Lore People, St Ives And Megan Church

3 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

:::SPOILER ALERT::::::!!! (illusions of victory, stop reading if you hate spoilers)

Ok so my power has been down for a bunch of days and that got me to power through a book. While i started it a while back and i thought it started off a bit slow after a few folks said it got better i figured i got nothing better to do.

Illusions of Victory turned out getting pretty good. I really loved the warhawk battles, and talk about an epic assault battle to end it all. I wish PGI would bring in some of that sensors and other electronics stuff not working when scorching hot, but i digress. The real point of this post is the topic i posted.

What is up with the ST Ives in MWO? In this book it is an assault called a pillager, and a 100 ton assault at that. Is it just a tip of the hat to that mech? Or is there something else to it?

Megan Church, what a character with vast potential. Does she show up in other books, if soo please do tell which ones, i'll put them up on the top of the list.

After reading this i got an itch for more and started to check my local bookshops, and online to start collecting more.. But good news i called my local library and they got 6 from around the state coming my way.. so WOOT! Not sure what they are, i just said get um all lol.

One last Q, anyone know where i can find the first book for a reasonable price, perhaps in E-book/kindle form? most of the other books are reasonable but the first Shrapnel: Fragments from the Inner Sphere is pretty pricey in book form. I'd like to check it out though, stupid books are gonna get me hooked on lore!

Edited by JC Daxion, 31 October 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#2 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Have a look at amazon.com. Catalyst have been releasing the old books via ebook format for the last 18 months

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Megan Church doesn't show up in any other BT novels. St Ives is a Commonality originally of the Capellan Confederation, but declared independence after the 4th Succession War, under Fed Com's protection. It was later reabsorbed into Cap Com.

Edited by El Bandito, 31 October 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

View Postpakman61, on 31 October 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Have a look at amazon.com. Catalyst have been releasing the old books via ebook format for the last 18 months

I did see some, just not the first.. a few i saw for a dollar Posted Image

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 October 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Megan Church doesn't show up in any other BT novels. St Ives is a Commonality originally of the Capellan Confederation, but declared independence after the 4th Succession War, under Fed Com's protection. It was later reabsorbed into Cap Com.

Well that is a bummer.. she was awesome.. what an under used character :) So St Ives is could be any mech under the capellan banner? Or many ?

Edited by JC Daxion, 31 October 2017 - 04:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users