• The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:57 AM

View PostYUyahoo, on 23 October 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Hi Matt,
thanks for the response. Just so you know after I completed the first objective (which was the win for 3 days premium time) I did receive an injection notice about getting 500000 Cbills but I have gotten any for any of the other challenges I completed and I completed all but the 15 kills part because, as many people have pointed out, the event wasn't properly tracking kills (before a match where I got 5 kills the event tracker said I have 5/15 kills and after that game it still said I only had 5/15...I scored well over 20 kills this weekend as per the stats in my profile on MWO Mercs but according to the event I only completed 8/15 kills). I did open a ticket for this when I noticed it happening but earlier today Bobby indicated that PGI would be resounding here.

Is there a way to see if the 500k/challenge was added to our accounts? I don't remember seeing a single notification of C-Bill injection, but I could just be forgetful and/or have not noticed that it popped up on the same screen as the other prize when redeemed.

#122 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

As for the ideas for the next loot bags, what I liked about the last loot bag event was the selectable rewards, got me some nice colours and a camo pattern for my 3 catapults. Something like that again would be nice. Sure, I'd have to chose one of my other mechs, of which I only have one, to receive a pattern, but it would be nicer than the default one.

Mech bays or - for as long as the current supply cache system is there - supply cache keys would also be welcome.

#123 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:20 AM

View Postblackcatf, on 24 October 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Is there a way to see if the 500k/challenge was added to our accounts? I don't remember seeing a single notification of C-Bill injection, but I could just be forgetful and/or have not noticed that it popped up on the same screen as the other prize when redeemed.

TSP injections happen after the event ends, usually, so since the event was extended to 25th Oct, you'll have to wait abit longer to see your injections. Also if all goes to plan (for me anyway), it's an extra 3m cbills from all 6 challenges.

Thanks Matt and Bobby for all the hard work!

#124 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Still, there aren't any popups with 'account injection: blah blah' anymore...for neither regular event rewards nor TSP bonus rewards. I think that's what blackcatf is getting at. I've had to pre-count an item before redeeming it then count again after redeeming to make sure I was getting my rewards. It was nice to be advised of account injections, because you had instant confirmation that nothing went wrong. (Or instant conformation that something DID go wrong, too.)

#125 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

View Postarcana75, on 24 October 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

TSP injections happen after the event ends, usually, so since the event was extended to 25th Oct, you'll have to wait abit longer to see your injections. Also if all goes to plan (for me anyway), it's an extra 3m cbills from all 6 challenges.

Thanks Matt and Bobby for all the hard work!

View PostJames Argent, on 24 October 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Still, there aren't any popups with 'account injection: blah blah' anymore...for neither regular event rewards nor TSP bonus rewards. I think that's what blackcatf is getting at. I've had to pre-count an item before redeeming it then count again after redeeming to make sure I was getting my rewards. It was nice to be advised of account injections, because you had instant confirmation that nothing went wrong. (Or instant conformation that something DID go wrong, too.)

Kind of both of these...mainly I just wasn't sure if the 3 mil had slipped into my coffers over the weekend and I spent it already, it was going to show up later, or there was another glitch (if it was a glitch, I didn't want it to get overlooked ;) ). When I looked back at the event page, I didn't see anything about when the 500k/challenge would be added, so I decided to ask the hive mind.

#126 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:29 AM

View Postarcana75, on 24 October 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

TSP injections happen after the event ends, usually, so since the event was extended to 25th Oct, you'll have to wait abit longer to see your injections. Also if all goes to plan (for me anyway), it's an extra 3m cbills from all 6 challenges. Thanks Matt and Bobby for all the hard work!

View PostJames Argent, on 24 October 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

View Postblackcatf, on 24 October 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Kind of both of these...mainly I just wasn't sure if the 3 mil had slipped into my coffers over the weekend and I spent it already, it was going to show up later, or there was another glitch (if it was a glitch, I didn't want it to get overlooked ;) ). When I looked back at the event page, I didn't see anything about when the 500k/challenge would be added, so I decided to ask the hive mind.

Yep, these are issues. TSP currently is a manual thing and I really wish it wasn't.
Most likely you got those C-bills for the Clan heroes II Challenges from a while back.
I added TSP bonus' to the recent Escalation Mech Challenges and I had to retrospectively add them to the Clan Hero II Challenges to be fair.
I don't have a way to attach a message to in-game redeems to provide an explanation.
But if you search mine or Bobby's posts on the forums you will probably find an explanation.

