311 replies to this topic

#41 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Hi PGI

Been playing 6 -7 months now. MWO is a great game and looking forward to the event looks awesome! Keep up the good work.

#42 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostAegaeon, on 25 October 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

I aready have both the mechs of the Grand Prize. Can we please have a third option, i think it is fair.

You could just sell the mech and treat it as a c-bill 3rd option?

#43 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

The faction match ups are an attempt to balance faction sizes and minimize the chance of Ghost Drops.

Judging by the matchups you guys are just using the raw population numbers.

PGI... These numbers are not accurate. They're completely dominated by innactives and non-Faction Play players who signed up for loyalist and then dipped out. Wolf and Davion are not nearly as populated as the numbers suggest. In fact the permanent Contract penalty DETERS active mercs from joining those factions.

Marik and Liao matchup will do alright because those are the two most active IS factions. Wolf vs Steel Viper AND Diamond Shark is going to be wait-warrior-online.

#44 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

View Postarcana75, on 25 October 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

You could just sell the mech and treat it as a c-bill 3rd option?

If their not locked to their 'Mech Bays.

I've love to just remove my duplicate Loyalty King Crab and Centurion from years ago, but alas...

#45 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Stupid question but the bonus from pre-orders don't count in the FP and QP tally, right?

#46 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostCycKath, on 25 October 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

If their not locked to their 'Mech Bays.

I've love to just remove my duplicate Loyalty King Crab and Centurion from years ago, but alas...

Sounds like you want to sell a mech and keep the mech bay that came with it... that sounds like wanting to have your cake and eat it too. If selling the mech requires you to let go of the mech bay too, then...

View PostSpectreHD, on 25 October 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Stupid question but the bonus from pre-orders don't count in the FP and QP tally, right?

That's what I asked earlier too. But it does seem like the PO bonuses are separate from the FP and QP loot bags. Each PO gets you 25 bags, up to 125 total bonus bags (4 POs, 1 TSP), and FP is 50, while QP is 100, for a grand total of 275 loot bags possible. Most likely the PO loot bag redemptions will be a button to press on the Event page once the Event is up. If you look at the July 2017 Loot Bag Event, it's easier to see how things will likely go down.

#47 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

This even looks like it'll be pretty fun. I cant wait to get my new Ryoken(c)

#48 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

100 match points for a grab bag...sounds good.

50 Faction Warfare matches for the top prize...sounds...like a stretch...especially at this point...

Questions...

-what happens if no one from the opposing Faction cues up? Does that mean a ghost drop ensues?
-what's the contingency if THAT happens?
-for Clan Wolf opponents, can Diamond Shark and Steel Viper pilots group up together in the same group to fight?

#49 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

4P(S)? hell yes!

#50 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hey Matt,

little request: Could you please change the MC-consumables in the grab bags to C-bills consumables? They do exactly the same and that way, people that use the autorefill option for c-Bills consumable would have a use for them. I think a lot of people (incl. myself) do not use MC-consumables+autorefill because they do not want to burn through their MC accidentally. So the MC consumables are catching dust in the shelf...

#51 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

I like the event idea. Unfortunatly I think that many factions do not have the active population to fill the queues.

Wolf definately doesnt have the active players to match 2 new clans. Steiners active pop is nowhere near davion. FRR dwarfs kurita.
The Marik Liao conflict is probably best off for pop balance and active players.

Should have split the clans wardens vs crusaders with diamond shark to the lower pop side.

IS should have been Marik, Davion, Kurita vs Steiner, Liao, FRR or whatever mix is even.

#52 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Frr hubs gonna love this. We have both kurita and frr based there. Should be one of the more fun conflicts, considering your opponents will probably be just a channel away.

#53 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 25 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I like the event idea. Unfortunatly I think that many factions do not have the active population to fill the queues.

Wolf definately doesnt have the active players to match 2 new clans. Steiners active pop is nowhere near davion. FRR dwarfs kurita.
The Marik Liao conflict is probably best off for pop balance and active players.

Should have split the clans wardens vs crusaders with diamond shark to the lower pop side.

IS should have been Marik, Davion, Kurita vs Steiner, Liao, FRR or whatever mix is even.

What I love is how all these fights are based on some lore ********. When in fact in the history of this game Liao and Marik created a treaty which mostly held through 3 phases, Davion had a massive write in campaign to pgi to switch loyalty to Steiner with no penalty to drop in there queue, the 1st and only time to my knowledge thats been allowed. And FRR and Kurita share a TS. If I want lore i'll read a book, there all free online anyway. The original idea of CW was to let the player's reshape history. But buck up kids I guess and take your bi-monthly dose of lore.

#54 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Nice contest.

#55 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 25 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I can guarantee it will be the deadest queue, especially during NA prime time. Talked to the fellas, Marik has no interest in fighting liao. Cuz they showed up in SUCH numbers last time. Plus PGI's bribery game is getting weak. Let them attack clan Davion tho and you'ed have a different story.

#56 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 25 October 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

I can guarantee it will be the deadest queue, especially during NA prime time. Talked to the fellas, Marik has no interest in fighting liao. Cuz they showed up in SUCH numbers last time. Plus PGI's bribery game is getting weak. Let them attack clan Davion tho and you'ed have a different story.

Tbier loyalists mean nothing to the numbers. They have the majprity 0f the is mercs due to bonus.

#57 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

So do the (S) variants have the same loadouts as the (C) versions? Trying to decide in advance on whether I want a Wubcrow or another Death Star Hunchback if they're the same as the champions

#58 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 25 October 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

So do the (S) variants have the same loadouts as the (C) versions? Trying to decide in advance on whether I want a Wubcrow or another Death Star Hunchback if they're the same as the champions

The loadouts are detailed here. :)
http://store.steampo...nce_Steam_Pack/

#59 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 October 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

100 match points for a grab bag...sounds good.

50 Faction Warfare matches for the top prize...sounds...like a stretch...especially at this point...

Questions...

-what happens if no one from the opposing Faction cues up? Does that mean a ghost drop ensues?
-what's the contingency if THAT happens?
-for Clan Wolf opponents, can Diamond Shark and Steel Viper pilots group up together in the same group to fight?

You got a good point. PGI really needs to redue the numbers for the faction play mode.

#60 PeterPansen

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

People complaining everywhere....I like the event, it's free stuff. And a S-variant mech as prize is mega.
And if you already got the Steam pack, just get the Stormcrow. It's an OMNImech..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users