61 replies to this topic

#41 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

you mean back before you Clammers could pick things like Steel Vipers and Nova Cats?

Well, sadly the Clanners wannabe Furries. Keep up the fight!

proof you're a Loony?

You are mistaken.

I'm in Clan Davion.

Posted Image

#42 SmokeyYote

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHunting some Katherine Loyalists in my Zeus.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

You know what there is a clan I would join ... Clan Wolverine or better there IS rebirth as the Minnesota Tribe.

Or Coyote they kinda made all of those fancy Omnimechs beginning with the Coyotl

Edited by SmokeyYote, 24 September 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostB0oN, on 24 September 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

It also has : tasty AC´s, low laser burntimes, very high survivability, weight advantage in fp, ...

Yeah, go drop as IS and see how much those will help you. (MS) had fought against the best on both sides, and collectively concluded that it is easier to win as Clans.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 September 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 September 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

You are mistaken.

I'm in Clan Davion.

Posted Image

No, pretty sure you got a Clammer insignia on that avatar... and clammer machines. Real clan davion rocks IS loud and proud.

#45 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

We have Urbies!!

Eat it trashborn.

EAT IT!!

*Mic drop*

Posted Image

#46 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

No, pretty sure you got a Clammer insignia on that avatar... and clammer machines. Real clan davion rocks IS loud and proud.

With as many RACs and UAC/20s as possible stuffed into a mech?

#47 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

View PostAthom83, on 24 September 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

With as many RACs and UAC/20s as possible stuffed into a mech?

There's no such thing as too much dakka if you're an Ork. Or a House Davion mechwarrior.

#48 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 24 September 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I'm going to state the obvious here. You have to be very much a lore head or a masochist to remain an Inner Sphere Loyalist in this game. The benefits are completely underwhelming. The battles are always up hill. Whether you want to blame Big Merc groups, Tech Imbalance, Veteran players on clans .. the fact is the Innersphere isn't winning.
I'm not here to contemplate why the IS loyalists are usually on the losing side, but simply stated IS Loyalists should have some large incentive to be cannon fodder for the clans. How about it ??? Shout out to all the Loyalists out there ! IMO Loyalists should have something mercs cant have that's worth while.

Fist off Respect to IS loyalists. I'm a Clan loyalist but I know what it is like. I remember the days of being stuck on the home planet (Bear Claw) and fighting nothing but Merc premades day in day out.

The whole CW system has been broke from the start because Merc units got all the pros and none of the cons. The system literally rewarded them for seal clubbing. Thankfully they bought in voting and made a couple of other changes but nothing like they should have done. I mean come on... all the big Merc units can be Clan, Clan can be smashing the FW map and Merc units can still get equally lucrative contracts for going Clan. It is just broken.

On the other side loyalist have to give up playing either IS or Clan mechs and for what. We get to vote? Voting was only important to stop big Merc units from being -MegaStupid- and cutting off allied factions invasion corridors. Faction are a big bucket now so it just isn't as important.

There should be more point to being a loyalist but there should also be more trade offs for being a Merc.

#49 MechWarrior5367362

Banned - Cheating

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Let's give the balance discussions a rest. You can win as IS if you're good. You can win as clans if you're good. And vice-versa: On both sides, you can lose if you're bad. Works for me.

FP is just a shallow, shallow game mode, devoid of many features that were promised and many that it needs if it's going to be viable.

There is no incentive whatsoever to go IS loyalist, or loyalist in general. No unique mechs or buffs that it gives you access to. Just some free mech bays from grinding loyalty.

I stay IS loyalist because it's just a little restriction I can place on myself to introduce some difficulty into the game. I acknowledge that this exposes me to some of the game's worst teammates (IS skittles bringing inexplicable builds), but the skittle situation on the clan side isn't much to write home about either.

Frankly, that's all relative. There are always good merc units going IS from time to time, and you can drop with them. There have been and still are good IS loyalist units (ISEN, 12DG) you can join. If you're a good pilot, and join a good IS loyalist unit, you may find that the other good pilots don't care to drop FP much (see: shallow game mode), but if you take the initiative to organize faction drops, you'll be surprised how quickly people join, and how well you do. IF YOU'RE GOOD.

