Rejoins After 2 Minutes Do Not Give Rewards. 2 Minutes?!

29 replies to this topic

#21 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

View PostMole, on 27 October 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Half the time reconnecting is an exercise in pointlessness anyway unless you can get back in before the match actually starts. Every time there's a disconnect all the lights on the other team bumrush the enemy Spawn just to yoink that free kill.

Funny thing I have noticed about that is, the usual guys I see doing it....still have horrible stats.

I can't think of any other reason to not concentrate on live mechs first other than to pad stats, and if this isn't even working out for a guy... well you think folks would give up on it.

#22 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

View Posttker 669, on 20 January 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Funny thing I have noticed about that is, the usual guys I see doing it....still have horrible stats.

I can't think of any other reason to not concentrate on live mechs first other than to pad stats, and if this isn't even working out for a guy... well you think folks would give up on it.

Didn't PGI even make it to where killing disconnects does not contribute to match score and it is also impossible to headshot a disconnect now?

Edited by Mole, 20 January 2018 - 09:44 PM.

#23 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

Its absurd that PGI punishes disconnects when most of the disconnecting is PGI's fault..

I can't count the number of times I've been kicked from the game, or my game freezing to a point of a full computer reboot, or the client crashing to desktop.. and then I get punished for it with no dinero, and an ever-increasing game-launch penalty..

It's absurd..

#24 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

They really need up it to 4 minutes or more.

#25 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Agreed the disconnects are just too damn high... Stop with the insanity PGI and fix your ****.

#26 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:26 AM

View PostXetelian, on 26 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

...I'd say I've witnessed someone AFK for the match and come out at the end in maybe a few dozen matches in all my years.

The fact that it takes 2 minutes to open, and 2 minutes to connect, we need more time.

Amen. The 2 minutes is less than it takes to get to the "click the QP button" after killing the client

I've DONE that once due to a screaming kid.

Got back as last man standing and killed 8 as they single filed towards me.

#27 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:35 AM

Posted Image

#28 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:12 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 26 October 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Its nowhere near long enough! Providing you fix the problem that disconnected you i, It takes 1 min 30 just to boot up warrior and load into your mechbay and then frantically click the quick play button and hope it does not keep glitching out and dissapearing. And then you have to load the map

Hey how about a Join active match button from the login screen!

I get a lot of disconnects lately and I can never join back in time. 2 minute rule is to prevent against abuse not people frantically trying to make an impossible deadline.

It should be 3 minutes at least

Thank map and mode voting for it as this was implemented alongside it to prevent Players from leaving disliked maps/modes "prematurely".

When the penalties were discussed the "Rejoin is only a matter of seconds army" got very vocal and deafened the ears for reasonable concerns how that will work out in a reality where some can rejoin in a matter of 30 seconds but others may need 5 minutes bcs often it comes with a restart of the game if not the PC which takes much longer.

And loading times since then have become slightly better so it was even worse back then... :D

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 May 2020 - 07:14 AM.

#29 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:49 AM

This may be an old thread but remains important. Discos still happen to me but only at certain periods. And they seem to come on behalf of PGI servers. Two days ago or something, saw 4 discos on my team and 5 on the other at the beginning of a match Posted Image ! Then they gradually rejoined.

Discos are highly annoying, and after that you have to suffer a time penalty which increases Posted Image ? Sometimes I have to even reboot my connection which prolongs the absent time.

I know the rejoin system was made to punish trolling, careless or irresponsible players (which is good), but most of those are gone. The development (or lack of it) PGI gave to MWO bored or disappointed them out to oblivion.

It's a fact the remaining pool of players are few. And we all know why the population numbers went down...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users