Clan Wave 2/3 & 2C Heros.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

So i've been planning on coming back and been wondering which of the new Clans heroes are worth getting.

I'm kinda looking for more of the serious heroes and not meme heroes. (i have enough urbies, i think that is all the memes i need)

Edited by Lupis Volk, 26 September 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

Okay. so let's take a look at what we have.

Ebon Dragoon is actually a good hero to begin with. with 4E, you can add ECM and use 4 heavy medium lasers. or you can go 8B and 4E. either way is a good way to go with it.

Esprit De Corps. Dual high mounted gauss is especially nice with 6 tons of ammo. basically a clan dual Gauss Jagermech.

Kin wolf, I'd say try out SRM brawling, since you can mount about 5M on it.

Cherbi seems the same way, except with 4M and 1B. perhaps lb and srms.

Virago seems like laservomit or missile support, aka ATMs or lrms.

The Keeper is okay, it's a dysfunctional scorch essentially.

The deathwish.... I dunno. yes and no, honestly.

These are the best heroes in my eyes.

The others are either not worth getting as they don't provide anything new or that they are obselete and a better mech can do what they can do. a good example is the Shadowcat hero and ice ferret hero. the regular Shadowcat can have ECM and same if not better loadouts.

#3 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 September 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Okay. so let's take a look at what we have.

Ebon Dragoon is actually a good hero to begin with. with 4E, you can add ECM and use 4 heavy medium lasers. or you can go 8B and 4E. either way is a good way to go with it.

Esprit De Corps. Dual high mounted gauss is especially nice with 6 tons of ammo. basically a clan dual Gauss Jagermech.

Kin wolf, I'd say try out SRM brawling, since you can mount about 5M on it.

Cherbi seems the same way, except with 4M and 1B. perhaps lb and srms.

Virago seems like laservomit or missile support, aka ATMs or lrms.

The Keeper is okay, it's a dysfunctional scorch essentially.

The deathwish.... I dunno. yes and no, honestly.

These are the best heroes in my eyes.

The others are either not worth getting as they don't provide anything new or that they are obselete and a better mech can do what they can do. a good example is the Shadowcat hero and ice ferret hero. the regular Shadowcat can have ECM and same if not better loadouts.

Okay, you would have any smurfies for the Esprit De Corps, Kin wolf, Cherbi and the Virago would you?

#4 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

The Kit fox purifier is magnificent but if you make a purchase to qualify for the Loyalty Kitfox for 2017, it has missile ears and will do just fine as a free perk.

I own the Warrant. It was great until the engine de couple from agility with the Skill tree patch. Now, it's merely good, and not something I would have paid money for. The Ebon Jaguar outclasses it for the roles you'll put it to.

None of the IIC heroes are worth paying real money for unless you are already fond of a given chassis and see yourself playing it a lot. I'm fond of the Orion IIC, and the Skoll performs very well for me.

Of the first gen heroes, the stormcrow is still very good and as previously mentioned, the purifier. The Dire Wolf in general is a walking liability. Of the second gen heroes, eben jag stands out as does the cheeto hero. If you love laser vomit then the Hellbringer Hero might be worth your time - I have the loyalty hellbringer from last year so I wouldn't know. I'd still take the ebon jag over it. The Mad Dog as a general chassis is in a pretty good spot in the current game so that hero might do well for you too.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 26 September 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

If you love laser vomit then the Hellbringer Hero might be worth your time - I have the loyalty hellbringer from last year so I wouldn't know.

Hellbringer-P can give you the same energy hardpoints--without having to spend real money.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 September 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

Hellbringer-P can give you the same energy hardpoints--without having to spend real money.

As much as I hate to admit, the forum outcry on the Clan heroes bore some real fruit for the f2pers

#7 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

None of them are what id call meta or even unique enough to warrant getting them unless you really like a particular chassis and want a bit more CB out of it. There are much better older heroes out there which are both unique relative to the chassis, and some of them are actually competitive too. If you want clan heroes, the purifier is probably one of the best right now (in power level relative to the base models, and its not that expensive either). The only other hero that really is p2w is the deathstrike (the best build on it is 100% superior to the MCII-1), but its almost guaranteed to get mega nerfed on CB release (and knowing PGI history its likely all the MCIIs will be nerfed alongside). Aside from those 2 standouts, i dont think there is any more crazy strong heroes as all of the rest have weaknesses like bad hardpoints, non-meta, and ultra niche. Not that thats bad, since they need to be unique but not better then the free models.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users