#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Side note:

Adders can hold their own in a hefty fight, but have many vulnerabilities. Here's an adder with no quirks (well before they got any quirks) going toe to toe with an Atlas.

About 6 minutes in, gets real intense soon after. Concludes in a long one versus one fight.

#22 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

XL Atlas... in that era? Before kills were color-coded? Wow.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostTim East, on 26 October 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

XL Atlas... in that era? Before kills were color-coded? Wow.

They existed.
They even existed before then.
Gotta remember, they only had a cap of 612 armor, unlike the nearly 800 you could get now. So "Fast Atlas" was a thing. Also, a big XL engine meant really fast torso twisting.

This guy didn't seem to get the memo though, as he must've had more ammo than speed. The weapons are pretty weighty. And I don't think he overheated even once. I'm sure you notice I'm riding on full heat almost constantly, yet heat doesn't seem to affect him at all.

He may have been a single heatsink Atlas. It was a common trend to pull off impossible high heat builds in ice cold conditions, such as this Atlas of mine. Notice the fully functional heatsink display in the upper right? Count them...

The text rant at the end is basically complaints about heat not mattering due to absolutely insane heat thresholds allowing us to do laser vomit to insane degrees, several years before laser vomit became meta. Don't pay it any mind.

Edited by Koniving, 27 October 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#24 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Well, I did get the adder b with d arm. Put 5 cmedpulse on it. It's doing okay for skirmishes. I get about 300-400 damage with it. Which is not near the 800-900 I get with my snv-1 if I don't get ambushed, but it's better at taking out other lights and getting around. Maybe once I get an XL engine on my snv so I can go 60kph+ vs the 48kph things will be better. Though it's a different playstyle I guess and people can't get mad at me for hanging back in an assault mech if I'm playing a light mech skirmisher (not that anyone has said anything so far, and if they haven't said anything there's clearly no problem).

#25 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 October 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

They existed.
They even existed before then.
Gotta remember, they only had a cap of 612 armor, unlike the nearly 800 you could get now. So "Fast Atlas" was a thing. Also, a big XL engine meant really fast torso twisting.

This guy didn't seem to get the memo though, as he must've had more ammo than speed. The weapons are pretty weighty. And I don't think he overheated even once. I'm sure you notice I'm riding on full heat almost constantly, yet heat doesn't seem to affect him at all.

He may have been a single heatsink Atlas. It was a common trend to pull off impossible high heat builds in ice cold conditions, such as this Atlas of mine. Notice the fully functional heatsink display in the upper right? Count them...

Yeah, if you think that abuse of the heat threshold is dumb, I made a SHS Kodiak joke build.

#26 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

I've also tried SHS Kodiak with 4 ERL and really huge amount of SHS. That was before the skill tree gives full bonus to heat capacity.

Might try it againt with Supernova and it's better hardpoints, as the Kodiak 3 had those ERL in arms, but it was my best platform to try it at that time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users