311 replies to this topic

#61 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

This will be a super fun event, and so many prizes! Thanks alot guys!! Posted Image <3 <3

Edited by Daemonara, 25 October 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#62 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

I'm seeing a lot of stuff done right in this event. This shows that you take the player's opinions into consideration. Lootbag events are always a fun one. Really excited to see the IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan games. No one can complain about balance anymore.
Wish we could have different mechs (or mechs we could sell) but that's a small request. I'm glad we're seeing these changes regardless. Keep it up!

#63 Mr Snrub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSome place far away

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

Nice one guys! (I just spent my last 10 million to buy a 4P, but there you go...Posted Image )

#64 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

So after working a full day I had a good day think about this. To lower the wait time in the Fw games. Merge more factions together. Just try and make the active players even. I don't care who I fight. Fighting a fellow IS pilot will be nice for a chance. Cause im worried that the wait times will be threw the roof.
Just my 5 cents. Great event, just a shame some of us already brought that Steam package like a few months ago. :( Should of waited.

#65 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:33 PM

I hope the waiting times for a game in CW will not bee forever.

#66 FerretboysRevenge

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKelso, WA

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

no Love for Civil War and Civil War Escalation purchasers?

#67 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

Nice, long running grind-vent. Thank you.

How about a challenge from time to time? I mean challenge in the sense, that at least a part of the goals is actually hard to achieve. Something like the Headshot-Thingie, even though that particular one resultet in many a troll build. :)

Maybe get >1000 DMG in one match without using LRMs. Or similar. Be creative!

#68 Rizn Nuke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

I too think that having 7 buckets will not work out.
As proposed before, 2 buckets should be all right
Crusaders Vs Wardens for Clans and whatever floats your boat for IS vs IS

Also: make invasion games worth 2 redeems. Otherwise you can expect everyone to line up for scouting and desert invasion.

#69 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

Alright, sorry for the delay folks... I've just had a hell of a day myself, but I'm sure someone is looking for my feedback. I'll get to posting that now, right along with some other thoughts that were triggered by reading through the whole thread up to now...

View PostBig Tin Man, on 25 October 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

3. Invasion mode should count for 3 bags. 50 invasions is 25 hours of play.

I could see any games done on the Invasion ToW Bar being worth 2 Loot Bags each for the time spent. Giving 3 would potentially be way too easy, but then again, have a look at my further thoughts to Groutknoll below. :mellow:

View PostGroutknoll, on 25 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

hey matt,

what do you think of having instead 1 pick for 100+ match score have the number of picks increase based on the match score.
Something like this for example.
100 - 1pick
101-300 - 2picks
301-700 - 3picks
701-1200 - 4picks ... and so on,

you could also decide on a max number of picks to be earned per QP, FP-scounting, and FP-invasion

Hopefully, since I'm quoting Matt Newman just a little further down in this post, they'll see your message. I might see this working only if they did it similar to the notches on the PSR Gain System. For example...
  • 100 to 300 = 1 Loot Bag
  • 300 to 500 = 2 Loot Bags, because by this time, you've had to put significant effort into a round.
  • 500 and up = 3 Loot Bags, for if you've reached this far, there would be no question of a severe reward being in order.
...however, all these thoughts would predicate on our Friendly Event Writer being willing to allow that kind of a change in the needed time to complete the Event. Also, if he did, how much would people dare to exploit it and break the rules? This note right here is probably why they can't really boost the Loot Bag earnings all that much. While this does make me sad, it's because of all those Exploiters/Cheaters that we can't have really nice reward boosts. I must admit, though, having to spend up to 50 hours of time (25 hours each for QP and FW) at a minimum specifically dedicated to playing MWO for the Event is rather on the extreme side of things. Even I might run into problems finishing this Event, and that makes me a sad bear, seeing as I really wanted to reach the goal of that Grand Prize and everything else on the way there. :(

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

This event is very much a hybrid of the old event system and the new event system with Prizes everywhere!

I also hope this goes off without a hitch, seeing as the blend looks rather interesting. By the way, please avoid listening to anyone trying to make you change the Grand Prize Mechs. I personally think they're fine options, and I'm looking forward to scoring at least one of them! B)

However, you've already got one bug early on that's costing some Event Rating. With your current Start and End points, there is only '11 days' currently allocated (checked with the "Time Zone Duration Calculator" @ timeanddate.com ... You may need to click "Calculate Duration" after you load the page, as it may not auto-load everything) to the Event. Given what it says in the static announcement text and what was said in the Podcast, that there is supposed to be "12 Days" allocated, could you please fix the End Timer? I believe the Correct End Date would be "Nov. 7, 2017" at either 9 AM or 10 AM, depending on DST, as that day is actually 12 Days in the future. :huh:

Also, there is some minor confusion in the possible Loot Bag Rewards. What is meant by...

