290 replies to this topic

#241 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

What does the ghost heat thing on IS AC5s mean, how many will you be able tto fire without penalty?

#242 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

View Postlive1991, on 17 October 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Wow, that is a first, PGI missing a delivery date for a mech pack.

because people were crying about the way the Nightstar looked. it was fine the way it was but the whiners wanted the gussrifels to be {LT-MOB-25} pit level.

#243 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 October 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

What does the ghost heat thing on IS AC5s mean, how many will you be able tto fire without penalty?

You can use 6 AC/5 or 5 UAC/5 without triggering ghost heat.

#244 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick *** ... and i´m all out of bubblegum. Posted Image

Yesterday i was full of anticipation to go in my first ride with the Nova Cat. When i drove home from work i remembered, the patches always come late in the evening. No big deal, i´ll stay up late and go at least one round, kicking the **** out of freeborns. Posted Image
Started MWO and yep, patch will come at 11pm ... Posted Image
So today i was full of anticipation, cause i could start MWO right when i get home, install the patch and go for the ride of my life. Got home ... started the computer ... started MWO ... no patch ...Posted Image
Patch will come at 11pm.
AND WHY? Because the MWO Mimimi faction started bitchin about the arms of the Nightstar being to low. Posted Image
I mean what the **** is the problem fixing those ****** arms with a ****** small patch ****** 2 days later? Houndreds of people are waitin for their mechs, just because 2 idiots wanted the arms of their Nightstars mounted higher! Posted Image

It´s funny to see how the Mimimi faction is bullying PGI and how PGI lets it happen. No, acutally it´s not funny, it´s a shame. Posted Image

#245 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 18 October 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick *** ... and i´m all out of bubblegum. Posted Image

Yesterday i was full of anticipation to go in my first ride with the Nova Cat. When i drove home from work i remembered, the patches always come late in the evening. No big deal, i´ll stay up late and go at least one round, kicking the **** out of freeborns. Posted Image
Started MWO and yep, patch will come at 11pm ... Posted Image
So today i was full of anticipation, cause i could start MWO right when i get home, install the patch and go for the ride of my life. Got home ... started the computer ... started MWO ... no patch ...Posted Image
Patch will come at 11pm.
AND WHY? Because the MWO Mimimi faction started bitchin about the arms of the Nightstar being to low. Posted Image
I mean what the **** is the problem fixing those ****** arms with a ****** small patch ****** 2 days later? Houndreds of people are waitin for their mechs, just because 2 idiots wanted the arms of their Nightstars mounted higher! Posted Image

It´s funny to see how the Mimimi faction is bullying PGI and how PGI lets it happen. No, acutally it´s not funny, it´s a shame. Posted Image

I think it's not just the arms of the Nightstar. There was also an issue with the walking animation of the Nova Cat and that energy revamp disaster that is to blame for the delay.

So, at least now you still have time to go get some more bubblegum. Posted Image

#246 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostGasoline, on 18 October 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

That makes no sense though, what mech uses more than that?

Anni 2A uses 5 UAC5 or 6 AC5...so this does nothing?

#247 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 October 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

That makes no sense though, what mech uses more than that?

Anni 2A uses 5 UAC5 or 6 AC5...so this does nothing?

Yep... but making sense is not what this patch does.

#248 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostGasoline, on 18 October 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

I think that's a misinterpretation of the patch notes...

It says the minimum heat penalty is 6 and 5 respectively... Which should mean that if you exceed the ghost heat threshold, you'll get a minimum of 5/6 extra heat per salvo, per weapon over the threshold.

Basically, I think they are saying they've increased the heat penalty for using too many ACs, not that they've changed how many ACs trigger heat.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 18 October 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#249 RolandDT

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Ghost Heat will now trigger with 5 UAC5s, or 6 AC5s, which means firing 4 UAC5s is ok, but 5 will trigger ghost heat. Additionally, AC5s and UAC5s are tied together, so that you (likely) cannot fire more than 4 of any combination of the two without triggering Ghost Heat. Beyond that, they are increasing the Heat of both weapons by ~10.5% (1.5 heat to 1.66). These will nerf the 5/6 autocannon Annihilator, but I don't think it will touch any other mechs currently in play.

Regarding the patch delay, I am very thankful PGI added a bonus to all pilots (Premium Time), and those who pre-ordered the Escalation pack(s) (Mech Bay) due to the delay. Delaying the patch by one day, to fix some bugs, reduce the weapon balance changes to a more modest (reasonable) level, and correct the geometry of the Nightstar (aesthetically, slanted is superior in my eyes, but straight is better for gameplay, and visually it is definitely growing on me to the point I won't even notice after launch) is hardly the end of the world. I was super excited to try out my Nightstars last night, but found out before I went home for the day I would have to wait until today. I never expected there to be compensation for a delay, so it was a welcome (and generous) surprise to find out about it today.

Off-topic: As for the recent Event I feel it was a worthwhile event. The rewards were solid, games were (for me, on IS), easy to get into, and despite everything the "Victory" conditions were clearly laid out via the progress bar. No one "lost" anything, because everyone got a substantial reward at the end of the event, along with the rewards throughout. I am an FRR loyalist, so I could not earn the free cosmetics, but I was not bitter about that, either. Basically, I just want to thank PGI for their efforts, and show that not all of us who still play this game hate the game nor the development team, nor are all of us upset over recent events (call them what you will - all the drama). I've been playing since Closed Beta, and back then I saw a game I wanted no part of. Since then, this has become my mainstay game for several years now (over Planetside 2), and looks to continue that for quite some time.

