35 replies to this topic

#21 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

If you wanna run 2x LB 10X, I'd suggest this: https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=505&l=ba1a9a5938ce483d9bf946bc0487bb1415e409ce

a LFE is best for this IMO because you're gonna be doing some close-in brawling. swapping out the 2 MPL for ERML gives you some range and saves some tonnage.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 02 March 2018 - 11:07 AM.

#22 Blue Vermin

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 02 March 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

If you wanna run 2x LB 10X, I'd suggest this: https://mwo.smurfy-n...echlab#modified

a LFE is best for this IMO because you're gonna be doing some close-in brawling. swapping out the 2 MPL for ERML gives you some range and saves some tonnage.

Your link doesn't come up with anything. True, the ERML gives you more energy range, but the range is good on the shotguns anyway and I prefer the MPL's in a closer-range fight. It does a pretty good job in scouting. That said, your build will certainly work.

BV

Edited by Blue Vermin, 02 March 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#23 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

My bad, I put the wrong link in. The only reason I dropped the MPL's to ERML's is to save a ton, so I can fit a LFE 250 in there. Could probably use a smaller engine and get away with them, sure. I just don't like XL engines on most mechs.

#24 Blue Vermin

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 02 March 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

My bad, I put the wrong link in. The only reason I dropped the MPL's to ERML's is to save a ton, so I can fit a LFE 250 in there. Could probably use a smaller engine and get away with them, sure. I just don't like XL engines on most mechs.

Hey Eisenhorne, I hear ya on the xl engine thing. The bushie is somewhat xl-friendly however, so that's why I run it with them, you just have to remember to twist back and forth, but not too much.

BV

#25 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

An interesting build I saw lately was

1x MRM40
1x RAC5

can't remember the variant though.

#26 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

View PostExilyth, on 30 March 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

An interesting build I saw lately was

1x MRM40
1x RAC5

can't remember the variant though.

Any Bushwacker variant should be able to run that build, though the BSW-P1 would have to put the RAC5 in the right arm instead of a torso.

#27 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:56 PM

It took me a distressingly long time to find a build for my Bushwacker that worked for me (I bought a High Roller during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale with MC gained from events). Part of the problem was that I tried a little too hard to use all the hardpoints, and kept coming up short.

Then I had an epiphany and did this.

It's got durability; it's a deadside build. It's got speed; it's a 300-rated engine, so it does ~95kph after tweak. It's got a powerful, repeatable PPFLD alpha, with an AC20 and a SNPPC. Most importantly, though... it's got insanely good convergence. I'd been using a similar setup on my Yen-Lo-Wang, with great success, but the Centurion's AC20 is way out in its arm- great for hill-fighting, but sub-optimal for surgical dismemberment at slappyfight range. The Bushwacker's LT and RT ballistics are so close to the CT energy hardpoint that they might as well be in it. Where one goes, the other goes, every single time.

Where before the HR was one of my hard luck 'Mechs, which struggled to even make an impact (let alone carry), now it's kicking arse and taking names in every match, and its stats have almost recovered from the torture I'd been putting it through since November. I'm actually having fun with it now. It's still a little irksome that there are so many hardpoints left empty, but the build works, and it works well. AC20+SNPPC is an awesome combo, and the ultra-tight hardpoint spacing just makes it shine that much brighter.

#28 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

I bought the P1 during the sale and settled on this build. Can snipe a bit with the er large and sandblasts like a pro with the four mrm10. Only have 10 points into skills so far all in the survival tree and its performing great even stock. Can't wait to max the armour and weapons which will allow for engaging at long and short range with equal performance.

