Mech-Toberfest Tournament Supporter Pack Owners Rewards

35 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We have just injected a redeem for the Tournament Supporter Pack owners for the Mech-tober Fest Daily Challenges.
Any owner who achieved 3 of the 6 daily objectives throughout Mech-toberfest received an additional 1,500,000 C-Bills.
We will continue to grant additional rewards for events for players who own the Tournament Supporter Pack.
We are also adding 3 new warhorns to the Tournament Supporter Pack next week.
Cheers,
MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Thank you for this, it's appreciated.
Though I would like to add that until the Tournament Supporter bonus is over, could we maybe see the bonuses for it on each event 'splash page' when it appears here on the website, or have it listed in the in-game system?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Please PGI, the Mechtober event feels tacked on especially since there's the 'extra' requirement of completing 3 tasks, that wasn't part of the deal when you sold us the tournament packs. You said there would be bonuses, not bonuses with strings attached. For Luthien I will say I'm glad to see the bonus listed before the event starts, unlike how Mechtober 's bonuses were listed after the event ended, even though there were people asking daily about what the bonuses were going to be in multiple places (forums, reddit, twitter to name a few, even NGNG's stream got it asked a few times). We bought the tournament supporter package in good faith that you would give bonuses, you are and that's good, but being a bit more transparent about them and listing them before the event starts (for all events past Luthien) would be a really great thing.

Edited by Mikayshen, 12 October 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#3 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Thanks alot guys! <3 :D

#4 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

Why are the bonuses for six event segments lumped together and dependent upon completing a certain number of segments other than one?

Personally I got all six, so this doesn't affect me, but they're listed, completed, and awarded as individual segments, and each segment of previous events had its own Tournament Supporter bonus (which wasn't simply C-Bills, but whatever).

I give you guys a lot of benefit of the doubt on most things, but it can't be this hard to know in advance that every event gets Tournament Supporter bonuses...put a sticky note on your monitors if you have to.

#5 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

And I wondered where the CB came from. Very nice. And now we get the escalation countdown?

#6 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Umm you could have said something in the beginning? Not as a after thought? Come on. What about the others that purchased the support pack and were like "na not going to do the event, as it its not worth xyz time" Then afterwards you say

"Oh by the way you get 1.5 million for doing 3 of the events" If you want people to purchase the support pack say

"Hey if you already purchased the support pack you will get 1.5 million c-bills for doing 3 of the events over the week" that way people have a incentive to purchase it and FELL GOOD ABOUT IT!!!!

Just puts a sour taste in everyone's mouth when you do stuff like this PGI..

marketing 101

PS:Already did it and got the c-bills but for other people

#7 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Nice.

But yeah, probably better to just state up front what they'll get. Might even help you sell a few more to players who haven't bought it yet.

#8 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Cool cheers going to hit my 50mill goal in no time.

#9 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 12 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Umm you could have said something in the beginning? Not as a after thought? Come on. What about the others that purchased the support pack and were like "na not going to do the event, as it its not worth xyz time" Then afterwards you say

"Oh by the way you get 1.5 million for doing 3 of the events" If you want people to purchase the support pack say

BECAUSE....it already was announced.... many times... that this year's tourney pack buyers extra rewards on top of anything they earn in an event. It even says on the store page for the pack...

Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017.

Edited by Dee Eight, 12 October 2017 - 06:37 PM.

#10 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

I appreciate the bonus, its a fair kick, however, I have to call BS when I see it.

It seems like you all [PGI] forgot what was promised with the Tourney Pack and just threw this CBill bonus together as an "Ah crap we forgot! Hope they don't notice..." sort of thing. Considering there is a separate condition to EARN a promised bonus... I feel its extremely unfair to those who only managed 1 or 2 of the challenges. Maybe more of us would enjoy this bonus if we actually were aware of the qualifying conditions first... like when the event started.

You [PGI] stated that bonuses will be received by those who have the Tourney Pack. Not that those of us who have the pack would have an additional Secret Challenge to complete. The CBills are nice gesture, but I'm sorry, that's al it is, a gesture in an attempt to hide a mistake.

I am not only disappointed in how this situation has been handled, but it is very discouraging that PGI will honor their original offer associated with purchased Tournament Packs.

#11 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the injection and extra bonus, a welcome surprise Posted Image

Please though, have the Support Pack bonuses indicated upfront. It will be immensely helpful for current and prospective Support Pack owners. Case in point the upcoming Luthien Event.

EDIT: I just saw this for the Luthien Event:

In addition to any standard Rewards from participation, Tournament Supporters will receive an additional 250,000 C-Bills for each Challenge completed!

Thanks for the update. Even though it's no longer a double-bonus, it's good to see the improvement in info update.

