#21 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

1. I'm doing great(watch the pic - 25 kmdds 1 game ..etc)
2. just want to help making the game better for new players or other players that have life and don't play 24/7 with groups
3. I have killed you so many times
4. you should start thinking about others like new players

1. Impressive sandbagging for a Clanner sitting on the high ground, max ranger, taking pot shots while the rest of your team does the work. Go stroke your e-peen someplace else.
2. BS even from another alt account is BS.
3. And I you. Difference is the salt that you spew when your beat.
4. I do. New players have NO PLACE in CW until they meet the bare minimum to participate.

Now, go back to your "thinking about the new players" from your hill top while farming those very same new players for 23 KMDD.

Hypocrite.

#22 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 04 November 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

1. Impressive sandbagging for a Clanner sitting on the high ground, max ranger, taking pot shots while the rest of your team does the work. Go stroke your e-peen someplace else.
2. BS even from another alt account is BS.
3. And I you. Difference is the salt that you spew when your beat.
4. I do. New players have NO PLACE in CW until they meet the bare minimum to participate.

Now, go back to your "thinking about the new players" from your hill top while farming those very same new players for 23 KMDD.

Hypocrite.

1. we didn't farm they pushed into us .. they were just easy to kill
2. I have no real fight with any one - just trying to make the game little more interesting .. man come on!! I mean this game is 5 years old .. same players, same farming ,same ghost drops, same trolling - don't u want that the game will have more options and things u can do?
3.why u ppls always have to talk salty when u see some one having more cookies then u?
4.yes I am a pug sometimes I do stay at the back like every one (sometimes) - and like I say I am a pug so sorry I don't have 11 friends to hold my hands like you do
5.not trolling but dude I really doing great and killing you all very fun indid .. just want to help new players vs trolls
6. IS clan we all players here I'm not fighting - you just had to try troll me gently .. you been marked and ill hunt you forever

p.s yea erll and I also had lrms - but my lurms are in front more then you ever be

Edited by Strange Love, 05 November 2017 - 04:35 AM.

#23 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

1) ......Just want to help making the game better for new players or other players that have life and don't play 24/7 with groups.....

If yo wanna make it better for new players then direct them away from FW and Group que.

Till they get their chops solo que and private lobbies now that its free are the go
Grab a bunch of your own teir mates and make private game for fun unending.

I dont know y dats not done moar.
private lobbies.

#24 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 05 November 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

5.not trolling but dude I really doing great and killing you all very fun indid .. just want to help new players vs trolls

Whats your pilot name? On the alt account that you have claimed to kill me?

I have gone through our AAR, and not surprisingly your name is nowhere to be found.

So, put up or shutup.

#25 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 November 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Just shut down FP for Solos and small units. Everyone participating should at least be a member of a unit with minimum 12 players..

Best idea beside shutting FW down I hard for a while. FW shout be gated with requiements for players to enter like 1 drop deck non trial mechs.

Problem is FW is down the road that it is long beyond saving, even PGI knows with it's mini events.

They are jus there to bribe people in to FW, but away from the many problems the mode has.

#26 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostWing 0, on 03 November 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

It didn't matter if they had a solo bucket or not. They attempted that and it failed.

To be fair, the reason that the solo queue failed was that solo players only jumped into defense queues; no one wanted to attack, so you'd have defense on teams on both sides with no one attacking, and games never starting.

#27 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostHusker Dude, on 06 November 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

To be fair, the reason that the solo queue failed was that solo players only jumped into defense queues; no one wanted to attack, so you'd have defense on teams on both sides with no one attacking, and games never starting.

And that was one of the glaring issues with the previous setup. IS pugs as a co-op prior to drop may attack a planet and wait for clan defenders to setup but eventually, once IS units starting bailing, pugs were easily lead to the slaughter, eager for defensive drops but it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to attack.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 November 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#28 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

And that was one of the glaring issues with the previous setup. IS pugs as a co-op prior to drop may attack a planet and wait for clan defenders to setup but eventually, once IS units starting bailing, pugs were easily lead to the slaughter, eager for defensive drops but it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to attack.

I thought it was more of a perception of where to get the games.
A group instantly added a large number of players to a queue.
Since there is absolutely no reason to queue to defend a planet that is not being attacked, the groups would always go on the attack. It was also commented that the best way to defend a planet you had won was to bury it behind the lines by attacking the next planet.
So, when a solo enters into the lobby and can see that there are a large number of players already queued to attack a planet, of course they queue to defend it as it has a high chance of reaching the 12 v 12 player requirement and actually getting a game.

You couldn't say it worked the other way around as a solo player in an attack queue did not prompt anyone to join or line up against them because the chance of even getting full teams was next to zero.