Posted Image

#29 H E L L F I R E

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostVeolfen, on 20 September 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

Hello everyone ! I'm here to share with you some nice builds for the wacker after a ton games on it. MWO has been releasing so many mechs, a lot of people ended up finding the love of their life. I had to wait of lot of time to find mine, than the Marauder came out (not the IIC ofc, buarf), and he was a really nice first love. Today he still has a big place in my heart. But when the Bushwacker came out, the real love showed up : Bushwacker are so adaptable and tough that i can't play any other mech (just Marauder sometimes) since they came out. So, after hundred and hundred of games, i wanted to share with you some builds that are the results of many tests and reworks. If you lack of idea, if you want to try something new, or if you have problem to make the bushwacker work, i suggest you to get an eye on these. Some builds aren't on their optimal chassis since I only have 1 of each chassis, but you'll see the potential anyway. I often do more than 400 damages, and do more than 500 damages on a regular basis with them. And i did make a lot of 700/800+ damages games where i have good unload opportunities. Biggest games in those chassis broke the 1000+ damages too. Those results are in tier 2 solo matches and premade matches (when i play with a friend). (Only tier 2 since i don't play enough games to reach tier 1, it's a matter of time) Here we go, starting with the 2 missile powerhouses builds : -The classical SRM boat (my least favorite Bushwacker because of its shortrange limitation, but damn effective at it). The 2 missile rack, explosive & spread skills are needed : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8ee2cf2c32843c -The VARIANT I HIGHLY RECOMMAND : My MRM SPECIAL wacker, my most original and powerful creation (my favorite Bushwacker) Need the 2 magazine capacity and missile rack skills at least : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9ee1c28edcb8b10 Then comes my poking wacker (Engine can be replaced by XL for more speed, but loosing the deadside potential. Also, small lasers can be replaced by meds by removing 1 heatsink, i kind of switch between the 2) : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0fe324166eefd7a Bullet Storm Wacker is the next on the line, this one is well known anyway, double RAC5 for double fun (Can be replaced by double LBX10 or double UAC10/AC10. Also with XL engine you can put some lasers and get a bit more speed). The 2 magazine capacity skills are needed : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ecbb6f87f27a721 My 2 final wackers are the 2 i call "the Toughwackers" , they have more variety in weapons, less alpha, but they are tough and effective : First is the "Gunshop" : Versatility at its best : (He can be played with RAC5, UAC5 or LBX10, i vary between the 4 variants. Also can be played with LBX + 4 SRM 4 for a close range variant, or STD engine, LBX , 2 meds and 3 SRM 4 for the toughest wacker) The 2 magazine capacity & missile rack skills are needed at least : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6b97492d32a3c4c Last variant, the second Toughwacker, the Hero one, my High Roller, the "Low Roller" : Not the biggest Alpha nor pinpoint, but good DPS and heat management and he's also the fastest variant I propose with a light engine. (A heatsink can be removed for a 4th med laser in the torso) At least 2 missile rack and 1 magazine capacity skills are needed : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8be048f1c61661b So here we are guys, many of my builds, if they attract you ,don't hesitate to give me your feedbacks. If you don't want to test them all, I highly recommand the MRMSPECIAL, it's a real powerhouse people should get their hands on. A 4 MRM 10 + Lasers can be done on the S2 too if you're not into machineguns. Have a good day and i hope you'll enjoy !

Your MRM recommendation is AMAZING. I got 3 games 1,000 pluss points in a row. NEVER done anything like that before. Normally I am hoping to score 300 dmg a match. Now I get 300-500 a match easy if I play smart. Thanks for this post man, really great for me to get into the wacker. Now my favorite MECH!!!

#30 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:56 PM

Hey you're welcome ! I updated it a bit but this one is still the most punchy variant.

On my updated version I switched 1 mrm 20 for 1 mrm 10 (a bit less punchy so) and went for light engine instead of xl (but way tankier)

I also swap between light mg and classical mg, they're both effective for this job.

Still the XL variant is still the fastest and most powerful of the 2. And Bushy can handle xl engine since you can spread damages well on them.