Edited by The Weka, 24 September 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#50 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostThe Weka, on 24 September 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Let's give the balance discussions a rest. You can win as IS if you're good. You can win as clans if you're good. And vice-versa: On both sides, you can lose if you're bad. Works for me.

FP is just a shallow, shallow game mode, devoid of many features that were promised and many that it needs if it's going to be viable.

There is no incentive whatsoever to go IS loyalist, or loyalist in general. No unique mechs or buffs that it gives you access to. Just some free mech bays from grinding loyalty.

I stay IS loyalist because it's just a little restriction I can place on myself to introduce some difficulty into the game. I acknowledge that this exposes me to some of the game's worst teammates (IS skittles bringing inexplicable builds), but the skittle situation on the clan side isn't much to write home about either.

Frankly, that's all relative. There are always good merc units going IS from time to time, and you can drop with them. There have been and still are good IS loyalist units (ISEN, 12DG) you can join. If you're a good pilot, and join a good IS loyalist unit, you may find that the other good pilots don't care to drop FP much (see: shallow game mode), but if you take the initiative to organize faction drops, you'll be surprised how quickly people join, and how well you do. IF YOU'RE GOOD.

Yeah, the operative words being "IF" and "GOOD".

You can win as IS against IS if you're good, but against Clan you have to be better driving IS mechs compared to whatever passes as good for Clans, and that ain't easy when, chances are 90% of the time all the really, really good teams are on the Clan side simply because Clans straight up have the better mechs.

#51 MechWarrior5367362

Banned - Cheating

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

ISEN, 12DG, etc. beg to differ. I don't even know which mercs are IS right now, but I know 54MR is because I dropped with them the other night in a group that was 4 unit guys and 8 of us skittles on comms. We didn't lose a single match. Not even one was close. I had a pure skittle FP night with some D4 guys recently where we didn't lose.

The common denominator? A decent drop caller and 1-2 high skill pilots who could carry.

When the best IS loyalist units don't play much FP, it's not because FP is horribly balanced in favor of clans via tech and mechs, though I'll grant that there probably is some balance favor in the clans' direction (I just don't object to this, or particularly care, since it's very much surmountable). It's because the game mode stinks and there's no incentives--literally none--for them to drop in FP.

I don't think I've ever seen a top-tier merc unit complain that it's hard for them to take IS contracts because they lose to other top tier merc units who are on clan contracts. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by The Weka, 24 September 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#52 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

It's not my fault if the snake head logo goes over well with the chicks and the tailored lines of Clan mechs show off my athletic figure. Also, bubble cockpits have more room for my amazing hair.

#53 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

proof you're a Loony?

I dunno, man. I'm here for something the game actually has and y'all lore people are here for something it doesn't.

#54 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Imho when you ask why are poeple still here it is bcs the fundamental basic combatgame is promising and fun - its the later development and the non-development that makes things unpleasant and unwelcome - someone back that time did a pretty good Job yet PGI totally failed to build upon it!

#55 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

Uh...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostBombast, on 24 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Uh...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I said real Davions...not halfbreeds

#57 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

I said real Davions...not halfbreeds

No, you definitely said "real clan davion".

:P

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 24 September 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

No, you definitely said "real clan davion".

Posted Image

shush you.... go back to playing this for what it is... whatever that means. (PGI doesn't seem to know half the time, why should we?)

#59 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

Victor Steiner-Davion loved him so Clan mechs.

#60 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Standard clanners give "commies" a bad name lol, only the capellans and clan's hell's horses are "commies". Which is why only those 2 are kinda likable to me Posted Image. I see them as more scandinavian socalistic than true red commie though, which is a dumb pipe dream anyway, also feth the ******* plot-idiotified capellan leaders before Sun Tzu (who's also bad cuz plot op, but it couldn't be helped considering what the CC ended up as the result of the parade of idiocy).

I still say to spread out mercs and have them perform their intended function (to balance out the pop) we need to fix the contract bonuses and make it matter (introduce R&R in FP with a new FP-only currency). Reason to play FP could then be just specialized deckles or someting (a Focht portrait dekkle for IS tuk victory would probably draw a bunch of lorenuts).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users