you know, the rules are changing with the time.
I cannot remember that last year the post read as it does this time concerning tiers.

#55 Stone1116

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

So I bought the executioner hero a month ago which should've qualified me for the kit fox loyalty reward. But under the content tab of my account, it says that I don't qualify for the reward. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? Should I send in a support ticket?

#56 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

URBIE FOR CHRISTMAS - BEST CHRISTMAS!

#57 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

View Post47 Clowns, on 14 September 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

if you bought a lacerator (which would qualify as a hero two purchase), but did it w MC, does that count?

This is only for real money purchases.

If you bought MC to buy the Lacerator, you get the MC reward, but that's it.

View PostStone1116, on 14 September 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

So I bought the executioner hero a month ago which should've qualified me for the kit fox loyalty reward. But under the content tab of my account, it says that I don't qualify for the reward. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? Should I send in a support ticket?

Buying a hero mech is not the same as the "a la cart" purchase requirement.

Read under the asterisks: "A la carte 'Mechs are only available for the Clan Wave 1, Clan Wave 2, Clan Wave 3, and Origins IIC packs, and can be found at the bottom of those pages."

So you get nothing.

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 14 September 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#58 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Can you guys please not discriminate against faction loyalists with the ultimate reward requirements? It is frustrating as hell.

#59 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Some of the replies here amaze me. The sense of entitlement... free things that the devs didn't need to give away, and players complain. For those complaining when they've spent money, a reminder: you spent money for those things not these.

#60 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 14 September 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Can you guys please not discriminate against faction loyalists with the ultimate reward requirements? It is frustrating as hell.

What's about them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users