Trick Or Treat III Event said:

Cockpit Mounted Warhorn - Halloween Lights

...as I know of no such item? Is it the "Cockpit Mounted Light String - Halloween Lights" or the "Cockpit Mounted Warhorn - Jack-O'-Lantern"? Or were both meant to be possible Loot Bag Rewards?!? I'm really stumped here, but with the number of other items there, the WarHorn would be potentially preferable over the Light String for me, although providing both would give chances to everyone for what they would like. :wacko:

Also, is there any way to extend the Post-Event Claim Time for Loot Bags to up to 14 Days? I understand that would mean making the Loot Bag Event System possibly work across the other side of a Monthly Patch Day. However, I feel that this should behave the same way as with the Event Browser Systems, both for consistency and for the positive feel of being able to hold off things like Active Premium Time until either needed or near the end of the available claiming time frame. :o

View PostBombadil, on 25 October 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Matt and I discuss the Trick or Treat 3 event, on NGNG #161! https://soundcloud.c...s-no-galaxy-161

Thanks for posting up the Podcast. I got a real chuckle out of the image you tied to that file. Please make sure that feedback reaches Matt, our Friendly Event Writer? :D

As for me, I'll see you all out at the Event. Right now, with Minor Confusions (which I hope to read some clarity on shortly) and Time Issues, I'm giving the Event a Rating of...

9.2/10

...as the 12th Day being missing from what's announced is kind of a "Pressure Cooker"-type issue. Any of you who know me from previous Event Ratings probably remembers that I don't take well to anything that goes down that road. I am, however, rounding up on my Rating right now, because I'm trying to be positive and hopeful. Let's hope I don't end up mentally in the trench, eh? ;)

~Mr. D. V. "One can only hope this Event doesn't turn me into a zombie..." Devnull

#70 Simulacrum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

Finally IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan, thank you! I do like that kind of "small goodies" events and hopefully I get as much warhorns as possible. ;)

Do you split the player base by faction or does one FP match just counts for your faction? If you split the player base we could've massive waiting time else its "just a part of an event". (but cool anyway)

Last question: why Clan Wolf vs. Clan Diamond Shark? I thought the DS are a subclan of Wolf? Or do we get a main title if we win this "Trial of Position" and Clan Wolf gets our sub-clan? :P

#71 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

View Postnaterist, on 25 October 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Frr hubs gonna love this. We have both kurita and frr based there. Should be one of the more fun conflicts, considering your opponents will probably be just a channel away.

Hmm could i offer you some popcorn salted with tears from the FP sub forum while you enjoy the show? Posted Image

Also Question: with all the preorder goodie bags, do i need 50 QP or 50 FP bags to get the grand prize?

Edited by Lupis Volk, 26 October 2017 - 12:58 AM.

#72 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

Will we at least be on someway able to drop as IS vs Clan (Clan vs IS)?
I'am a "little bit" concerned about the droptimes which will probably rise up due to the population fragmentation...

#73 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

View PostUnit 86, on 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

no halloween sale?

The sale will likely be announced tommorow. As to the faction play buckets.... just play scouting matches.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 October 2017 - 02:03 AM.

#74 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:07 AM

One hundred and fifty games!?!??

PGI assuming we all don't have a life yet again. Yeah but 12 days!

That's still at least 30 hours! Seriously PGI if your going to do something like this at least do some basic bloody maths first.

100 minimum match score farmers here we come for nearly the next fortnight. When are you going to learn????

Edited by mad kat, 26 October 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#75 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

I don't like anything that allows people to 'game' their match score in FW. If you open up more loot bags for higher scores, people will do stupid stuff that costs their team the match like getting mediocre damage in their first mech and hiding for the rest of the match to multiply their match score.

No match score scaling rewards. If you want to make Invasion count for two or more bags to incentivize the time investment vs. Scouting, that's fine. But don't allow people to bend the rest of their team over for extra rewards.

#76 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Catching up again...

View PostLupis Volk, on 26 October 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Also Question: with all the preorder goodie bags, do i need 50 QP or 50 FP bags to get the grand prize?

If I've read things properly, you could even mix-and-match. Have fun out there, and just watch your total skyrocket to your Pay2Win-boosted goals! :D

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 October 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

This event is very much a hybrid of the old event system and the new event system with Prizes everywhere!

