• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

This is what I'm looking to run.

Blight

It's a little light on Engine size, but I feel comfortable with the Cougar's playstyle so this should work just fine, and the RA isn't as inflated because I used two launchers instead of one.

Edited by Requiemking, 05 January 2018 - 10:40 PM.

#22 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:31 AM

I personally went with this... http://mwo.smurfy-ne...61e03ef21c04ee3

Please bear in mind, I'm used to running hot, and I've not actually played this particular mech. lol

#23 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

I'm currently running 2x RL20, SnubPPC, 2x ER ML with a 170 LFE.

Has a nice punch and after than the arm is shielding.

#24 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

Settled on an mrm30 with some er smalls that's fun when rolling with the assaults. An mrm40 fits but alas with only two tons ammo..

#25 WeskerWild

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

A slight rise from the grave on this thread.

But just wondering what skills do people go for, cant decide on boosting speed for def or the armour tree, Urbie is a light mech so would go for speed normaly but to me she can pack a better punch then a light so should it be armour!!!

So confused on what way to go.

#26 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostWeskerWild, on 27 November 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

A slight rise from the grave on this thread.

But just wondering what skills do people go for, cant decide on boosting speed for def or the armour tree, Urbie is a light mech so would go for speed normaly but to me she can pack a better punch then a light so should it be armour!!!

So confused on what way to go.

Sounds a bit like a personal preference thing, though standard issue for me is to pick up all the crit reduction options in defense tree no matter the build.

#27 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

For urbies, without a doubt for extra armor to enhance the quirks. An urbie is fast enough, and some mobility nodes are useless too. This one I keep at 200-350m, though occassionally also in the tip of the spear.

#28 wrestlerjrh

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:16 AM

Has anyone tried running steaks and small pulses and using it to keep enemy lights off your team?

#29 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

View Postwrestlerjrh, on 05 March 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Has anyone tried running steaks and small pulses and using it to keep enemy lights off your team?

Yes and, basically the problem it has is that right arm no matter how small the missile rack put into it is MASSIVE making it a easy target. Any light worth his salt will take that thing out as soon as possible

#30 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

The problem with streaks is that unless you've got three or more launchers they just aren't all that scary. For the same tonnage as 2xSSRM6+3xSPL, you can have a pair of SRM6 with Artemis, plus something else, dealing more and better focused damage. Or 2xSRM4+3xMPL. Either option gives you the advantage of taking snap-shots, whereas streaks won't fire at all until you have a hard lock on the target. So, the SRM and MRM-based UM-R68s can poptart and micro-brawl effectively, whereas with streaks they're just underwhelming.

For a good streak light, you need Clan streaks. Launcher weight matters when you're this small; a KFX, ADR, or JR7-IIC can lug around a high enough tube count plus enough ammo to actually be a threat, but IS lights just can't do that with 4.5t SSRM6.

#31 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

Got bored with the mrm fits due to having to expose too much and went with a single heavy ppc in the torso and a large laser in the arm. This is actually working far better than I thought and is quite the little ankle biter when you stick with the assaults and pop arms and legs. Completely useless vs other lights but that's why you stay with the big bros.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users