290 replies to this topic

#21 XDevilsChariotX

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

I find it complete BS that PGI nerfed some of the Armor off of the Annihilator. God forbid if an Assault was tanky like it should be. Getting sick of all these unneeded nerfs. Sorry but these guys are clueless.

I'm done buying your Mech Packs now. Might as well nerf the Madcat I paid money for as well cuz everyone knows that's coming.

Edited by XDevilsChariotX, 13 October 2017 - 08:42 PM.

#22 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

where is the new map?!

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

Here are some strange comparisons between lasers that are a result of this patch.

The IS MPL has a slightly slower cooldown than the Clan LPL.

The Clan ERSL takes considerably longer to cooldown than the Clan ERLL.

All IS medium-class lasers cooldown slower than the IS LPL and LL.

The IS MPL has only a tiny cooldown advantage over the IS ERLL.

The IS ML and ERML both cooldown slower than the ERLL.

Ultimately this broad change feels like it relied way too much on spreadsheet theoretical performance rather than actual gameplay outcomes. Specifically, there's this nifty mechanic called hardpoints to prevent people from just boating medium or small type lasers up the wazoo. A Large Laser takes up the same amount of hardpoints as a Small Laser. Hardpoints are especially important on the IS side since they have far fewer mechs that come with oodles of them.

There's also the extremely important range attribute. Guns with shorter range are supposed to be much more DPS-efficient for their weight as a direct trade-off for having less range. Correspondingly, longer range guns are supposed to pay a premium for that critical advantage. With tonnage being equal, the small/medium laser mech should crush the large laser mech in close combat (assuming both of them start at 100% health). Even a small to moderate tonnage disparity should still allow the small/medium laser mech to either slightly surpass or at least match the DPS of the long-range sniper.

Edited by FupDup, 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#24 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Feels like you just kicked me in the nuts again PGI. Nerf IS dps potential for energy and nerf my Grasshopers again. Massive Sigh.

#25 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Originally, I was like "Oh cool, lasers got nerfed again. Not ba-"

Just... What the hell? First of all, STOP NERFING THE DAMN GRASSHOPPER. I don't care how much the freaking devs hate it, stop nerfing the damn thing. It's been nerfed more than enough.

[color=#3073F3]current hardpoint configuration on the GHR-5, it has no need for any offensive based Quirks.[/color]

See this? This is something that makes no damn sense. You have to game the freaking Hardpoint system to get anything done WITH its hardpoints, let alone doing anything effective. "Hardpoint Configuration" be damned, that's a BS excuse. If you feel the need to nerf a freaking unit because you don't like it, have the damn cajones to actually say that you are nerfing it for that reason. I'd rather brutal honesty than spiteful falsehoods.

The WHM-6D has one more energy hardpoint (And all are relatively higher) than EVERY GRASSHOPPER VARIANT, and yet you don't nerf it for the exact same reason? The closest Clan comparison-or indeed, Mech comparison in general- may be the freaking Summoner, but last I checked, people use that even less. I didn't know that "Useless 70 ton mech" was a niche that absolutely needed to be filled, but for heaven's sake, you people are trying your damnedest to fit two mechs in there at the same time.

EDIT: I don't even DRIVE the damn Grasshopper, and at this rate, I never will. Raise up the Grasshopper's HPs to all four E Hardpoints being upper-chest level and this might make sense-hell, buff the hell out of its durability, it's known as a zombie in-universe anyways. BUT STOP NERFING IT.

Edited by Catten Hart, 13 October 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#26 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Here are some strange comparisons between lasers that are a result of this patch.

Well put. This is completely nuts.

#27 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

The nerfs are a bit pointless, most of the weapons in the game were in a pretty good spot after the last patch. Nerfing missile spread is bad especially for streaks and SRMS, why would any military purposely use such defective weapon targeting systems? And you nerfed my Grasshopper?!# The AC velocity buffs are pretty good though, some of the ACs projectiles are so slow that it takes an incredible suspension of disbelief just to pretend that they could actually stay in the air for longer than a meter or two. The cockpit items are good though and the new mechs look nice.

Edited by Ed Steele, 13 October 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 October 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

The only thing good about this patch gameplay wise is the increase in ballistic velocities. Everything else can get thrown in the trash. I guess the 100 tonner agility boost is good.

If you can actually identify the difference in acceleration between 6.something and 8.something then you're a very, very perceptive individual. The difference is almost irrelevant.

However it was clearly critical that the Anni needed to be unable to... boat any real ballistics but AC2s. Because stagger firing DPS weapons is so ******* stupid that stupid people look at it and get confused because even they recognize it's absolutely stupid.

It's a good thing those IS mediums got nerfed though. I mean those things were crazy. Creeping up on 'useful' even. It's a good thing they (and associated energy hardpoints on numerous mixed loadout IS mechs) got nerfed.

The only result in any way shape or form this patch will have is to lean further into laservomit boating and killing one of the two actually useful (ish) ballistic boats the IS had.

I'm just confused there was no Mauler nerf to go with it.

I guess the Assassin nerfs were pushed back by fiat to next months patch since nerfing the Assassin literally the same month it's out for cbills is too obvious.