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 October 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Thank you (and Matt as well) for adding time like I suggested might help in the case of those people who are still fighting to finish. ^_^ Interestingly, this wrecks my previous Event Review Rating of only a mere "8.6/10". Adding that little extra ounce of time is worth a heck of a lot. Well, I think I've got to give a more apt number to reflect this. How about a... 9.6/10 ...given the quick response and re-provisioning. Yeah, I think that's a heck of a lot better! :D Now, the following is just my opinion, looking at the Event in retrospect, but just to provide feedback on how it could have been better... If this bug preventing recognition of both Kills and KMDD had not happened, but the extra day had been provided, this Event would have been a perfect "10/10" Rating. Reasons? Perfect Time, well-designed Challenges, and the recognition of an evolution in the New Event System. I look forward to seeing improvements being released, and the New Event System only getting better and better. B) Next thought, and a different subject... I'll be looking forward to the Halloween Event Loot Bags, Bobby and Matt. I hope you'll be running this one for quite a while, with tons of things to draw from the bags. Please try to aim more toward 'War Horn', 'Hanging Cockpit Item', and (MC) loots? I really appreciate those a lot! Also, please make sure ALL Game Modes count, and that there is no limits during the Event's Time Span on when any Loot Bags are available? Heck, I know somebody's going to ask, so please don't forget some spooky Decals, but also please make sure it doesn't try to award a single given Decal twice during the Event, because that would effectively be an Empty Loot Bag... I remember the salt from the last time that happened. :o And then there was this guy... Uhm... Maybe PGI wants you to "Rock On"? Or perhaps they want you to be "Solid As A Rock"? Heck, maybe they're telling you to be "Rock Steady"? Oh, the puns! We'll just have to look forward to the Next Halloween Loot Bag Event! :P ~Mr. D. V. "I think I'll head for the battlefields now... before I give myself or someone else 'appundicitis' here..." Devnull

Here's hoping Trick or Treat 3 will be a 10 / 10 event!

#127 GalahadVGL13

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Matt-sama!

I applaud your interactions!

Been around a few years, and I've seen some eye-poppingly tone deaf/cringey/defensive posts from PGI.

In several threads I have seen you answer with candor, admit to posting while frustrated, and generally act as a stand up guy.

I've noted this in at least one other thread, and it's off topic, but PGI needs to keep you around and happy.

And community, this ain't brown nosing, it's positive reinforcement.
This level and quality of interaction is, to my mind, the biggest indicator that PGI is trying to improve and I want this trend to continue.

#128 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

All I can say is Matt, you sir, are a good man. :)

o7

#129 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostGalahadVGL13, on 24 October 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Matt-sama!

I applaud your interactions!

Been around a few years, and I've seen some eye-poppingly tone deaf/cringey/defensive posts from PGI.

In several threads I have seen you answer with candor, admit to posting while frustrated, and generally act as a stand up guy.

I've noted this in at least one other thread, and it's off topic, but PGI needs to keep you around and happy.

And community, this ain't brown nosing, it's positive reinforcement.
This level and quality of interaction is, to my mind, the biggest indicator that PGI is trying to improve and I want this trend to continue.

I agree. This type of interaction and communication needs to be encouraged and sustained. Anyone who works in software development knows how many variable and things people need to juggle and take into consideration that mistakes are bound to happen. Being asinine about it is pointless, let the people know about them and let people rectify those mistake without any fuss.

#130 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Did anyone get 3,000,000 C-bills from TSP?
Or did we get already 500,000 after completing each challenge?! I don't remember any of it or maybe didn't pay attention!?Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 25 October 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#131 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

Largely impossible to tell without injection popups.

#132 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

I can say for sure, I got nothing extra so far.

#133 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

my initial thinking after getting multiple kills/kmdds and seeing my score go up by one or two was that when it said 15 kills or kmdds, it meant 15 of either so it was only updating whichever one you had the most of. wasn't til I almost finished that I figured out it was just kmdds.

#134 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 25 October 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Largely impossible to tell without injection popups.

View Postsuffocater, on 25 October 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

I can say for sure, I got nothing extra so far.

So, we didn't get any TSP rewards from this event yet!

#135 HerDinky

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

I got a notification of an injection of 1,000,000 CBills and I have no idea why. I completed 4 of the weekend warrior challenges.

#136 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Update from my last login right now: I got the 3M CB TSB for the event.

#137 RolandDT

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Oddly, after completing 6/6 objectives I received only 2.5 / 3 million c-bills. Honestly though, I don't even care. It's icing on the cake, and I'm plenty happy with what I got. I enjoyed the event and the varied rewards, and look forward to all the future events. Sorry everything is so cumbersome Matt, but you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

#138 Berean03

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Heh, I was about to ask why I got 2.5 mill C-bills when I logged in today. As an aside I managed to complete 5/6 challenges. (Mostly due to using a Orion IIC-C and the Marauder IIC-D. I love those mechsPosted Image ).

#139 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Yes, injection notifications are back! Thanks for addressing this problem.

Edit: Although while you're tinkering, I'd love for the notification to tell us what specifically the injection is for.

Edited by James Argent, 25 October 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#140 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Just logged on, got my 3m cbills injection popup for 6/6 challenges done, thanks Matt/Bobby/PGI!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users