Battle Of Luthien Statistics

98 replies to this topic

#61 KlLLJOY

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Mn

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

Nice, PGI doctors up the stats to support their narrative.

Thanks to the poster who showed us the real stats and that the clanners won the event.

PGI, you made no mention of a tie result in your event rules, you need to make things right and give both sides their mechs.

The clans for dominating the event for 3 days, and the IS for pulling it back in the last 2 hours.

It will cost you nothing to do it, and a plenty of player goodwill if you do not.

#62 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostHobbles v, on 20 October 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

stats echo what the community has been trying to hammer home to PGI. Clan vs IS balance since skill tree has been steadily declining every patch.

In 12 v 12 IS has a 39% win rate 7% ish worse than Tukayid. This stat matters far more than the scouting win rates.

NO NO NO, that's not how PGI sees things.

P.G.I narrative

It is a tie, therefore balance is good
I.S. overall won more matches, therefore balance is good.
Clans ended at +77 therefor balance is not that bad.

Player narrative

I.S. retained Luthien, therefor I.S. won. Give I.S. Mauler(dammit)
Hey look, the most balanced thing we have is scouting
Clans won by +530, balance is bad and the tug-o-war is broken.

Kurita stats:
Total Players participated in at least 1 match: 999
Smoke Jaguar stats:
Total Players participated in at least 1 match: 916

1 match seems like an awful low bar.
How many of these were loyalist before the event was announced?
How many would have qualified for the mech (12 matches @150 match score) if PGI wasn't such cheapskates?

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Never realized scouting is so popular over invasion. I only did about 4 of them.

Zero incentive to do invasion.
Especially for I.S. where scouting is more "balanced"
I.S. insta-drops meant you could get 4 scouting matches in the time it took to do 1 invasion match.
Why waste time in invasion when the I.S. was never going to "win"?
I prefer to get my stuff rewards and get out.

#63 RottenFoot

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

What Im reading is "only +- 2k players took part..what a shame

#64 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostRottenFoot, on 23 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

Those were only the Kurita and Smoke Jag pilots.
That's why we can't have loyalist only events, there just aren't enough loyalist left.

#65 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 October 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Have you played recently? You don't play seige nearly as much as you used (or some of us would like)... you typically have a pretty good chance of getting a modified QP mode where it goes 25min and you get your 4 mech drop deck...

Yeah. The problem was that IS was in siege mode most of the time, now that you mention it. Guess theres not a lot to do about that.

#66 FullAlchemy

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Okay just let everyone who played get their mech. This is silly. It's just code, and no one is going to spend MC on these mechs anyways.

#67 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

I have seen plenty of freelancers in matches. They don't count to the IS/Clan statistics, so stop clinging to the numbers.

#68 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostRottenFoot, on 23 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

1800 Kurita and Jaguar....
++the rest of the players population (around 5000+).
What is wrong with your people?

Yes due to the bigger choice of IS mechs, IS has less real "winners" in mech statistics.

Yes freelancers did often both sides anyway. If to assume grinding than there should be more freelancers fights in scouting for Clan, and more freelancers invasion fights in IS.
At the first look heavy lasers have bigger impact than IS UAC2+UAC20. But is it so?

From mine personal experience (I pugged for both sides), while Clan got a new wave of clueless lurmers, IS side had still significantly more horrible players. Half of my matches for IS I was making max damage in the team (either scouting or invasion), and I am weaker than typical FW player.
What this statistics is missing is the percentage of matches in invasion achieving 150 match points.

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

mech usage lists would be a lot more interesting if seperated int Scouting and Invasion. all we see are 2 lists dominated by the scouting chassis.

#70 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

View PostIts my first day, on 23 October 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

siege mode

Hate to say it but I think Clans "won" because IS was more often attacking and Clan defending. I played two or so attack matches during the event. Unless very well coordinated, the attacker is most likely to fail because of the map design.

#71 Simulacrum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

I dont think Scouting is so well balanced.
I played (solo) three Invasion matches until I was fed up of communicative unwilling "team" members who told me Clan will win as "we only need to use common sense". I got that answer two times, the third attempt no one (else) talked the whole match.

So I switched to Scouting because with Scouting I could rush through the event with 15 matches. My experience:
I dropped nearly every game with random ppl against premades. I lost 10 or 11 matches but that was no miracle.

If you set up random vs. random I bet the Clans could (/would) show their advantage. There is no doubt, the new tech is nice and it was necessary but Clan tech is still far better.

I would prefere a salvage system where you can get tech or 'Mechs from your opponent and use it by yourself. If you got the pretty small chance to salvage a whole 'Mech you could use it in FP and if you use other tech you need to repair it or replace it if destroyed. In BETA they had repair costs so PGI could use that as a base.

(pls excuse my bad english, I've a cold and this is not my native language)

#72 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:51 AM

I played clan for the event... Give the IS their mauler... they earned it.

#73 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

I refuse to believe there are 1000 active Smoke Jaguars, no way no how.

This has to be entire Clan vs IS numbers.

PGI, please clarify numbers based on all individual Clans, both loyalists and Mercs.

#74 Vysir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 24 October 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

I refuse to believe there are 1000 active Smoke Jaguars, no way no how.

This has to be entire Clan vs IS numbers.

PGI, please clarify numbers based on all individual Clans, both loyalists and Mercs.

I, for the first time since FW launched, went clan loyalist, I'm willing to bet that a number of others did as well. Usually I'm a Marik merc but wanted that light mech potential reward, over a Mauler I already own and never play. Until I read the event rules, I thought the win for the 150 match score part, meant that I had to have a majority of wins over losses, which I had somehow managed to do (in scouting missions nonetheless). I know my rl son and friend who play, would have liked the Mauler. This event 'tie' seems to me, to have cheated everyone of their hard work.

#75 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Clicked through leaderboard. Current season: 1500 marks on SJ loyalist list, many of those did not participate event.
Oddly, placement needs 10 games, but many with well below 10..

#76 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostFallingAce, on 23 October 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Those were only the Kurita and Smoke Jag pilots.
That's why we can't have loyalist only events, there just aren't enough loyalist left.

Give us a balanced game with, better System to keep Mercs from stacking, a 2nd Bucket to run events in and we might get people back that have left the game.

Get out of damage control PGI and your game will grow instead of continuing to contract and IMPLODE!

Edited by Terrorsdawn, 24 October 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#77 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Just one observation, even though they did not expressly state that a draw is possible, it is clearly possible if you look at the invasion bar in FW. It Clearly states, on each end, that that faction wins if the bar is in that area (above 95%) at the end of the attack cycle. So if there is only 10% of the bar where victory is possible, then clearly the rest is a draw.

What I am not crazy about is the fact that a late push lead to a draw when the Clams won over 600 more games in Invasion. The scoring on this event type seems a bit off to me.

#78 Jetwash

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:42 AM

#79 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

View Postsub2000, on 24 October 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

++the rest of the players population (around 5000+).

Is that a real number? ´cause I feel mwo is dying slowly.
Everyday is slightly hard finding a match.

#80 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Considering alot of big merc units joined clan as usual to get the rewards, this is actually a pretty balanced statistic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users