Thank you PGI: for listening to your community, for fixing what you can quickly, and for all the generosity & patience you have shown. Everything isn't sunshine and rainbows, but it's not apocalyptic either. Hope no one takes offense to my comments - they are my views alone, and I respect the feelings of others.

#250 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 18 October 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

because people were crying about the way the Nightstar looked. it was fine the way it was but the whiners wanted the gussrifels to be {LT-MOB-25} pit level.

I did not whine about it, but I am happy that my Nightstars will be much better snipers now.

#251 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 October 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I think that's a misinterpretation of the patch notes...

It says the minimum heat penalty is 6 and 5 respectively... Which should mean that if you exceed the ghost heat threshold, you'll get a minimum of 5/6 extra heat per salvo, per weapon over the threshold.

Basically, I think they are saying they've increased the heat penalty for using too many ACs, not that they've changed how many ACs trigger heat.

Right, my guess is ghost heat will trigger for 5 UAC5 and 6 AC5 then, essentially a targeted nerf against the ANH-2A

Now who has ever said that mech is overpowered? I haven't seen any discussion about it being too strong, it's certainly much weaker than all the MC2s and MAD2Cs.

This patch only gets weirder the more you look at it.

#252 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 October 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I did not whine about it, but I am happy that my Nightstars will be much better snipers now.

Can you quantify "much better" for me? Based on the pictures, I am see a small difference, but nothing that makes a massive difference... though it looks more uptight, kind of like the giant Jesus statue in Brazil now...or maybe an awkward bird trying to make itself appear a lot bigger.

Sure it's an improvement, but "much" more minuscule than "much better".

#253 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 October 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

but I am happy that my Nightstars will be much better snipers now.

Well at least he was honest about why they whined and badgered about the arms.
From the preview the arms straight out look like someone shoved a curtain rod on a mech.
I hope it looks better in match...
(Also the arms were always canted downwards from slight to a lot depending on the artist.)

Here's a bing and google image seach
www.bing.com/images/search?q=BattleTech+Nightstar&FORM=HDRSC2

https://www.google.c...e=lnms&tbm=isch

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightstar

Edited by Max Rickson, 18 October 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#254 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

I don't mind the patch delay, but what time does it hit? The announcement says 4:00pm local time. What time zone is PGI in?
They should announce it as "X time zone" or at least GMT so everyone can figure it out.

#255 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 18 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I don't mind the patch delay, but what time does it hit? The announcement says 4:00pm local time. What time zone is PGI in?
They should announce it as "X time zone" or at least GMT so everyone can figure it out.

The notification in the Game Client (scrolling text, main menu) shows you local time.

PGI's local time is PDT (Pacific).

#256 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostMax Rickson, on 18 October 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Well at least he was honest about why they whined and badgered about the arms.
From the preview the arms straight out look like someone shoved a curtain rod on a mech.
I hope it looks better in match...
(Also the arms were always canted downwards from slight to a lot depending on the artist.)

Here's a bing and google image seach
www.bing.com/images/search?q=BattleTech+Nightstar&FORM=HDRSC2

https://www.google.c...e=lnms&tbm=isch

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nightstar

Does anyone with an appropriate degree have an explanation as to what would realistically be designed? Knowing that it was based off the Marauder, it makes more sense for the arms to have the angle on them, however, if there is a mechanical or design reason as to why straight arms would make sense, I'm more than happy to learn.

#257 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:39 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Right, my guess is ghost heat will trigger for 5 UAC5 and 6 AC5 then, essentially a targeted nerf against the ANH-2A

I'd prefer it if they'd actually clarify their wording so people don't have to guess, but /shrug. One way or another, they chose to word it poorly.

I wonder what time zone it will be 2pm in when they get the servers up. GMT -10?

#258 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostErronius, on 18 October 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'd prefer it if they'd actually clarify their wording so people don't have to guess, but /shrug. One way or another, they chose to word it poorly.

I wonder what time zone it will be 2pm in when they get the servers up. GMT -10?

They're up now :3

#259 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 18 October 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Can you quantify "much better" for me? Based on the pictures, I am see a small difference, but nothing that makes a massive difference... though it looks more uptight, kind of like the giant Jesus statue in Brazil now...or maybe an awkward bird trying to make itself appear a lot bigger.

Sure it's an improvement, but "much" more minuscule than "much better".

Ah, I forget how an...er...exacting people get on this forum, I will rephrase my statement. In my opinion, the cockpit-level arms on the Nightstar will make it a much better sniper, because shots from your arms will be going in the direction you are looking (if you use arm-lock) and not slightly lower.

#260 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 October 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

the cockpit-level arms on the Nightstar will make it a much better sniper, because shots from your arms will be going in the direction you are looking (if using arm-lock) as apposed to sideways or directly up in the air when not arm locked...
But more importantly it will shoot over hills and bumps while showing less mech when playing peek-n-shoot.

corrected that for ya

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users