#1 Mr Snrub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSome place far away

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Hello.

Every time I unlock my arms and try to play LIKE A REAL PRO, the Crosshair and the Circle blur into each other and I don't know wich is wich.

Would it be possible to maybe make the IS circle orange and the Clan one purple (just an example)? As an option, of course, not forced.

Unless keeping track of the Circle is meant to be part of 'the skill', in wich case ignore my potatoey request.

Goodbye, thanks for reading.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

PGI needs more options in general. Overwatch, for example, has a lot of options regarding the color, and shape of the cursor.

#3 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

I find the comeplete lack of custimization cockpit options disheartening.. the mwo cockpit is pretty stale..Of the monitors serve any purpose than being blinking lights. Would be great if the monitors actually show relevent information.

The elite dangerous cockpit is super cool.. when you look at certain way the navigation panel or info pop up. Simple yet intriguing.

Edited by Natred, 03 November 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#4 Mr Snrub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSome place far away

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostNatred, on 03 November 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

I find the comeplete lack of custimization cockpit options disheartening.. the mwo cockpit is pretty stale..Of the monitors serve any purpose than being blinking lights. Would be great if the monitors actually show relevent information.

The elite dangerous cockpit is super cool.. when you look at certain way the navigation panel or info pop up. Simple yet intriguing.

Yeah, it's the lack of simple, userfriendly changes - and the over the top celebration of useless ones, like nonsense monitors or decals - that made me lose faith in the devs.

More than their lack of matches, this is what makes me believe they don't care much about their game.

(Not that I think every minor suggestion, like mine here, has to be implemented immediately - or at all - but it adds up when you see the overall clunkyness.)

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

Don't worry! They know the community wants colour blind support and GUI tweaking options, they just don't know how much to charge for them yet.

#6 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 04 November 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Don't worry! They know the community wants colour blind support and GUI tweaking options, they just don't know how much to charge for them yet. to code it.

FTFY.

No, seriously (smartass software engineer, here):
In a "properly written" software, such things are nothing more than setting a color value.
However, that is not how software development works, usually.
Usually, such things are done by some out-of-the-box solution already developed by someone else. AFAIK, most games use something called "scale form" for their GUI. Such solutions are often very limited. E.g. you cannot set color values for the UI elements to be rendered at all, but only finished images that are simply displayed. Because it was easier for the lazy GUI developer guys to code. That in turn means you would have to create one set of GUI images for every color desired. If colors should be mixed, the combinations would explode into infinity. If the colors should even change depending on actual logic, it's just not doable at all.
It COULD of course be compensated by making a colorless UI, then tint the images with a custom color and give those colored images to the UI code. However that would, you guessed it, require someone with proper coding skills. So you hit another wall, there.

In the end, it boils down to "We didn't write the UI framework ourselves, we don't have the time or the skill to do it, we just painted the images and they are fixed. Sorry."

Edited by Paigan, 04 November 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#7 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

And yet, I am able to change crosshair look and colour in UT. Original one from 1999.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users