Edited by arcana75, 12 October 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#12 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 October 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

<font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">Greetings MechWarriors,</font><div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">
</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">We have just injected a redeem for the <a href="https://mwomercs.com/store/tournament" style="">Tournament Supporter Pack</a> owners for the <a href="https://mwomercs.com/events/5" style="">Mech-tober Fest Daily Challenges</a>.</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4"><span style="background-color: transparent;">Any owner who achieved 3 of the 6 daily objectives throughout Mech-</span>toberfest<span style="background-color: transparent;"> received an additional 1,500,000 C-Bills.</span>
</font></div> <div>
</div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">We will continue to grant additional rewards for events for players who own the <a href="https://mwomercs.com/store/tournament" style="">Tournament Supporter Pack.</a></font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">We are also adding <a href="https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/09/1899-3-new-warhorns-coming-to-tournament-supporter-pack-in-october" style="">3 new warhorns</a> to the Tournament Supporter Pack next week.</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">
</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">Cheers,</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">MechWarrior Online Team</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">
</font></div> <div><font face="Stratum1 Regular" size="4">
</font></div> <div>
</div> <div>
</div>

Talking about next week :)

Aren’t we a bit behind for the mechs previews and all ?
Thank you for any bits on that.

Also, thanks for the extra reward. I was curious about what it’d be :)

Best,

#13 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Better late than never, shows they are at least looking to improve things, let's not smash 'em every time they do something, I know I can be harsh on PGI sometimes but credit where credit is due (no pun intended).
Thanks PGI, more in-game monies to spend on boomsticks.

#14 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

BECAUSE....it already was announced.... many times... that this year's tourney pack buyers extra rewards on top of anything they earn in an event. It even says on the store page for the pack...

Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017.

Then lacking specifics on what the bonus is, it would probably be a good idea to stick this on event pages so players who don't know, then do know.

#15 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

the tournament supporter pack is probably the best valued purchase for the entire mwo calendar though the either 'a double up or extra reward' randomness could be laid out better ahead of time.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Thank you for the CBills.

FWIW I was expecting that you'd also give Tournament Supporters additional MC in keeping with the reward for the 6th day's challenge.

Edited by Appogee, 13 October 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#17 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Talking about a marketing standpoint not as the pack it self. If PGI had said along with the event " Hey guys along with the normal rewards were also going to give you an additional 1.5 million c-bills if you have the supporter pack" would sell more packs before the event in THE EVENT SCREEN.. Just saying something with every event would sell more not "oh by the way we forgot to tell you after the fact you get 1.5 million"

Its like trying to sell a car and after the fact, tell them it also comes with a radio instead of telling them before they purchase it in your marketing campaign to sell more cars,because thats your hot gimmick that the car comes with a radio. But in fine print someplace on page 158 on paragraph 15 sub section 12 line 6 it says it comes with a radio.

I.E. the best thing about the support pack is the free 10% c-bills and also extra rewards but as you took it from page 158 on paragraph 15 sub section 12 line 6 it cant sell more packs there but you can sell if you mention it in every marketing campaign or event that you list.. Just a F.Y.I.

Marketing 101

#18 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:47 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 13 October 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Its like trying to sell a car and after the fact, tell them it also comes with a radio instead of telling them before they purchase it in your marketing campaign to sell more cars,because thats your hot gimmick that the car comes with a radio.

I think it's more like PGI sold us a car and told us we'd get a 'bonus music system'.

So we expected we'd get inbuilt audio streaming from our smartphones. But instead, we've been given a CD player.

A free CD player is nice. We don't want to be ungrateful. But we can't help but feel disappointed, because we filled the vacuum of actual information from PGI with an expectation which was ultimately unfulfilled.

This is The PGI Way™: over-commit and under-deliver.

Remember that time Russ told us he was going to announce surprise new unexpected content? And we guessed "Oh, another Mech Pack." But Russ said "No, it's not a Mech Pack." So we all got excited and wondered whether it was tanks, or aeros, or swapable ammo types, or new game modes!

And then he said "Ta-dah! It's Clan Hero Mechs."

Edited by Appogee, 13 October 2017 - 04:12 AM.

#19 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 October 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I think it's more like PGI sold us a car and told us we'd get a 'bonus music system'.

So we expect we're getting inbuilt Spotify streaming. But instead we're given a CD player.

The disappointment lies in the gap between what we imagined, vs what was provided.

It's like that time Russ told us he was going to announce surprise new unexpected content. And we said "Oh, another Mech Pack." And he said "No, it's not a Mech Pack." So we wondered whether it was tanks, or aeros, or swapable ammo types.

And then he said "Ta da! It's Clan Hero Mechs."

Good point just would be much better marketing if you included it with the event and not on some back page is what i'm getting at after thought.

#20 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:01 AM

Thank you guys, for the CB's.. I gladly accept everything you give me..

Since sadly, these account injections are the ONLY things, I get, from playing of those Events... Least, till you finally FIGURE out, what is wrong with the in-game Event Browser.. And I can at last redeem LEAST something from it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users