#29 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ballistics were great---nerfed, lasers great---nerfed, missiles great---nerfed, ballistics great---nerfed, lasers great---nerfed, missiles great---nerfed................................ THE HOLY NERF WHEEL SPINS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN
The gods of MechWarrior have listened and accepted gifts of whining and crying little humans and have once again spun the wheel of THE HOLY WEAPONS NERF, we the nonbelievers are not surprised, now that missiles are affected we know that for a short while ballistics will now be the ultimate weapon again, untill THE HOLY WEAPONS NERF wheel is spun again, or shall the gods spin THE HOLY ARMOUR wheel or THE HOLY ARMOUR, STRUCTURE, MOVEMENT wheel, it is predictable.
You see, you don't have to spend hours in the forums complaining about a weapon you just have to wait for the wheel to spin

#30 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

Im all for anti power creep but... The laser nerf will hurt the brawling part of the game and the lighter brawler the most. I guess that the freakin sniping boats wont feel it... very happy... The Artemis, might be needed for big boats again, but will hurt the lighter brawlers who pay dearly with critspace and tonnage but hey, im sure the big boat wont feel it either...

Whats the point of nerfing if everyone gets down a notch.

I like the cockpit items. very much so and i cant wait to see them in game.

Edited by DAYLEET, 13 October 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#31 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 13 October 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

KDK-4 isn't a slouch, though, running 2x cUAC/10 and 2x cLPL

Not even funny. That's a good loadout for the Highlander IIC, not for a 100-tonner. 2xUAC10+2xHLL+2xERML should work, though, now that HLLs and ERMLs have a similar cooldown Posted Image

But overall, these spreadsheet-based nerfs are getting stupid. The energy balance pass completely wrecks the weapon roles - medium lasers now take longer to cycle than their large counterparts... Just doesn't make sense.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 13 October 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#32 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostFupDup, on 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

To add to this, looking at cycle time (duration + cooldown) ALL medium lasers (except heavies) have LONGER cycle times than large lasers of the same type:

IS Small 3.25
IS Medium 4.9
IS Large 4.2

IS SPL 2.4
IS MPL 3.9
IS LPL 3.67

IS ERSL 3.75
IS ERML 5.4
IS ERLL 4.5

C SPL 2.5
C MPL 4.4
C LPL 4.29

C ERSL 5.35
C ERML 6.25
C ERLL 5.1

C HSL 5.45
C HML 7.45
C HLL 7.55

EDIT: This makes the DPS of medium lasers pretty much the same as small lasers of the same type:

IS Small 1.00
IS Medium 1.02
IS Large 2.14

IS SPL 1.46
IS MPL 1.53
IS LPL 2.73

IS ERSL 0.86
IS ERML 0.93
IS ERLL 2.00

C SPL 1.60
C MPL 1.59
C LPL 2.80

C ERSL 0.94
C ERML 1.12
C ERLL 2.16

C HSL 1.19
C HML 1.34
C HLL 2.38

Edited by dr3dnought, 13 October 2017 - 10:45 PM.

#33 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

mmm looks like an increase TTK and a buff to long range engagements and a blanket nerf to medium and close range brawling so dont complain when ever more people decide to play turret behind the rocks across the map.

#34 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Wait, the Spirit Bear is more immobile than the other Kodiaks? So you have to use MASC just to make it even (for short amount of time?)
Hilarious. Took me too long to notice though.

Also: Laser "nerfs" are written by some cat strolling at the keyboard? Don't make any sense no matter what. Time differences between Laser and Impulse/ER lasers on the one hand...poke meta kind of ignoring cooldowns on the other hand...

#35 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostDran Dragore, on 13 October 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

where is the new map?!

November was said...

PS: And no more MG nerfs yet.....

Edited by Thorqemada, 13 October 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#36 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Let's check the patch:

no new content - checked
"Wanna buy a mech pack?™" - checked
absurd balance changes - checked

Yeah, I would say it's a typical PGI patch.

Edited by xe N on, 13 October 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#37 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Seriously, no wonder that Players Quit MW:O in droves seeing this kind of madness, nerfs after nerfs and no new content in sight!

#38 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

View PostArend, on 13 October 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Seriously, no wonder that Players Quit MW:O in droves seeing this kind of madness, nerfs after nerfs and no new content in sight!

"Do you wanna play your 1000th skirmish match in HPG Manifold, or do your 1000th nascar race around the caldera in Caustic Valley, but this time with a new build because we wrecked your old one(s) with the latest balance pass?" It's getting harder and harder to answer "Yes" to that question...

#39 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Changed my Loadout accordingly to the Patch Notes and dont expect any significant loss of combat value yet (it was not that high anyway) but maybe it works even better in combat...aside that it runs to hot as usual...but i cant get myself flushing down Money the Coolant drain...(Heat went from 1.1 to 1.0) maybe more firing discipline will overcome the heat issues...hopefully.

But i need a Joystick i have 4 instead of 3 Weapons Groups now...

PS: I expect this will come out as massive Buff to Long Range combat...

Edited by Thorqemada, 13 October 2017 - 11:11 PM.

#40 FdM

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 13 October 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

To add to this, looking at cycle time (duration + cooldown) ALL medium lasers (except heavies) have LONGER cycle times than large lasers of the same type:
C ERSL 5.35
C ERML 6.25
C ERLL 5.1

I just love the bit where the clan ERLL is now the fastest laser of the Clan ER group Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users