Stealth Armor Upgrade : Huge Mistake, Instant Incursion Mode Wins ?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

I understand that Turrets will no longer be able to shoot mechs with Stealth Armor ?

I hope I read that wrong, but if that's the case, then Faction Play units will definitely abuse it to the bone by bringing a dozen Stealth mechs on their first wave in any Incursion game, and if the Incursion base turrets can't shoot back at them there will be ~zero defense against doing that : Instant win every single time, even if they don't manage (or simply don't want) to destroy the full enemy Incursion Base on their first wave. Guaranteed !

Again I hope I completely misread that Stealth Armor patch, but if I didn't prepare to live some of the most frustrating and shortest Faction Play matches ever (and some YouTube videos boasting about it).

Feel free to correct me on my lecture of that October 2017 patch.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

It's about time the inner sphere won at something.Posted Image

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 17 October 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's about time the inner sphere won at something.Posted Image

Try it on your first wave in Incursion HPG Manifold and stream it : World Record Faction Play win in sight :)

But again, I'd rather think I read it wrong considering how blatantly obvious that exploit would be (emergency patch in sight if ever it does work).

#4 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

I didnt notice that part, but if its true, I dont think its that much of a problem. First I havent seen anyone doing that so far and its been a while since it has been implemented and second: you constantly generate heat when in stealth mode, so you cant shoot as long as you want, it wont be enough to shoot down the entire base, even with 12 people

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

GL taking down a base with machine guns.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users