Patch Notes - 1.4.137 - 18-Oct-2017

290 replies to this topic

#181 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 15 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Public.
Test.
Server.

you got one. why do you implement such a big change into a game without testing it?
"better move carefully, there might be icebergs around..." - "nah, screw that, full speed ahead"

View PostRhialto, on 15 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Yes, WHY?

Simple forum warriors simply refused to. Aside from having to download the entire game again, they saw no reason to grace it.....and this is what we get. They demand rewards for going into the PTS, but other free to play games don't reward their players for hopping onto the PTS. Instead the reward for them is seeing the changes and giving their input. Something this community sore lacks and wailing, gnashing of teeth and feet stomping don't count.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 15 October 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#182 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Public.
Test.
Server.

you got one. why do you implement such a big change into a game without testing it?
"better move carefully, there might be icebergs around..." - "nah, screw that, full speed ahead"

The PTS is their internal test server as well. They don't have it up 24/7 because their internal team would be down a server for playing.

#183 XDevilsChariotX

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

This nerf passing is beyond ridiculous. In my opinion, I thought the game was in a pretty decent state. Always makes me wonder when they say "we", people that don't even play the game?

Anyway, I seen one simple post to Russ's twitter page that has got them to change the Nightstar's arms. Maybe if everyone that is unhappy with these nerf's to the Lasers/Arty and the Annihilator should express their feelings.

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock
https://twitter.com/Chris_C_Lowrey

#184 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Public.
Test.
Server.

That implies that they care about anybody's feedback.

#185 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 October 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Simple forum warriors simply refused to. Aside from having to download the entire game again, they saw no reason to grace it.....and this is what we get. They demand rewards for going into the PTS, but other free to play games don't reward their players for hopping onto the PTS. Infant the reward for them is seeing the changes and giving their imput. Something this community sore lacks and wailing, gnashing of teeth and feet stomping don't count.

No the problem with the PTS is that it is only up during hours when many of us are at work or at school.

#186 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Next patch 1.5: New nerf, and nothing new.

#187 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 October 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Simple forum warriors simply refused to. Aside from having to download the entire game again, they saw no reason to grace it.....and this is what we get. They demand rewards for going into the PTS, but other free to play games don't reward their players for hopping onto the PTS. Infant the reward for them is seeing the changes and giving their imput. Something this community sore lacks and wailing, gnashing of teeth and feet stomping don't count.

PGI test server methodolgy.

1. Set Up test server
2. Throw kitchen sink at test server. Make dozens of changes where it is impossible to determine which ones are beneficial and which aren't.
3. Over reach stated goals.- Usually involves some sort of hidden rebalance or global nerfs.
4. Run PTS in 4v4 mode that doesn't translate to 12v12 mode.
5. Ignore feedback- because PGI Knows Best.

This community is more than willing to help. PGI is unwilling to accept help.

#188 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

On the plus side, most of my mechs will run so cool now that I can switch some heat gen skills to cool down skills.

#189 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 13 October 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Holy Jesus Christ at these insane blanket nerfs. Actually, it's beyond insane. Maybe my English is still weak, but I cannot find word that would properly explain the situation.

Your English is just fine, I believe the word you're looking for Bullsjh*t.

View PostJohn Stryker, on 15 October 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

On the plus side, most of my mechs will run so cool now that I can switch some heat gen skills to cool down skills.

Until PGI nerfs them.

#190 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

I sense a drain on my 2000+ hxp in my future.

#191 Shinskii

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Please don't go through with the laser changes PGI.

#192 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

New mechs aside, I wont even address the specific parts of the next nerf patch.

it's just like someone wants to kill MWO and it will be an inside job.

#193 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

Seriously? An increase in cooldown for ISMLs? Since when were ISMLs of any kind considered OP? 4 second cooldown for a 5 damage weapon? Other weapons with 4 second cooldowns are things like AC20s and SRM6s that pack enough alpha damage to compensate. I'm kinda conflicted. On the one hand, my AC20 mechs that have MLs as secondaries will at least now have their cooldowns sync'd, but all my other mechs that use MLs paired with, say LPLs, are going to suffer a lot.

Further nerfing CERML? What, were they not made useless enough yet for you? The only reason to take a CERML over a CERLL is slots and tonnage. The burn time and cooldown are already identical. Now both Clan and IS medium lasers are going to have worse DPS than their respective large lasers. Are you serious? Are you trying to make the ML useless? Do you not look at your own weapon stats before you start changing values?