A recent addition I made and that looks like the MRM 40 + RAC 5 is my MRM 10x4 + UAC 5 bushy, a funny variant too, less punchy and heat efficient then the MRMSPECIAL but has more range poke and pinpoint potential.

Edited by Veolfen, 18 September 2018 - 10:58 PM.

#31 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostVeolfen, on 20 September 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

Hello everyone ! I'm here to share with you some nice builds for the wacker after a ton games on it.

MWO has been releasing so many mechs, a lot of people ended up finding the love of their life.

I had to wait of lot of time to find mine, than the Marauder came out (not the IIC ofc, buarf), and he was a really nice first love. Today he still has a big place in my heart.

But when the Bushwacker came out, the real love showed up :

Bushwacker are so adaptable and tough that i can't play any other mech (just Marauder sometimes) since they came out.

So, after hundred and hundred of games, i wanted to share with you some builds that are the results of many tests and reworks. If you lack of idea, if you want to try something new, or if you have problem to make the bushwacker work, i suggest you to get an eye on these.
Some builds aren't on their optimal chassis since I only have 1 of each chassis, but you'll see the potential anyway.
I often do more than 400 damages, and do more than 500 damages on a regular basis with them. And i did make a lot of 700/800+ damages games where i have good unload opportunities. Biggest games in those chassis broke the 1000+ damages too.
Those results are in tier 2 solo matches and premade matches (when i play with a friend). (Only tier 2 since i don't play enough games to reach tier 1, it's a matter of time)

Here we go, starting with the 2 missile powerhouses builds :

-The classical SRM boat (my least favorite Bushwacker because of its shortrange limitation, but damn effective at it). The 2 missile rack, explosive & spread skills are needed :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8ee2cf2c32843c

How do you deal with the ghost heat? Firing half od the SRMs at a time?

#32 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 19 September 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

How do you deal with the ghost heat? Firing half od the SRMs at a time?

Can't speak for the OP, but the likely pairing is all the torso SRM4s on one button and the pair of arm SRM4s on another button. That allows tracking fast mechs with the arm to give them a dual SRM4 volley, and when the opportunity arises the torso volley can follow.

For me ghost heat and the large hitboxes of SRM4s in the upper torso missile slots is why I prefer this BSW-P1 build over 6xSRM4s. I lock the arms so the entire alpha is on the same target, and as I mentioned in my first post in this thread running SRM2s or SSRM2s in the top torso missile mounts gives you thinner 'blades' rather than the large boxes used for SRM4s and 6s.

#33 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Yeah the SRM one is a bit out dated : Swap 2 srm4 for 2 srm2 like in the build previously posted (back in the day one of the first comment proposed it).

What i was doing with ghost heat was shooting the 4 srm4 of the torso first then the 2 of the arm after half a sec.
But it's much better with the 4 srm4 + 2 srm2.

EDIT : Added some updated changes on the original post. I also still highly recommand my MRMspecial !

Also : This answer comes litteraly 1 year later !

Edited by Veolfen, 20 September 2018 - 10:24 AM.

#34 Kyoptik

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

My personal favourite is something I like to call the CavWacker.

Works in both the S2 and the HR: LFE 300, 1 UAC10, 4ML. Deadside.

Extremely deadly, and very fast (95kph with speed tweaks). Rush about the battlefield and support team mates in fights that are already happening, then pinpoint out a component or secure the kill.

I regularly do 500+ damage and just this evening had a 1050 damage game with 5 kills, 2 KMDDs. A beautiful build on a beautiful mech that only gets better if you can get 2 or 3 of them running in a group. Absolutely unstoppable.

CAVWACKERMK2

switch out the UAC for an AC to get extra heat management or an AMS. You can drop a ton of ammo for a DHS, too.

Edited by Kyoptik, 29 November 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#35 Psychoviper

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Recently trying an mrm 40 and mrm 30 bushy. Fun stuff.

#36 Nix Axer

• 1,077 posts
  • LocationMariupol

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:41 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users