8 replies to this topic

#1 Gully D

• PipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Dear Players.
Lately I wonder if this game is suffering from a dying player base?
Also I wonder if Hacks are contributing to this?

Will PGI comment?

Thankyou.

Gully

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

Mostly just FW that's dying.

#3 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostGully D, on 26 October 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Dear Players.
Lately I wonder if this game is suffering from a dying player base?
Also I wonder if Hacks are contributing to this?

Will PGI comment?

Thankyou.

Gully

The player base has dropped a lot, most of the major units asked Tina if she would help stop the lost and gave her ideas more than a year ago.

Unfoutantly she did not take us up on the offer Posted Image

Hack - You must be dreaming, most good players are just good, people that hack in this game normally have such bad situation awareness the hacks do not help.

Since playing since Closed Beta, there have been maybe 2 - 3 people I have reported for hacks.

The major reason people think this game is full of hackers is the average age is higher than most FPS, so the reaction time is not as fast as the young people, adding to this that most don't play many faster FPS like CSGO/OW ect and come from a Battletech background which is nothing like MWO or FPS.

Edit, if you honestly think this game is full of hackers, the first step I would take a look at your skill level, what mechs and builds you run.

Upload a video of your gameplay and people will give feedback.

Edited by live1991, 28 October 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#4 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

It's been dying for a long time now, if it was a horse they would have put a bullet in it to stop the suffering, Live1991 is correct we all gave PGI ideas for saving this game and making it something that could last far beyond any other game, but dollars is dollars and MW5 Mercs is gonna be the new big cash cow, that will last only for a short time and the novelty of buying it will wear off, one of products are not a smart way to run a business unless you can put them out every month, the only explanation is they'll get one big injection of cash from the sales and probably do a runner leaving this to go the way of MWLL, it is smarter to inject money into a running enterprise that has the potential to generate money for years to come, I used to purchase anything and everything in this game and spent thousands, now I won't spend real money no matter how tempting the nice paintjob is, my last purchase was the clan hero 2 maddog.
My advice, enjoy the game for what it is and while it is, ignore all the garbage in these forums its just people venting frustration in their own way, have fun with it, its all that's left, there is no real game here anymore just angry disillusioned people and the vets who have nowhere else to go.
I'm KHAN ATTAKHAN and I'm probably in trouble again

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

Other peoples whining is contagious, before you know it.......
..........they be nuking the site from orbit.

Some times we not so welcoming

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 01 November 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#6 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:57 PM

ZOMBIE.......ZOMBIE

#7 Rathnor1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

Every game is dying from it's release date. This game has survived far longer than most.

#8 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

I've been reading these "MWO is dying" posts for like 5 years now. This has never, at any point, been a high population game and probably never will be. Somehow, though, it's kept itself running for years, which isn't bad considering the short runs some games from much bigger studios have had.

I stopped playing MWO for almost a year and a half before coming back to it a few months ago. I'm having fun playing it right now but that doesn't rule out taking another break. Even if I take another break I'll probably still come back to it eventually because it's MechWarrior and that franchise was one of the reasons I fell in love with video games as a kid, and I'll for sure be in line to get MechWarrior 5. I think the MW/BattleTech fan base is enough to keep this thing from entering a death spiral but not enough to elevate it to something spectacular.

#9 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:16 AM

I do agree that the game is a stayer but I think if you look to the life expectancy of online games it's around 5 to 6 years and that's what has people jumpy and predicting the end, while the game may go on for a long time yet if more development was thrown at the maps, game modes and the bugs that have existed for a long time were fixed then yes the game could go on for many years to come....
I have a bridge in Sydney Harbour I can sell you cheap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users