311 replies to this topic

#241 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

I like all the folks losing their apparently feeble minds over the lack of players in FP.... during an event, which began on a thursday... when most players have school, work, etc.... to go to the following day. Don't come on during a weekday and expect record #s of active players to be in the queues and then throw a tantrum when they're not.

Heh, like everybody playing MWO is in your given US time zone and only waiting for you to finish your school or work? Come on.

#242 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 27 October 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

but....but.....tantrum throwing is the only thing they can do as good as the normal whining.....don't kill the "fun" for them...

Seriously people. Relax, everything wil be resolved in one way or the other. We are still getting free stuff here.

You are aware that getting free stuff in a Freemium-type game is not just for the sake of getting free stuff. And it is totally viable, that customers complain if a change to the product they use and might pay for makes it less well usable? Mhhh...Probably not. Nevermind!

#243 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

We all knew it would come to the actual situation with this event. PGI, as usual, needs 1-2 days to realize their mistake and will change something so we can all get everything we want. Slow learners they are for sure, but they try.
Complaining is one thing. What happens in this thread is in no way acceptable.

Edited by suffocater, 27 October 2017 - 06:04 AM.

#244 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostParadox42, on 27 October 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

ohh...somebody who thinks he is smarter than everybody else...lmao
...have you considered, that there are a few people here, who are not playing just once every 3 weeks, but daily and they kinda know what waiting times to expect at certain times and days and who are capable comparing the situation right now to other times?....besides....a lot of people reporting long waiting times and many ghost drops might be indicating that there is something not as it used to....but I am sure you know better....hahaha

They know what waiting times are when its 1 large bucket of players and its any clan faction vs any IS faction, but apparently lack the common sense to realize without throwing a hissy fit, that when you pour that single bucket into seven smaller buckets, that then there's less available to be sorting with when it has to match up specific factions together. Made worse by the fact one particular faction (clan wolf) has to divide its available players into two buckets and that that choice is left up to the player to decide which one they wish to play in.

I somehow managed to get 15 loot bags in 16 actual playing matches while scouting, with only 2 ghost drops when I was playing yesterday. So 30% of the total number of faction loot bags I could earn, in only the first few hours of an event that is going to run for for another 242 hours at this point. Oh however will I manage to get 35 more matches in that little time.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 October 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#245 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

Our unit and the folks we regularly team with tailor our FP play times to when the population is around. We do this a lot. Last night we failed to find any opponents 6 out of 8 times. Which means we just sat there. During peak NA play times.

As I said in my other thread, the end result for Steiner players is a long wait to fill a team, while the end result for Davion players is 3/4 of the time failing to find a match after sitting there 10 minutes.

PGI could at least tweak the event so that if you sit for 10 minutes and fail to find an opponent, you get a loot bag for your trouble. Then we can go back to the "any IS vs any Clan" model after the event which allows us to get games in.

#246 Captn Kirk

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Cant get a single faction drop against Wolf. How is a pilot suppose to get 150 for a free mech? bleh.

#247 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

This event is very much a hybrid of the old event system and the new event system with Prizes everywhere!

i got a lot glitches on the faction play and wait time to get in match is way long . i like the event but need to think much on that

#248 Jason Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

I think some positive feedback is in order, so...

In four hours yesterday I've had around 11 (maybe even more, not entirelly sure) Scout and 2 Invasion matches (I also spent a lot of time adjusting my mechs, buying stuff etc., I could have more). All in European night time.

I love IS vs. IS combat, tons of fun.

Edited by Jason Rodriguez, 27 October 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#249 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

I'll throw my "not getting matches" into the hat...dropping for Smoke Jaguar in scouting I didn't get a hit for over an hour's wait this morning when I'm usually getting one every five minutes or so.

...I know there are more buckets, that's the point of the discussion and this is data. Enjoy.

#250 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 26 October 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Just for the guys who dont know.
You need to select the correct planet to drop for the event part.
To do this, go to the event tab ingame and select your faction matchup (where you see the rewards) and press the blue button marked "Go now" at the bottom right.
That way you will go to the correct match up of IS vs IS or clan vs clan immediately.

Ill just quite myself for all the players not able to get an IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan faction play match for this event. You need to do this, so that you will drop on the corect planet. Otherwise you will continue dropping the normal Clan vs IS games.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 27 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#251 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

The problem isn't people getting the wrong matches, they're in the correct queue but getting no matches AT ALL because either nobody from their own faction or nobody from the other faction is queueing up.

#252 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

I got a skull standing item form one of the loot bags ( skull with candle in it)

#253 Koltin

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

Miért basztok el mindent?

#254 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

View Postmetallio, on 27 October 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

I'll throw my "not getting matches" into the hat...dropping for Smoke Jaguar in scouting I didn't get a hit for over an hour's wait this morning when I'm usually getting one every five minutes or so.

...I know there are more buckets, that's the point of the discussion and this is data. Enjoy.

This is funny, because I was dropping for Nova cat this morning and no matches.

#255 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Fix suggestion:

150 -> 100 Posted Image

#256 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Started my scouting for the day, 3:16pm EST (so 8:16pm Uk, 9:16pm continental western europe) hit the "scout now" button.

Matched with three other sharks at 3:19pm. Match created with 3 wolves and one freelancer less than a minute later. Match was a win for the sharks, 7 mins 3 seconds. And there's loot bad #16.

Yeah... totally impossible for shark and wolf players to get matches.... RIGHT...

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 October 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#257 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Seems to be around the same time as yesterday to be able to get matches between sharks and wolves.

EDIT: 21:39.....after 5 minutes, not even 3 shark buddies for me.....back to QP.

Edited by suffocater, 27 October 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#258 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yeah... totally impossible for shark and wolf players to get matches.... RIGHT...

Dee (and everyone else being contrarians about this debacle), have you ever considered that your personal experience may not be reflective of the overall experience of players across multiple timezones and factions?

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 27 October 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#259 storm0545

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

i got into 1 invasion drop against Steiner last night after 3 ghost drops and while the wait sucked it was highly refreshing to fight IS vs IS for a chance in faction warfare. All i can say it felt really good to XL check IS assaults last night and is super satisfying to see an XL atlas with gauss just auto explode from losing its torso.

#260 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

This FP system might have worked if there wasn`t a bloody QP event going on simultaneously. Sometimes I really don`t know if there is even one person at PGI who actually knows its own game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users