311 replies to this topic

#221 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 October 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

why does the SCR come with a bonus AND camo, and the NVA just, well as regular mech?

same of course for the hunchbakc vs griffin. (but here the non bonus mech is at least the 5t heavier one)

Because you can sell the Nova and Griffin for C-Bills and you cannot sell the Stormcrow or Hunchback. That was a request from some members of the community who already had the mechs but still wanted some sort of reward.

Has anyone else noticed that the Skull 2017 standing items does not seem to be one of the loot bag rewards even though it is listed as one? I have reviewed several hundred loot bag rewards and have yet to see anyone get one of those. Anyone here get one?

#222 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:35 AM

if i sell the standard mech from grand prize will i keep the mech bay?

#223 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 27 October 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

personally, I blame Clan Wolf (as is tradition) Posted Image
-fewer buckets in fw
-options do do more qp/fw (still cap at 150 together), so ppl are free to play what they feel like.

They should never have done a split bukkit FP simultaneously with a QP event.

View PostUnit 86, on 27 October 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

The standard one, yes you get to keep the mech bay, the S one is tied to its bay.

#224 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:40 AM

I don't play actively much anymore, I just lurk and come back for events that strike my interest and while this is one, I do have to point out one major negative.

FP is cancer for many of us, always has been, always will be with this dev team and the way they've been trying to shoehorn it into the game. Locking what used to be an attainable prize- the grand prize, behind FP is a pretty awful idea. Most grab bag prizes will always be crap, as it's just RNG, so the main thing people like me would play for would be the grand prize. However, having to play 50+ matches of FP in a 10 day event, on top of the 100 QP matches? That's a massive time sink spent playing a mode that many of us hate with the passion of a thousand suns.

How can PGI be so poor at designing events at this late juncture? The same complaints come up for years, yet they keep doing the same old thing, over and over, like they're trying to force players to enjoy something they never will. Do what you will with your other events, I've noticed they've been mostly FP lately, and it's kept me from wanting to bother playing or spend money pretty consistently, so congrats there, but leave the holiday events as they used to be- a fun excuse to get on MWO and earn free stuff based on performance.

Points for trying, I guess? Maybe someday someone at PGI will get something totally right, and my mind will simply explode.

#225 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:40 AM

You cannot sell the Stormcrow or Hunchback. If you chose the Nova or the Griffin instead then you can sell them for C-Bills and you will keep the Mech Bay. So, yes.

Edited by Rampage, 27 October 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#226 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

only with pgi !!!!! updates that gives you less and events that blocking you from playing the game!!!

gj pgi (go home)

#227 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

View PostRampage, on 27 October 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Because you can sell the Nova and Griffin for C-Bills and you cannot sell the Stormcrow or Hunchback. That was a request from some members of the community who already had the mechs but still wanted some sort of reward.

Has anyone else noticed that the Skull 2017 standing items does not seem to be one of the loot bag rewards even though it is listed as one? I have reviewed several hundred loot bag rewards and have yet to see anyone get one of those. Anyone here get one?

still doesn't makes sense, would make more sense if the NVA were special with the camo and the SCR sellable. that seems more balanced (as it is on the IS side)

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 October 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#228 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

Strange. Relax

#229 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

There should be something like special event factions. For an event time every player can join one of these event factions without leaving his unit or FP faction. Similar to previous Battle for Luthien event, where playerbase majority had been mostly out of loyalty part. It seems there is not enough players to fill in the faction event, so I think it would be better to separate FP and event parts.

#230 RolandDT

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

View PostRampage, on 27 October 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

I got one. Haven't seen it in game yet, but I received one last night (3 hours to get 5 loot bags - off to a great start).

#231 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostRolandDT, on 27 October 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

I got one. Haven't seen it in game yet, but I received one last night (3 hours to get 5 loot bags - off to a great start).

Thanks. I guess it is just very rare then.

#232 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

View PostRampage, on 27 October 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

Thanks. I guess it is just very rare then.

I got all available items from the list out of my first 100 bags.

#233 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

Boy, the FP queue feels desolate today.

#234 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

I'm sorry, I know everyone has been saying to make this event 2 buckets (clan vs clan and IS vs IS) but even that is a terrible idea. There merely isn't enough population.

Just make it so that once a group forms a lobby, they can drop against either clan or IS. Example being 12 IS end up randomly forming after searching - they can drop into a clan vs IS OR IS vs IS match. Same goes for clans.

That way its only one bucket that still maintains the civil war theme, and will actually lead to faster matches because you end up doubling the opponent pool for both sides.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 27 October 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#235 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

View PostUkabix, on 27 October 2017 - 05:09 AM, said:

Boy, the FP queue feels desolate today.

Because it is. There is not enough people for that much buckets.

#236 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

yes, you cannot sell MC only items.

#237 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

I like all the folks losing their apparently feeble minds over the lack of players in FP.... during an event, which began on a thursday... when most players have school, work, etc.... to go to the following day. Don't come on during a weekday and expect record #s of active players to be in the queues and then throw a tantrum when they're not.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 October 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#238 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 27 October 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

I'm sorry, I know everyone has been saying to make this event 2 buckets (clan vs clan and IS vs IS) but even that is a terrible idea. There merely isn't enough population.

Just make it so that once a group forms a lobby, they can drop against either clan or IS. Example being 12 IS end up randomly forming after searching - they can drop into a clan vs IS OR IS vs IS match. Same goes for clans.

That way its only one bucket that still maintains the civil war theme, and will actually lead to faster matches because you end up doubling the opponent pool for both sides.

very good idea!!!

#239 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

I like all the folks losing their apparently feeble minds over the lack of players in FP.... during an event, which began on a thursday... when most players have school, work, etc.... to go to the following day. Don't come on during a weekday and expect record #s of active players to be in the queues and then throw a tantrum when they're not.

but....but.....tantrum throwing is the only thing they can do as good as the normal whining.....don't kill the "fun" for them...

Seriously people. Relax, everything wil be resolved in one way or the other. We are still getting free stuff here.

Edited by suffocater, 27 October 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#240 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

ohh...somebody who thinks he is smarter than everybody else...lmao
...have you considered, that there are a few people here, who are not playing just once every 3 weeks, but daily and they kinda know what waiting times to expect at certain times and days and who are capable comparing the situation right now to other times?....besides....a lot of people reporting long waiting times and many ghost drops might be indicating that there is something not as it used to....but I am sure you know better....hahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users