It would have been a different story if it was an open warfare system that allowed even a single player to start a battle and just do something. The whole perception abut getting a game would have been very different and would have allowed the battles to escalate up to a full blown 12 v 12. Sadly, the modes do not support that and the team restriction is still very inflexible.

Edit: Oh and I disagree with a solo queue for Faction Play. I feel many things could be done better, but am more inclined to support the suggestion of merging the quick play group queue into Faction Play and leave the solo queue for quick play only so ti really is:
Solo = Quick Play
Group = Faction.
Part of that reasoning is purely active population and slimming down the number of different queues we have overall.
Part of it is to work in line with some other suggestions for changes to Faction Play.

Edited by 50 50, 07 November 2017 - 06:25 PM.

#29 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

View Post50 50, on 07 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

but am more inclined to support the suggestion of merging the quick play group queue into Faction Play and leave the solo queue for quick play

Keep your dying game mode out of quick play...
We don't need it or you want to kill QP as well.
In Quik play real mech pilots play solo vs solo and group vs group, go seal club else wear.

#30 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Won't happen with what little is left of FW playerbase outside events.

PGI hasa ccepted their fail off CW but never old the player (90days....)

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

Nothing needs merged.

Just make the FP maps/modes available in QP so people who want respawns and such can play those modes with a MM and no real impact on anything.

#32 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 06 November 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

Whats your pilot name? On the alt account that you have claimed to kill me?

I have gone through our AAR, and not surprisingly your name is nowhere to be found.

So, put up or shutup.

He must do much better in his alt than this one...

#33 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 03 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

will be nice to balance the game for solo players that dont want to join with others just to survive another drop zone farming by 12 men.
players that just want balanced enjoyable gaming experience,

and not into :
units,groups,team speak or all that other "orginized" things
they are players that just want to play and dont want to be forced joining forces with others
(to try avoiding another drop zone farming by 12 men group)

but pgi made 1 lobby for faction play .
many users that runs groups of 8 to 12 men in faction play use their friends list just to avoid real fights and just looking for easy teams with random players on it. --- (lets farm)
so this is why the game will never be balanced!! ..
its a game of numbers! pugs, premades , groups all mixed in same lobby.. so you guys should stop buy mechs and start adding more friends or we will farm you !! Posted Image

PGI should make another faction play lobby like 8 vs 8 - just for : solo players -SAME WE HAVE IN QUICK DROPS!! let us choose !!! its a game !!

they are some very good solo players that stop playing because they didnt want to join unit or groups just to have a chance for simple enjoyable gaming experience.. very good and love the game,but stop playing
pug life alone vs 12 men ... no fun here .. not for long!!

now ... ppls start saying here that - pgi cant do that because not enough players to fill 2 lobbys
well look around .. you living in dream world .. ghosting and farming pugs all around (Trolling) .. game dying

p.s - we pugs.. prefer ghosts over 12 trolls

Baseball is a game as well.

I hear the MLB pays incredibly well for people who play this game....

What I would like is to be able to play baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays and for them to make it possible for me to do so using larger baseballs and aluminum bats. If they could just change the game based around my skill level, because hey it's just a game afterall, then I could be rich!!!

Oh and don't bother me with practice or meeting up with the team or any coaching what-so-ever. I just want to be able to show up and play.

Oh yeah and instead of cleats I am going to gimp myself purposely by using shoes from the 1800s in my baseball 'lore' setup.

#34 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

View Posttker 669, on 08 November 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Baseball is a game as well.

I hear the MLB pays incredibly well for people who play this game....

What I would like is to be able to play baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays and for them to make it possible for me to do so using larger baseballs and aluminum bats. If they could just change the game based around my skill level, because hey it's just a game afterall, then I could be rich!!!

Oh and don't bother me with practice or meeting up with the team or any coaching what-so-ever. I just want to be able to show up and play.

Oh yeah and instead of cleats I am going to gimp myself purposely by using shoes from the 1800s in my baseball 'lore' setup.

Hey, but if they did that, so many more people would play baseball!

That's the key to success - keep lowering the bar until everyone can win.

#35 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Mischief, buddy, you deserve your own warhorn for how tirelessly you try to help, suggest ideas, etc. Good grief you've got patience; I hate everyone a little more every time I read the forums Posted Image

#36 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 08 November 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Keep your dying game mode out of quick play...
We don't need it or you want to kill QP as well.
In Quik play real mech pilots play solo vs solo and group vs group, go seal club else wear.

My bad for maybe not putting enough context on that statement or lining it up with some other posts because I didn't want to retype everything.

