Clans Are Now Dominating Scouting

51 replies to this topic

#1 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

It used to be that Clans dominated the Invasion bar, but now with the TorT Event, Clans are now dominating Scouting, which previously IS dominated.

Did a couple dozen Scouting drops, many Clan merc units are out in 4s and tearing stuff up. I have to admit, as a pug Scout there's no way to compete against an organised quad. When it's 4 pugs vs 4 pugs, the outcome is always the same: IS wins 4-0 or 4-2 max.

I guess it's true, the large units are the ones controlling the FP outcomes.

#2 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Just play at off times (something not NA)....they can't be on forever

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Perhaps you can check the slider bar yourself and see that you are factually incorrect.

#4 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Nah, I've done five pug scout drops so far (only 45 more to go!), and each time has been a pretty decisive win for the clanners.

Pugs are probably beginning to learn that trying to take Bushwackers head-on -- what with their potentially 90 (!) points of CT armor -- is suicide, and that they need to aim for the legs to win. In that, IS will still win if they're coordinated, but amongst pugs with their disorganized targeting, Huntsmen can carry enough splat to win the DPS race on the pseudo-1v1 fighting that goes on.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Organized units > pugs. We already know that. Currently IS is dominating Scouting, and that's good news, cause that helps the IS side to have a chance.

#6 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

Need to rephrase it too, “Clan Premades are dominating in Scouting against PUGS”

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostTrissila, on 02 November 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Nah, I've done five pug scout drops so far (only 45 more to go!), and each time has been a pretty decisive win for the clanners.

Pugs are probably beginning to learn that trying to take Bushwackers head-on -- what with their potentially 90 (!) points of CT armor -- is suicide, and that they need to aim for the legs to win. In that, IS will still win if they're coordinated, but amongst pugs with their disorganized targeting, Huntsmen can carry enough splat to win the DPS race on the pseudo-1v1 fighting that goes on.

Love your evidence. "Because it happened to me it must be so". The post above you mentioned the slider which might actually be real evidence.

#8 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 02 November 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Perhaps you can check the slider bar yourself and see that you are factually incorrect.

Ya. I just had to go double check the scouting status bar because my first thought when reading this subject was, "Wait. When did we start winning again?"

Crisis averted. Clans are still getting stomped in scouting. Nothing to see here.

#9 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 02 November 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Love your evidence. "Because it happened to me it must be so". The post above you mentioned the slider which might actually be real evidence.

Except that's not what I'm arguing. Thanks for trying, though.

The OP claim was that, pugs vs pugs, IS always wins. That is clearly not the case when I can pull off five consecutive, no-sweat victories in pug drops. Clans can very much win scouting matches when it's all pugs and there's not a ton of coordination going on. The bar includes pug drops AND unit drops, and in unit drops nobody's arguing that IS doesn't have the edge in scouting mode.

#10 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

From the last 2 planets I saw the Scouting bar 80-90% blue ie Clan while the Invasion bar didn't move. Clearly the units are farming Scout for the 50 loot bags.

On the Event faction FP games, now I'm deep into the Davion vs Steiner fight, surprisingly 4-man units can lose to pug teams, I got a vid of this, maybe we got lucky. Current planet, Davion is going to win the planet while Steiner is dominating scout.

Edited by arcana75, 02 November 2017 - 08:18 PM.

#11 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Lol IS is currently dominating both Invasion and scouting.

Proves nothing about balance though. Same goes when Clan is dominating the sliders. It just means more coordinated groups/units are on the IS side at the moment.

#12 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postarcana75, on 02 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

It used to be that Clans dominated the Invasion bar, but now with the TorT Event, Clans are now dominating Scouting, which previously IS dominated.

Did a couple dozen Scouting drops, many Clan merc units are out in 4s and tearing stuff up. I have to admit, as a pug Scout there's no way to compete against an organised quad. When it's 4 pugs vs 4 pugs, the outcome is always the same: IS wins 4-0 or 4-2 max.

This just in: FP is "balanced" by whoever has the most organized groups playing in it at the time.

Lots of good units take Clan contracts? Clan OP. Same ones take IS contracts? IS OP.

You can't balance against good units, but PGI will keep trying.

#13 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 02 November 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

IS is rocking the Invasion and Scouting bar. Who switched sides?

#14 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

How did a topic about strong units dominating FP become a topic about Clan vs IS balance??? What is wrong with you people...

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

View Postarcana75, on 02 November 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

How did a topic about strong units dominating FP become a topic about Clan vs IS balance??? What is wrong with you people...

Cause strong units tend to go over to the stronger side to take advantage--which is Clans. And the reason you see so many organized units doing Scouting is because people wanna farm FP lootbags ASAP. You wont see this many Clan units in Scouting once the event is done, cause Clans generally won planets even without Scouting bonuses.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 November 2017 - 08:58 PM.

#16 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Seems most match outcomes depend on whether or not the clan team just races headlong into splat griffins and gets mopped up 4-0.

I saw one get 3 kills and nearly 700 damage in what felt like a five second brawl.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:27 AM

Ya no. It's just that the forum is an IS echo chamber anymore. thanks for the lulz.

#18 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

View Postarcana75, on 02 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

WTF?
Because YOU YOURSELF talk primarily about Clan vs IS.

Do you know what your topic is about in the first place?
- You title it "clans are dominating".
- You constantly talk about Clans vs IS in the OP.
- With just two side notes about big units.

YOU YOURSELF invite, almost beg to talk about Clans vs IS balance.

What is wrong with you for now complaining about it?

Now to your actual point (which is Clans vs IS in Scouting):
I don't play much FP or scouting and I can't say anything about units (except organized teams > random mixed teams. Surprise, surprise), but when I play Scouting, the outcome of 4 mixed pugs vs 4 mixed pugs is pretty even.
Sometimes, we get stomped by IS 0-4, sometimes we stomp the Freebirthers 4-0.
It depends on a LOT of things different from Tech.
E.g.:
- Staying together or one guy running off. The latter is almost certain defeat, no matter the tech
- Focussing Mechs or spreading the team's damage over all 4 enemies without getting their numbers down.
- Focussing the same components (going for legs seems to be superior, but even focussing the torso is better than 2 people doing the one thing and 2 doing the other thing)
- using proper builds instead of sh*t builds (on EITHER side)

These things decide pug matches. Basic tactical viability.

The outcomes in MWO is 90% tactics, 10% tech.
It seems that people LOVE to blame mistakes in the tactical 90% on tech balance issues. Because it is so much more convenient to push the blame to someone else instead working to get better oneself.

Sometimes, I think Assassins are too strong. But then again I guess IS players will think the same thing when they see me laser-vomitting 52 high precision damage at them multiple times in a row without overheating in a medium Mech.
Maybe IS vs Clan Tech still has some edges to be ironed out, but they are the least problem in pug vs pug scouting matches.

Edited by Paigan, 03 November 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#19 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 03 November 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Ya no. It's just that the forum is an IS echo chamber anymore. thanks for the lulz.

[drumroll]

and we have this week's Clan Crocodile Tears propaganda winner!

Here's your badge of honor:

Posted Image

#20 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Well, you named the topic "Clans are now dominating Scouting".

Who do you think will click on this title and what will those guys expect the topic to revolve around? Posted Image

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users