Trick Or Treat Iii Loot Bag Event

311 replies to this topic

#301 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

View Postarcana75, on 06 November 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

I was surprised by it when I redeemed it too. To be clear, this SCR-PRIME doesn't come with 8 Prime omnipods, but a mix of omnipods from the variants including PRIME.

So would you be able to sell those omnipods then? That would be odd though...

#302 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

View PostStf Sgt Marblez, on 06 November 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

So would you be able to sell those omnipods then? That would be odd though...

Why do you want to sell omnipods? Anyway in general it seems odd to sell anything given the dismal exchange rate. If I really needed the cbills I rather play a few matches.

#303 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

The thing that's strange about it is that they didn't need to swap the omnipods at all to achieve basically the same available loadout. The store version with all Prime pods already comes with 5 energy hardpoints. All they really accomplished with this version, aside from moving the RA energy hardpoints to the torsos, was removing an unused AMS hardpoint and adding an unused missile hardpoint.

And the C-Bill bonus, of course...but that doesn't depend on the pods.

#304 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 06 November 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

The thing that's strange about it is that they didn't need to swap the omnipods at all to achieve basically the same available loadout. The store version with all Prime pods already comes with 5 energy hardpoints. All they really accomplished with this version, aside from moving the RA energy hardpoints to the torsos, was removing an unused AMS hardpoint and adding an unused missile hardpoint.

And the C-Bill bonus, of course...but that doesn't depend on the pods.

Well it follows the Steam build. As to why the Steam build has non-Prime omnipods OOTB, who knows really. Perhaps it's to give the introductory player the notion of hardpoint options via the additional M hardpoint, instead of a pure laser build.

FYI for those who are curious, here's the build, from Steam itself:

Posted Image

#305 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

I actually got the info from the Steam Pack version that I bought back when it was on sale. I haven't redeemed my Trick or Treat mech yet because I can't decide what to get. I own every one of the four mechs on offer, so it's a choice between a duplicate C-Bill mech and no new pattern (would love to be able to choose an alternative) or another empty mechbay and C-Bills I don't need.

#306 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

I had a Stormcrow with a cbill boost already from the clan package from a long time ago; and while I had a hunchie SP, I didn't have a cbill boost on it (or any patterns, for that matter). So that's what I took.

Edited by Ertur, 07 November 2017 - 12:57 AM.

#307 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 07 November 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

I actually got the info from the Steam Pack version that I bought back when it was on sale. I haven't redeemed my Trick or Treat mech yet because I can't decide what to get. I own every one of the four mechs on offer, so it's a choice between a duplicate C-Bill mech and no new pattern (would love to be able to choose an alternative) or another empty mechbay and C-Bills I don't need.

View PostErtur, on 07 November 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

I had a Stormcrow with a cbill boost already from the clan package from a long time ago; and while I had a hunchie SP, I didn't have a cbill boost on it (or any patterns, for that matter). So that's what I took.

Well, to avoid any doubt, the Stormcrow I redeemed is the exact same Stormcrow from the Steam Medium Perf Pack 1, as per the image I linked.

#308 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:01 AM

Whittling away at the grand prize - 22 games to go!
Still haven’t decided what to pick.

#309 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

Attention to all, my final thoughts about this Event can be found at...

-->> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/258853-trick-or-treat-3-event-update/page__view__findpost__p__5945344

...for your viewing pleasure and laughs at my expense. I am NOT duplicating that large of a wall-of-text, given the way I'm feeling right now. The discussion of the "Trick Or Treat III Loot Bag Event" should have already moved over to the "Update Thread" long since by now. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Currently With Brain Overloaded..." Devnull

#310 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Guess I don't get a mech. I tried really hard, but 50 FP is just impossible unless your a non-working teenager, or something. :( Get my hopes up and then dash them. :( Maybe I should start ignoring the contests like I use to. :(

#311 Deanihilator

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBurnaby , B.C.

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

View Postgamingogre, on 10 November 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Guess I don't get a mech. I tried really hard, but 50 FP is just impossible unless your a non-working teenager, or something. Posted Image Get my hopes up and then dash them. Posted Image Maybe I should start ignoring the contests like I use to. Posted Image

I feel your pain. I tried hard to get it done and had four matches to go at 3:45PT and a friendly got into my arty strike. Can't get match for ten minutes. Game over. Thanks PGI

#312 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

PGI - thanks for another great event. I missed the second Warhorn in FP by 5 games. Ran out of time with RL stuff.

I made lots of c-bills, GXP, 3 of the new 2017 warhorns and at least 1 of all the new 2017 items and all the olds ones too.

The free loot bags for the items purchased was awesome too.

Thanks for helping me to play with some of my friends I have not seen in a while through FP. It was fun.

Oh and the free mech is awesome. I'm really liking it.

Edited by PanzerTC, 11 November 2017 - 02:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users