Warhammer Mech Advice

BattleMechs Gameplay General

50 replies to this topic

#1 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:14 PM

I think this mech is bad just wanna know if its me or the mech.

#2 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Just you. 6R, 6D, and Black Widow are great.

Edited by N0ni, 03 October 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#3 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

So here is the deal for anybody who happens on this. After a day or two of grinding I got a warhammer. I think the mech looks awesome. I really like the mech. I played the trial mech and did fantastic with it. But then I was able to finally buy them mech. Then things started happening that I didn't have to deal with on the trail mech. My side torsos. They keep getting destroyed. Regardelss from my distance from the enemy. If I torso twist or keep my side showing my side torso gets destroyed. Regardless of its just a 1v1 or its a few against me. I have tons of mech from various different classes and ive never had this problem. Also the mech seems to be way too squishy compared to my other heavies and even some mediums. I need help. I don't understand why this is even a issue. Lastly I had a friend go into a lobby with me. He was using a centurion with 4x med pulse and 2x srm6. Nobody how many times I torso twisted or if I gave him a side, he kept poping of my shoulders. I would like to be be able to salvage this mech. I like it l. PLEASE HELP!!!

#4 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostN0ni, on 03 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Just you. 6R, 6D, and Black Widow are great.
The R6 is the variant I had.

#5 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

2 Ultra 10s and 5 MLs. Try that. If it's too hot drop down to normal 10s.

#6 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostN0ni, on 03 October 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

2 Ultra 10s and 5 MLs. Try that. If it's too hot drop down to normal 10s.
how does this HELP with my side torso's constantly being destroyed?

#7 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostCaptinkirk08, on 03 October 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

how does this HELP with my side torso's constantly being destroyed?

frontload armor and wiggle your mouse?

#8 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Also anybody else in general having this problem?

#9 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

Hev you maxed out the armor? Did you front load it (leave only 2-4 back armor)? Do you torso twist while under fire?

#10 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostN0ni, on 03 October 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

frontload armor and wiggle your mouse?
That's the thing. I've been doing that. When I played the trial version. NOBODY shot at my side torso's. I get an actually variant and EVERYBODY shoots my side torso. Most the time of and enemy gets close to me they try to shoot my CT but when after a days worth of matches I watch enemies walk straight up to me and literally shot over me and to either to the right and or left and I see the my damage model they purposely trying to take of a shoulder.

#11 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 03 October 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

Hev you maxed out the armor? Did you front load it (leave only 2-4 back armor)? Do you torso twist while under fire?
yes. That's what shocked me one match I was walking and my shoulder Instantly got poped. It was from a dude standing right in front of me He was in a heavy mech. (A dragon) so I started torso twisting. He shot my other ST off. So I thought to myself I must have not maxed my ST armour. When I went to the mech man I was startled when I saw my armour WAS at MAX!

Are warhammers known to typically be carrying XLs?

#12 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostCaptinkirk08, on 03 October 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

yes. That's what shocked me one match I was walking and my shoulder Instantly got poped. It was from a dude standing right in front of me He was in a heavy mech. (A dragon) so I started torso twisting. He shot my other ST off. So I thought to myself I must have not maxed my ST armour. When I went to the mech man I was startled when I saw my armour WAS at MAX!

Dude, Dragon doesn't have enough firepower to instantly pop your ST unless it's UAC20 4x ML Dragon and you allowed all of its damage to land accurately on your ST.

#13 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

STs are the easiest way to kill Warhammers because the majority of builds either house an XL or LFE which only requires 1 or 2 pops to die.

The only time you'll see a STD engine is if it has dual LB20Xs or for some weird reason Heavy Gauss. Warhammers have been out for quite some time so it's general knowledge at this point.

Edited by N0ni, 03 October 2017 - 10:55 PM.

#14 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 03 October 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Dude, Dragon doesn't have enough firepower to instantly pop your ST unless it's UAC20 4x ML Dragon and you allowed all of its damage to land accurately on your ST.
so you mean to tell me you guy never get your side torso shot off at all? I mean when my Orion with a AC-20 gets focused less hard almost every match for multiple days in a row versus my warhammer something must be up. Is the side torso a know weakness of the warhammer? My load out for the hammer was stock so I bumped up the armour to max. This mech has a standard engine. Its load out is 2x ppc, 2x med, 2x small 2x machine guns and a srm6. Could people be taking a look at my load out and mistaking that I have an XL or something?

#15 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostN0ni, on 03 October 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

STs are the easiest way to kill Warhammers because the majority of builds either house an XL or LFE which only requires 1 or 2 pops to die.

The only time you'll see a STD engine is if it has dual LB20Xs or for some weird reason Heavy Gauss. Warhammers have been out for quite some time so it's general knowledge at this point.
so I do torso twist is there any other advice besides twisting that you might know of? I notice enemies keep poping my ST while I'm torso twisting too. So do I need to keep enemies at range to avoid this? Any advice on how to avoid getting side torso'd?

#16 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Kind of like a Centurion, twist to an angle to where you can use your arms as a shield.

Do NOT twist to a static position (can still hit sides from that angle, common mistake in any mech against decent people), you do need to wiggle a bit so that a chunk of the damage hits the arm and does not give the guy a clear bead on your sides.

Another approach is to wiggle while facing your opponent so that it spreads to both your sides and CT, better to have a few lightly damaged components than just one taking the full blast.

#17 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

View PostN0ni, on 03 October 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Kind of like a Centurion, twist to an angle to where you can use your arms as a shield.

Do NOT twist to a static position (can still hit sides from that angle, common mistake in any mech against decent people), you do need to wiggle a bit so that a chunk of the damage hits the arm and does not give the guy a clear bead on your sides.

Another approach is to wiggle while facing your opponent so that it spreads to both your sides and CT, better to have a few lightly damaged components than just one taking the full blast.
a static postion do you mean twisting to one side and waiting to be shot or do you mean when being fired at that you twist from left to right and right to left? Can you explain?

#18 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:56 PM

He means dont twist along simple planes (like pure horizontal).
adopt an erratic and tight pattern of wobble while moving in a down+across arc.

just pretend like you're Michael J Fox and you're going to do a lot better than just 'banking' your torso along the horizontal.

Also, being physically dynamic / non-static (in motion) helps with this, as it's even harder to get a bead on the one spot for focus fire.

I have noticed that the WHM is very easily cored personally (even though i twist quite well i still get CT out first most times, despite XL).

Another valid strategy is just to alpha the crap out of them and make them think twice about coming back for another bite.

#19 Captinkirk08

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

View PostqS Sachiel, on 03 October 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

He means dont twist along simple planes (like pure horizontal).
adopt an erratic and tight pattern of wobble while moving in a down+across arc.

just pretend like you're Michael J Fox and you're going to do a lot better than just 'banking' your torso along the horizontal.

Also, being physically dynamic / non-static (in motion) helps with this, as it's even harder to get a bead on the one spot for focus fire.

I have noticed that the WHM is very easily cored personally (even though i twist quite well i still get CT out first most times, despite XL).

Another valid strategy is just to alpha the crap out of them and make them think twice about coming back for another bite.
so do you think I can salvage this situation?

#20 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:04 AM

Well, the whammy is a really good mech.

As long as you don't run it anywhere close to its canonical loadouts, with the PPC arms and whatnot.
Just slap on some Autocannon nipples on it or just cram it full of lasers. #META

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 04 October 2017 - 12:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users