Masc Is Fun But Rare In This Game And Could Be Funner

113 replies to this topic

#101 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

I always wanted something like this.

I am would be totally be on board with a TBR with MASC:

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 08 June 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 October 2017 - 03:08 AM.

#102 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

The problem with the MASC on the Shadowcat is that it is not providing the boost it should be. In the table top listed speed of shadow cat with MASC is 130 kph. To het that in MWO with the MASC you need the full speed tweak. With speed tweak the Shadow cat's MASC should be taking it closer to 140KPH. That makes the MASC a drawback for the shadowcat. Worst of all with the release of the Arctic Wolf we can see what can be done without the hindrance of a MASC. The battle mech version can easily push their base speed to 130kph while retaining as much or even more fire power than a Shadowcat, and the Omni mech versions just carry more fire power. Don't get me wrong, I love my Shadowcats, but not because they are good mechs, but because they are mechs that force you to be good or die.

#103 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostRusharn, on 27 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

The problem with the MASC on the Shadowcat is that it is not providing the boost it should be. In the table top listed speed of shadow cat with MASC is 130 kph. To het that in MWO with the MASC you need the full speed tweak. With speed tweak the Shadow cat's MASC should be taking it closer to 140KPH. That makes the MASC a drawback for the shadowcat. Worst of all with the release of the Arctic Wolf we can see what can be done without the hindrance of a MASC. The battle mech version can easily push their base speed to 130kph while retaining as much or even more fire power than a Shadowcat, and the Omni mech versions just carry more fire power. Don't get me wrong, I love my Shadowcats, but not because they are good mechs, but because they are mechs that force you to be good or die.

To me the MASC is 10% about the speed and 90% about the juke. I also use it to avoid slowdowns during landings and for running jumps. If you are running side to side with a mech of the same speed, after a full MASC burn you will only gain a few meters on them anyways. I think maybe MASC could use a 10-20% time boost but the speed is fine.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 27 October 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#104 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

I'd like MASC to work longer than it does

20 seconds, for example. 7.5 seconds is just...mediocre.
I use it because it's hardwired, not because I want to.
-<Module faction="Clan" CType="CMASCStats" name="ClanMASCMkII" id="1606">
<Loc iconTag="StoreIcons\MASC.png" descTag="@ClanMASCMkII_desc" shortNameTag="@ui_ClanMASCMkII" nameTag="@ClanMASCMkII"/>
<ModuleStats TonsMax="60" TonsMin="40" amountAllowed="1" health="7.5" tons="2.0" slots="2"/>
<MASCStats WeaponSpread="2.5" WeaponShake="0.25" DamageMax="1.54" DamageMin="1.26" DamageRate="0.5" GaugeDamagePoint="0.75" GaugeDrain="0.04" GaugeFill="0.1" BoostTurn="0.35" BoostDecel="1.8" BoostAccel="1.9" BoostSpeed="0.23"/>

...i don't see where you got 7.5s from. That only says health.

#105 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

IS should have unlocked MASC. Being forced to take mask II or MASC IV is counter to what IS gear/improvement customisation is supposed to be. If it was unlocked, we could try different things and maximise it for **** and giggles. It would still probably sucks but at least we could have fun with in in QP.

#106 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 27 October 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

IS should have unlocked MASC. Being forced to take mask II or MASC IV is counter to what IS gear/improvement customisation is supposed to be. If it was unlocked, we could try different things and maximise it for **** and giggles. It would still probably sucks but at least we could have fun with in in QP.

There are no IS omni-mechs with MASC.. so IS does have unlocked MASC.

Of course, if we get an IS omni with MASC like the Men-Shen I'm afraid it will have to be locked in order to be consistent.

#107 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 27 October 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

...i don't see where you got 7.5s from. That only says health.

GaugeDamagePoint="0.75" GaugeDrain="0.04" GaugeFill="0.1"

Fils 0.1 every second, has 0.75 capacity

Can fill for 7.5 seconds before pain occurs

#108 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 October 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

There are no IS omni-mechs with MASC.. so IS does have unlocked MASC.

Of course, if we get an IS omni with MASC like the Men-Shen I'm afraid it will have to be locked in order to be consistent.

What are you saying? That removing a MASC from a mech is "unlocked" enough for you or that the IS mech we have with MASC right now arent supposed to have MASC at all?

#109 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

I wonder whose opinion is more validated...
http://leaderboard.i...D%0AGas+Guzzler

I find too much faulty balance logic comes from people that don't even have an even W-L ratio, let alone an even K-D ratio.

Success in the brown sea/potato fields is Lostech.

#110 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 27 October 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

What are you saying? That removing a MASC from a mech is "unlocked" enough for you or that the IS mech we have with MASC right now arent supposed to have MASC at all?

The IS mechs that can currently use MASC are Battlemechs. Battlemechs do not have any hardlocked equipment ever, and as such they can remove anything (including MASC). Yes, they are 'supposed' to have MASC capability based on their stock loadouts, although like ECM and such they can choose not to use it if they don't want.

For Omnimechs, they don't get to choose whether or not to use MASC like that. They either have it hardwired into the base chassis, or they can't ever use it period.

#111 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 October 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

The IS mechs that can currently use MASC are Battlemechs. Battlemechs do not have any hardlocked equipment ever, and as such they can remove anything (including MASC). Yes, they are 'supposed' to have MASC capability based on their stock loadouts, although like ECM and such they can choose not to use it if they don't want.

For Omnimechs, they don't get to choose whether or not to use MASC like that. They either have it hardwired into the base chassis, or they can't ever use it period.

What i want is to be able to use which ever level of MASC i want on IS mech. I dont know the range but if its wired to accept MASC then i want to be able to put a VII on a PHX if i so chose.

#112 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 27 October 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

What i want is to be able to use which ever level of MASC i want on IS mech. I dont know the range but if its wired to accept MASC then i want to be able to put a VII on a PHX if i so chose.

The class of MASC your mech can use is based on your weight, similar to JJs. It's not like a Targeting Computer where you can freely go up or down in size.

Edited by FupDup, 27 October 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#113 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

The class of MASC your mech can use is based on your weight, similar to JJs. It's not like a Targeting Computer where you can freely go up or down in size.

Im just thinking they can bestow a MASC option on some mechs sort of like they did ECM on the COM-2D or ATLAS-DDC.

However, I don't expect I will see it on a light 'Mech because of some kind of hard limit they got in Cry Engine. I don't know if they have even done any work on that score.

Hopefully they have a Unreal Engine MWO prototype going because it be nice to go faster than 171 or whatever the limit is.

#114 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 27 October 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Im just thinking they can bestow a MASC option on some mechs sort of like they did ECM on the COM-2D or ATLAS-DDC.

However, I don't expect I will see it on a light 'Mech because of some kind of hard limit they got in Cry Engine. I don't know if they have even done any work on that score.

Hopefully they have a Unreal Engine MWO prototype going because it be nice to go faster than 171 or whatever the limit is.

Well, some lights like the Hellion (Clan Omnimech) stay below the speed cap even with MASC.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users