<<<snip>>>

However, you've already got one bug early on that's costing some Event Rating. With your current Start and End points, there is only '11 days' currently allocated (checked with the "Time Zone Duration Calculator" @ timeanddate.com ... You may need to click "Calculate Duration" after you load the page, as it may not auto-load everything) to the Event. Given what it says in the static announcement text and what was said in the Podcast, that there is supposed to be "12 Days" allocated, could you please fix the End Timer? I believe the Correct End Date would be "Nov. 7, 2017" at either 9 AM or 10 AM, depending on DST, as that day is actually 12 Days in the future. Posted Image

<<<snip>>>

Also, is there any way to extend the Post-Event Claim Time for Loot Bags to up to 14 Days? I understand that would mean making the Loot Bag Event System possibly work across the other side of a Monthly Patch Day. However, I feel that this should behave the same way as with the Event Browser Systems, both for consistency and for the positive feel of being able to hold off things like Active Premium Time until either needed or near the end of the available claiming time frame. Posted Image

<<<snip>>>

Hey again, Matt... I just had some extra questions and thoughts hit me all at once. :blush:

Does the MWO Servers handle DST properly in every regard over Event Scheduling? If not, I'm realizing that it might mess up on the End Time still. Also, 9 AM PST is going to feel early to people across many time zones, as their sleep clocks won't have had enough time to compensate for the switch back to Standard Time. In possibly fixing that End Time to maintain 12 days, could we also have it set so that it clocks out at 10 AM instead, in order to compensate for human factors? ^_^

Further, and I know this could be a bit much to ask, can we have the Events that will be running all set up to actually run for a full two weeks? I figure an End Date of "Nov. 9, 2017 @ 10 AM PST" would take care of anyone who might set up an angry storm about not having enough time due to their families, jobs, living needs, and other things that come their way. Real Life can be a harsh disruptor at times that drags people away without their approval, and I think we can both agree that we don't want to lose people playing over lack of time availability, right? :(

Also, is the Loot Bag Event System's Randomizer Program capable of auto-resuming across a Monthly Patch? Or does it actively require being manually re-launched? :unsure:

One more thing... Is there any chance that the Premium Time Rewards from Events could instead be made a 'Banked' type for later use? Or, perhaps be kept in a 'Pending Activation' pile of some kind on the Event's page for up to two weeks after someone earned it from the Event? I could have sworn there was one really salty person whose post I read on the previous Event about this. :wacko:

View PostDee Eight, on 26 October 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

View PostUnit 86, on 25 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

no halloween sale?

The sale will likely be announced tommorow.

I'll confirm that, given what I've heard in Bombadil's NGNG #161 Podcast... At least, I thought I heard something about a Sale still yet to be announced. :ph34r:

Now then... I think I probably need some rest before this Event begins, otherwise I won't be able to keep awake at the right times! :mellow:

~D. V. "Feeling nauseous and dizzy... I probably need sleep!" Devnull

#77 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:37 AM

View Postmad kat, on 26 October 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

One hundred and fifty games!?!??

PGI assuming we all don't have a life yet again. Yeah but 12 days!

That's still at least 30 hours! Seriously PGI if your going to do something like this at least do some basic bloody maths first.

100 minimum match score farmers here we come for nearly the next fortnight. When are you going to learn????

How can you do 50 Invasion games in 30 hours AND 100 Quickplay?

It will take much more time...

#78 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

The Halloween event sounds good and standard, so good job on that.

However, the faction play component seems a little iffy. Is PGI is creating 7 separate buckets for faction play? Or is it two separate buckets, which is just IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan?

For instance, I am Jade Falcon Loyalist. Does that mean I can only play in the same group as other Jade Falcons, and only against other Ghostbears? Or is it any clan player can play with any clan player against other clan players, and the contributions count towards their faction?

Also given that it's clan vs clan and IS vs IS, 1) is there scouting, and 2) does it count for the loot bags too?

Clarification would be helpful.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 26 October 2017 - 02:52 AM.

#79 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 26 October 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

How can you do 50 Invasion games in 30 hours AND 100 Quickplay?

It will take much more time...

Get better. Or smarter. 50 scouting matches take no more time than 50 QP matches and in fact usually takes a lot less since its really just a 4 on 4 brawl someplace once contact is established.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 October 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#80 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

100 match score you say.

Well i best farm this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ac30d01bc92a621

One alpha and I'm done...Next match, repeat.

Not going to of course but that's all this will result.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users