I'm not even going to touch small lasers... This has got to be one of the stupidest design decisions in a while. What do you people have against energy weapons being viable? Your first balance pass absolutely screwed up balance between different Clan lasers, and now you're trying to apply the same "logic" to the IS lasers. Please, stop it. Revert this idiocy before it's too late.

Edited by AncientRaig, 15 October 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#194 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostShinskii, on 15 October 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Please don't go through with the laser changes PGI.

Leave the lasers, missile spread and Grasshopper's alone, everything else is good!

#195 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Haha there are usually a good handful of white knights that defend PGI's decisions to the death. I literally see none of that xD! NOBODY wants this! I suggest people refuse to buy MW5 when it's released. I won't be. Let PGI know that their development of the game is pointless at this...point.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 15 October 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#196 dr watson

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIn orbit

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

PGI you have hurt your community once again. Instead of building a game with players in mind and for true entertainment purposes. your pulling a DOTA never done ******* with **** and when you do, its the community that hurts. when you first made MWO it was beautiful and fun. but over these years its like watching a snowman melt something simple and well structured. to dirty water with coal and a carrot on top.

Im glad i enjoyed closed beta days so much ill never forget them.

#197 DontStandBehindMe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Why is the Assassin NOT on the nerf list...at the very least this event demonstrates just how broken the assassin 21 is...if the stormcrow is "too much" for scouting shouldn't the assassin 21 be too?

And then there are the laser "adjustments"...making the LPL cooldown short than the MPL and the delay of the HML the same as the HLL? Just throwing darts at a board to see what to nerf and by how much PGI? I feel sorry for the folks ho have put tons of money into this game in support of MWO only to get this kind of treatment. I was seriously considering putting some of my own money into the game for the loyalty rewards...but not after this joke of a "balance pass"

#198 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 15 October 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Haha there are usually a good handful of white knights that defend PGI's decisions to the death. I literally see none of that xD! NOBODY wants this! I suggest people refuse to buy MW5 when it's released. I won't be. Let PGI know that their development of the game is pointless at this...point.

I will buy MW5 because it will be single-player and knee-jerk buffs and nerfs based on someone's "feelings" will not be necessary. MW5 is the game that PGI always wanted to make, it is the game that they had passion for. MWO, while entertaining (most of the time) for what it is, is nothing but a placeholder and a vehicle to fund the development of MW5. I do agree though, that PGI has finally gotten the community to mostly agree and that is to agree that most of these balance changes are not necessary.

View PostDontStandBehindMe, on 15 October 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Why is the Assassin NOT on the nerf list...at the very least this event demonstrates just how broken the assassin 21 is...if the stormcrow is "too much" for scouting shouldn't the assassin 21 be too?

And then there are the laser "adjustments"...making the LPL cooldown short than the MPL and the delay of the HML the same as the HLL? Just throwing darts at a board to see what to nerf and by how much PGI? I feel sorry for the folks ho have put tons of money into this game in support of MWO only to get this kind of treatment. I was seriously considering putting some of my own money into the game for the loyalty rewards...but not after this joke of a "balance pass"

The assassin is just tough, because it has the broken hit boxes / hit detection of a light mech, but it also has the firepower of a medium mech, so essentially it is the ultimate Mech in MWO.

#199 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

After the laser nerfs have been widely discussed and why they hit backup lasers instead of laser boats, I have some consideration about the ballistic changes.

The velocity increase make them more easy to hit and the smaller LBX actually did need some kind of buff.
But the heat incease makes them less likely to be combined with energy as the weight-inefficient but cooler backup weapon when the Mech runs hot, instead making them a weapon you have to boat and to cool for itself.
Wasn't there another way to nerf them if in had to be?
Reduce their DPM, maybe?

#200 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostXDevilsChariotX, on 15 October 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

This nerf passing is beyond ridiculous. In my opinion, I thought the game was in a pretty decent state. Always makes me wonder when they say "we", people that don't even play the game?

Anyway, I seen one simple post to Russ's twitter page that has got them to change the Nightstar's arms. Maybe if everyone that is unhappy with these nerf's to the Lasers/Arty and the Annihilator should express their feelings.

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock
https://twitter.com/Chris_C_Lowrey

Because they should be reading their forums we shouldn't have to go read their twitters that they use for other things besides mwo

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users