Ok How Is This Possible?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Was running scouting on clan side earlier today. I came across an enemy IS team during scouting that captured 9 nodes in less than a minute. Now if these were light mechs I could see that. However, they are not light mechs....

https://youtu.be/-lvyYCLtq2k

Is this even possible?

(btw this is not whining about losing...I could care less honestly. Was going after loot bags....I was just all WTF at 9 nodes in less than a minute...)

Edited by Moadebe, 01 November 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

At least 5 possible nodes that can spawn in extremely close proximity to the far left spawn point, relative to the DZ. Another three to four on the right side. There are 30 potential spawn points for intel, of which 20 are semi-randomly selected. RNG might not have been in your favor.

As defenders, however, they do not profit from that data. Only attackers get a benefit to the progress bar via data node collection.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 01 November 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#3 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

Totally possible, and has happened to me a few times that the direct line toward the center of the map and the expected engagement zone has a plethora of data points. Apparently the other team reported us for it (or at least they threatened to), but it's just stupid because we went and fought them anyway...and won.

RNG MVP.

#4 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeah i know it doesn't matter as much to the defenders....just thought that was very odd...

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Certain part of certain maps always have a lot of nodes clustered together. Just a matter of memorizing them.

#6 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Seen the same and they made the mistake of collecting 10 and that created a mess because i don't think they knew what to do...... Like watching ants froma disturbed nest..... "Which way do we go?"

Edited by Asym, 01 November 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#7 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostAsym, on 01 November 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Just like the 1 shot commando that ran through 4 of us in seconds..... Who knows?

Your Commando story gets less and less believable every time you tell it.

#8 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

There were atleast 3 other points we could have taken. But we stopped at 9 they were all clustered at our DZ's. Grim is the worst map for this I see it happen a fair amount.

#9 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

The map I've found with the most clustered intel points, and some close to spawns is terra therma. There are a few spots (3, I think) that often have 5+/- in close proximity. However, one of those typical areas is also far over to the side, kinda in the boonies, and another is more centrally located and thus often under contention. The third is very close to the gather spawn point, but it does take you away from everything else. I have also cruised those areas and found them completely empty. The RNG works overtime in some instances.

I haven't noticed Grim having massive concentrations, but maybe I've been looking in the wrong spots.
River has a couple, fairly out of the way.
Frozen has a few potential concentrations, but not near the spawns that I've seen.

#10 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

Would be a cool project to chart all the possible locations on each map.

#11 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 November 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Your Commando story gets less and less believable every time you tell it.

Some of us enjoy that story. But Lt. Lard of the Inexorable Shadowhawks was dispatched to investigate and reported he did not see any Commandos there. Posted Image

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 02 November 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Some of us enjoy that story. But Lt. Lard of the Inexorable Shadowhawks was dispatched to investigate and reported he did not see any Commandos there. Posted Image

I'm waiting for it to go from a Scouting match to a Siege one, where the Commando rakes up 48 kills in 5 minutes.

Edited by Bombast, 02 November 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,077 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostMoadebe, on 01 November 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Was running scouting on clan side earlier today. I came across an enemy IS team during scouting that captured 9 nodes in less than a minute. Now if these were light mechs I could see that. However, they are not light mechs....

https://youtu.be/-lvyYCLtq2k

Is this even possible?

(btw this is not whining about losing...I could care less honestly. Was going after loot bags....I was just all WTF at 9 nodes in less than a minute...)

its not like the beacons are actually placed randomly. there are many static beacon location and the game just selects which to use. with experience you find yourself memorizing the locations, the sweet spots where there are usually a large number of beacons. that said if you want to win your best bet is to steamroll the other team, send your slowest mech to the dustoff and have the remaining mechs split up and harvest beacons durring the countdown. winning by objective usually results in terrible scores.

#14 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

On Grim there are usually lot of date near defending DZs. And it is tactically sound to take at least some of it.
On Crimson data is usually near attacking side, and there defenders are usually wasting time collecting.

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 02 November 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

But Lt. Lard of the Inexorable Shadowhawks was dispatched to investigate and reported he did not see any Commandos there. Posted Image

Well obviously that Commando was soooooo fast it exceeded the speed of light and was therefore invisible!

#16 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostBombast, on 02 November 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

I'm waiting for it to go from a Scouting match to a Siege one, where the Commando rakes up 48 kills in 5 minutes.

No, I have no reason to make this up? I'm not an expert in mech ID while dying..... I could be wrong and I'd wish I would have recorded the event..... 1 shot with no damage and not a head shot....? One of the P/U team players thought it might be some third party software (how ever that works) and sounded like the match the other day in Polar where someone was head shooting people at extreme range and not missing, ever...... Absolute skill or something else? Heck, I tried "fire control" a couple of months ago and found that wild !!! Haven't used it since.

I am a potato but turning a corner and having a meeting engagement at 50 meters or so and just dying is something weird....
Thought maybe the more exprienced players might have seen something similar?

#17 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

Usually if I get one shot the suspect is a night gyr or marauder 2c or something that can put a lot of pinpoint damage in one alpha. Also sometimes the enemy is sighted in on a peeking spot so it can be dangerous to take up a position a teammate just abandoned.

#18 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 November 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Snip~. winning by objective usually results in terrible scores.

Aint that the truth in most MWO gamemodes, its a pity.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users