311 replies to this topic

#21 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan FP events... interesting...

#22 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Honestly, this is the kind of faction-on-faction warfare we need. It's better than the same old IS vs Clan stuff we've been through for a while. If we had more events like this, I'd go back to FP. But, I'm glad we at least have something different to break up the stupid faction monotony for now.

#23 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

No colours or camo patterns selectable, but a (c) mech as a grand prize? Posted Image
Very interesting. I'll have to do some FP drops again though, 125 matches (25 of that in FP) is a tough nut from a time investment standpoint.

#24 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

no halloween sale?

#25 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

I propose a change in rules... Please allow Steiner to field four Atlases as a valid drop deck for scouting.

#26 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Clan Wolf better show out...fighting on 2 fronts...PGI obviously believes they have the population to handle that...but I bet many of us have serious doubts, as the massive number of inactives makes loyalist population numbers nearly meaningless.

#27 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostTahawus, on 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

I propose a change in rules... Please allow Steiner to field four Atlases as a valid drop deck for scouting.

That should be a achievement.

#28 Over 9000

• Pip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Energy boat pick-a-prize rewards after the latest patch, LUL

#29 Over 9000

• Pip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 25 October 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I hate to be increasingly negative as of late.... but you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Knowing all too well that events in general tend to tank Faction play participation (grab bag events especially) You actually thought it was a good idea to combine them by holding overlapping FP events with the grab-bag event? Seriously??

The basic mechanic of the Grab-bag event forces VOLUME of matches over length. Do we get extra grab bags for playing a 30 minute match vs a 15 minute match? No not likely. Sure maybe Scouting counts, but those matches go so quickly sometimes they may not count consistently.

So what's is going to happen? The FP event is going to suffer the most here. Why? Because for the first time in te history of the Grab-Bag event.... you decided to LOCK the Grand Prize behind a qualification condition of 150 qualifying matches. 150! Every grab-bag since their start the Grand Prize has been a 1 time random reward. Sooo what... did you expect people to flock to IS vs IS FP to round out their 150 matches of something?

I'm not even going to start on the fact that locking said Grand Prize behind the 150 qualifying condition only favors those who are buy packs. I travel a lot with work, so I look forward to the freebie bags because they had that chance for the Grand Prize. So basically, for the first time in any grab-bag event... I'm really not going to bother. Casual QP here and there when I can, but knowing that the Grand Prize is effectively behind a Pay-Wall or spending excessive time grinding QP matches, I'm once again encouraged to spend my time elsewhere.

Yea... good job with that. :/

Sorry for the rant, but lets not try to fix things that aren't broken just because there is a shiny new toy/tool to mess with the equation.

TLDR: "Boo hoo I need to play an average of 15 QP matches a day and I can't do that, its too much work."

#30 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Matt and I discuss the Trick or Treat 3 event, on NGNG #161! https://soundcloud.c...s-no-galaxy-161

#31 DDog35

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

So, if we get 300 loot bags, we get both GRAND PRIZE picks??? Posted Image

#32 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

hey matt,

what do you think of having instead 1 pick for 100+ match score have the number of picks increase based on the match score.
Something like this for example.
100 - 1pick
101-300 - 2picks
301-700 - 3picks
701-1200 - 4picks ... and so on,

you could also decide on a max number of picks to be earned per QP, FP-scounting, and FP-invasion

#33 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thanatos Owned. . . Check!

Hellspawn Owned. . . Check!

Piranha Owned. . . Check!

So. . . BONUS!!!!

#34 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostTahawus, on 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

LRM Atlas, of course.

Edit: typo

Edited by AnHell86, 25 October 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#35 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

Alright sharks looks like we are up against clan wolf with steel viper joining us. Should be fun

#36 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Some clarification is appreciated.

This Event gives you a chance to earn up to a total of 150 random Loot Bags through qualifying matches, with even more Bags up for grabs if you own a Tournament Supporter pack or eligible pre-order packs.

You can earn 100 Loot Bags in Quick Play and 50 Loot Bags in Faction Play. You can track your match count progress through the Event Browser and Redeem your loot bags on this page.

When you have earned 150 loot Bags (though Matches or Bonus Redeems) you will unlock the Grand Prize! which is a Pick a Prize Reward!

Each PO pack of Thanatos, Hellspawn, Piranha, and 1st Nov PO pack earns 25 bonus Bags, plus a TSP another 25. That's 125 bonus Bags.

You can earn 100 from QP (100 matches) and 50 from FP (25+25 presumably since you have time to join 2 factions).

So total loot bags possible is 275?

To earn the faction based rewards, you can be either a Merc, Loyalist or Freelancer, but Freelancers don't earn Loyalist Points correct?

Also:

These conflicts will give Loyalists and Mercenaries with contracts opportunities to earn faction cockpit items while earning Trick or Treat Loot Bags.

This means a Merc unit signed on a contract with a House or Clan will still earn the Loyalist rewards under the Event? Eg a Merc unit signed with Liao will earn the Liao FP rewards?

Edited by arcana75, 25 October 2017 - 06:29 PM.

#37 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

I know there are already a lot of people complaining about this event...
but thank you for these events.
This is what we should see happen more often.
I do not care if the rewards are not "amazing..."
It encourages actual Faction conflicts!

#38 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

So by 'Clan Wolf is fighting on two fronts,' does that mean they have to do 50 matches against Steel Vipers and 50 matches against Diamond Shark to receive both sets of rewards? Do they get to choose for each drop which front they're fighting on? If all the Wolves decide to fight only against Sharks, will Vipers only get ghost drops (or vice versa)?

If on the other hand the Vipers and Sharks are combined in all matches, there's a better chance to encounter lower coordination between members of a mixed-Clan drop...is it appropriate to double the rewards for fighting a less united foe? If there are no members of one of the opposing factions in a drop, would Wolves still get credit for fighting both?

#39 Aegaeon

Rookie

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

I aready have both the mechs of the Grand Prize. Can we please have a third option, i think it is fair.

#40 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 25 October 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I do not care if the rewards are not "amazing..."

Their expression in the podcast was "nuts".

I can agree on regarding the faction rewards as an IS vs IS test run for whoever is interested in FP and no one else.
But really, excluding a certain part of customers from being happy about the grand price for no good reason at all?
If it only were Mechs from the second steam wave with the phranken pattern (from the first), it would at least have some value.
But this way, can I just have a "Y" letter decal instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users