We can all agree that the population split over the timezones can result in some significant wait times.
Contributing to that is the various divides in game that further split the population and magnify the wait times.
We have solo quick play.
We have group quick play.
We have Scout mode in Faction Play
We have Invasion mode in Faction Play.
We also have the Private lobby which is used for various 3rd party tournaments.
And we have the Competitive mode.
Add to that the addition of Solaris next year which is going to add a 1v1 and 2v2 queue in a different mode.
Splitting the queue for Faction Play so there is a solo and a group option (Presumably for both Scouting and Invasion) does nothing to help with the multitude of ways we have for splitting the population and addressing wait times.
That's one bit.

So let's consider the motivation for playing Faction Play.
Is it to earn Loyalty points?
Is it to play Siege mode?
Scouting?
Is it to use drop decks?
The possibility of a longer game?
To represent your faction?

What also typically happens when you group up for quick play?
While it is possible to end up with a very mixed group, more often than not and particularly if you are part of a unit you probably end up playing with players from the same faction, or at least players on one side or other of the Clan/IS border.
So, if you are in a group of all Clan or all IS players using those mechs, what real difference is there?

However, I am also keen to see some changes to the way Faction Play functions at the match maker level.
I would prefer to see a free for all system which enforces a group of players to all be from the same individual house or clan. ie. No mixed groups.
If we had that situation right now in the Group Queue for Quick Play we would have match ups of Clan vs Clan and IS vs IS and Clan vs IS.
We would get tier matching (If that helps) and could earn loyalty points.
If the quick play modes didn't use the drop decks then we eliminate spawn camping.

So it would only leave the discussion around how to integrate Scouting and Siege.

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 November 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Nothing needs merged.

Just make the FP maps/modes available in QP so people who want respawns and such can play those modes with a MM and no real impact on anything.

But what does that actually help and how would you do it?
Scouting is 4v4 so how would you integrate that mode?
Restrict group limits to a lance?
Or would it just be interesting as a 12 v 12 mode that has an extraction option triggered by the intel?
How would you add Siege?
The defensive bonuses might not be practical for one wave to get through, so does it become the Counter Attack version of Siege instead? What does that help?
Or do you have the selection of that mode trigger drop deck selection?

Further to that, if the Invasion modes and maps were added to quick play I think you could pretty much close the door on Faction Play entirely given that the selection of factions is almost meaningless, the career paths leave a lot to be desired and the map itself has lost value.

Edit: though it would be interesting to try out the other modes on the Siege maps.

Edited by 50 50, 08 November 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

FP maps/modes in QP would be hell on earth for most FP team members because every match would play out like the worst nightmare of a skittle match. I think you would find only the pugs who, to be honest, really shouldn't be in and probably don't enjoy FP would play in it.

Conversely you'd have more people in FP playing more often - plenty of the remaining unit members don't pug in FP or drop less than 12 because of so many terribads that are painful to have on your team. Likely the people left would drop more often.

If FW isn't appealing enough to draw the groups it's designed for though.... then close it. Either make it appealing for units to play in or accept that PGI was unable to deliver the content they offered and move forward.

#38 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 November 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Nothing needs merged.

Its not Quick play with respawns

Though the FW maps could add variety
aka QP has mostly Nascar maps, FW maps would add chokepoint maps
Although FW maps are pretty big and alot of people complain about that in quick play.

Could be a cheap way for pgi to add maps to QP as they already paid the 250K map fee.
Just a thought.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 08 November 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#39 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 08 November 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Its not Quick play with respawns

Though the FW maps could add variety
aka QP has mostly Nascar maps, FW maps would add chokepoint maps
Although FW maps are pretty big and alot of people complain about that in quick play.

Could be a cheap way for pgi to add maps to QP as they already paid the 250K map fee.
Just a thought.

Give them an option to pick that uses decks and respawns though.

Would also help people get used to the maps and decks without it meaning anything.

#40 50 50

• 2,145 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

When I start looking back at the original proposal for Faction Play and begin to work through details of how it might work, it's like travelling along a mobius strip.
It is such a massive multifaceted monster with so many overlapping features to consider that it is no wonder the mode is where it is now. You can't change one aspect without it requiring a change to another area and on it goes.

@MischiefSC
Maybe.
Group play forces you to group up so there are no skittles being the solo players mixed in.
Nothing stopping a group of mixed players forming, though it would be worth looking into restricting that to groups of a single faction for the purpose of adding depth to the factions.
If groups are limited to a lance, then while it might be possible to sync drop a full company (12 players) they will only end up in the same team if there is another company in another faction to give the 12 v 12.
That also allows the integration of Scouting pretty easily.

I can see a lot of benefits to it and more ways to bring in depth than I can for FP as it is now without a complete overhaul.

Also, why not let it mean something? (I am assuming you mean things like earning LP, contracts and careers, capturing planets etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users