Fw Need Some Sort Of Match Maker

51 replies to this topic

#41 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

Faction play is fine aside from getting 20 territory attack in a row for 3 days straight, then 1 other mode to break it up.

Faction play is also fine aside from off the leash trolling going on.

Think a match maker will fix one team not taking any damage?

Teams not taking any damage has been going on for way over a year and been ruining faction play the entire time and other matches as well.

Then I come to the forums seeing it being blamed on the match maker.

Edited by Johnny Z, 02 October 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#42 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Needs way more players. As I write this, I'm in a 12-man waiting for a match. Had one drop in the last 1 1/2 hours so far. While a matchmaker might get some players to reconsider FP, I just don't see it bringing in nearly enough to keep the wait times reasonable.

Edited by ocular tb, 02 October 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#43 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Could always try making QP just solo players and FP groups only.

#44 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 October 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

FW NEEDS SOME SORT OF MATCH MAKER

Not that FW needs it anyway, but if you wanna kill off the mode entirely with 2 hour long wait times, go ahead.

#45 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

You can't be serious. Getting chat when we did is like Santa showing up to the mall in February. CW had long since been buried by the time that showed up.

Chicken and egg. People complained they needed it, got it, don't use it - even during an event.

So that argument is null and void of "there are no options" if they are provided and then never used.

View PostMr Goldenfold, on 02 October 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

You know, you are 100% correct. 'Join a group, shut up or GTFO' is a completely viable answer.

The problem is: PUGs actually did GTFO and now, no one plays the bloody thing. Is that a desirable outcome?

Of course I am correct I play and understand the mode better than most. And no, people don't avoid playing the mode because of no MM.

FP3.0 - That stopped people playing.

It killed off the largest units (1,000s of players) in the game inside of 4 weeks which were responsible for taking on new players, training them and so on. FP3.0 and it's lack of actually giving the community what it was promised - was the sole cause of FPs death some 18 months ago.

If FP3.0 was not a utterly dismal failure there would still be 7,000+ people in FP. Now there is around 3,500 at last count regularly active. Given QP is only 28,000 - There is no fix for FP and no fix for MWO with such a low active player base.

Put a MM in, at this stage of the game, it will achieve nothing. If you cannot see that, you do not understand the game beyond knowing how to log on.

View PostBombast, on 02 October 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

You realize there are MC awards for FP even when there's no event going on, right?

Well, don't worry about it. In a couple days, the event will be over, and all you non 'dumb or stupid' people can go back to waiting 2 hours for a match.

I can get MC just by playing FP? I never knew.

I've never waited 2hrs for a match though?

#46 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 October 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

start out, rank up and average the groups tier

Add in people tier to fill in blanks

Put large groups against each other

Put small groups against each other..

put high tier folks into the gaps of groups..

If you can put in singles verse singles do it

Seriously? How long have you been playing FW? Best have over 200 games played IN FACTION PLAY or you wont like this. When I see threads like this, ill say it again. Total EPIC fail. Its NO MATCHMAKER, NO MERCY. First Come, First Served. Don't like it? go back to Quick Play.

Edited by Wing 0, 02 October 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#47 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

What FP needs is a FP mode with QP-style queue.

Let those "team up or you're a potato" elitists have their group matches and then just let them sit there playing MWO-Searching. Posted Image

#48 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

If you do that, everyone will sit there searching because it would cause a further population exodus.

It would be the final nail.

#49 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostWing 0, on 02 October 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Seriously? How long have you been playing FW? Best have over 200 games played IN FACTION PLAY or you wont like this. When I see threads like this, ill say it again. Total EPIC fail. Its NO MATCHMAKER, NO MERCY. First Come, First Served. Don't like it? go back to Quick Play.

I love the brutality. The warning is clear when people click on FW, there will be no hand holding there.

#50 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Chicken and egg. People complained they needed it, got it, don't use it - even during an event.

So that argument is null and void of "there are no options" if they are provided and then never used.
It's not really chicken and egg when you buy a leash to walk the dog that you buried last summer.

I'm not saying chat would have fixed CW, but it would have helped some very annoying aspects of it, and I believe the mode was beyond saving by the time chat came out.

So yes, I still blame PGI for not including such a basic function in their game, that's pretty crucial for the mode they envisioned.

#51 Agent 0range

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

I have to say playing IS you pretty much get insta drops in events or not. maybe people like playing the best mechs more?

#52 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

View Postadamts01, on 02 October 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

It's not really chicken and egg when you buy a leash to walk the dog that you buried last summer.

I'm not saying chat would have fixed CW, but it would have helped some very annoying aspects of it, and I believe the mode was beyond saving by the time chat came out.

So yes, I still blame PGI for not including such a basic function in their game, that's pretty crucial for the mode they envisioned.

It would've made no difference. Why? As I've said many times - FP3.0 killed it. Back then Team Speak servers would literally have 100s of people on, 100s... And that is no exaggeration at all.

If this supposed chat was "so important/critical" why did it literally stop no-one back then from getting into groups, teams, units and having matches running 24x7? Large units easily coordinating drops of 4-6 12-mans every day?

I was around for but a short time of the glory days before Russ's misguided ideas and broken promises were delivered. Pretty much every FP Patch and Hot Fix, since FP3.0, has been a band-aid attempt to fix the issues that were directly caused by FP3.0 in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users