Scouting Dropdeck

24 replies to this topic

#1 Evengar Dragonis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Hello.
Can you consider restoring back the tonnage limit for clans in scouting to 55 tons?
1. Stormkrow OP? - They released Bushwacker. Really very powerful 'Mech.
2. The XL engine of the OP clans? - Look LFE.
3. Also recall that the skill tree gives more bonuses for Inner Sphere technology.
4. We must wait for the results of the current event, but the clans lost for Luthien in Scouting.

Total # of Scout Matches

Total # of Scout Match wins

Clan: 6050

IS: 7023

https://mwomercs.com...hien-statistics

I do not know why this is happening, but the "Assassin" 'Mech is very difficult to kill. And there is a lot of him in scouting.
Artemis is nerfed, as a result, the "Huntsman" with the SRM became worse than the war.

You may not agree with me, but please consider that the Sphere technology is 3060 stronger than at 3050.
Thank you for attention.

Edited by Leonid, 01 November 2017 - 02:58 AM.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:58 AM

There's nothing wrong with the weight balance, its totally a lack of quality players in clan mechs playing the scout mode.

#3 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:41 AM

I love seeing folks mention the IS LFE as being equivalent to the Clan XL - it is not in any aspect other than survivability; without the use of an XL the IS mech is more often than not out maneuvered by speed alone. It is speed and overall firepower that give the Clan mechs their greatest benefit over pilot and team skill. The Stormcrow moves at 97KPH, to get anywhere near that with a BSW requires an XL and it is still a few KPH slower with lower firepower etc. etc.

I would take four of our guys (BCMC) in Clan scouting mechs over four BSW's at any time. The Huntsman/Nova combo can, and does, completely eradicate BSW legs in an alpha. Scouting (and frankly the rest of CW) is lost with bad team play and pilot skill on both sides, all other things are more or less "equal" in that area of the game, but this has been beaten to death *shrug*.

Play as IS, it'll make you a better Clan pilot :)

#4 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 02 November 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

I love seeing folks mention the IS LFE as being equivalent to the Clan XL - it is not in any aspect other than survivability; without the use of an XL the IS mech is more often than not out maneuvered by speed alone. It is speed and overall firepower that give the Clan mechs their greatest benefit over pilot and team skill. The Stormcrow moves at 97KPH, to get anywhere near that with a BSW requires an XL and it is still a few KPH slower with lower firepower etc. etc.

I would take four of our guys (BCMC) in Clan scouting mechs over four BSW's at any time. The Huntsman/Nova combo can, and does, completely eradicate BSW legs in an alpha. Scouting (and frankly the rest of CW) is lost with bad team play and pilot skill on both sides, all other things are more or less "equal" in that area of the game, but this has been beaten to death *shrug*.

Play as IS, it'll make you a better Clan pilot Posted Image

My Bushwacker X1 is better than anything I could bring to a scouting match. More firepower. Stronger armor. I can take legs off mechs in seconds.

#5 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

I've been playing scouting mode all day and have a total of 10 loot bags. It's nothing but BW's destroying clan mechs before we even get to fire a couple of times.
But I guess that's what pgi wants. It's a brawling mode made for IS brawlers.

#6 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Nova with 8 hml’s will destroy those bushwackers before they kill you if you get their legs.

Edited by Lovas, 02 November 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Bushwacker > All the available clan brawling options

Nova doesn't stand a chance. Inb4 someone wants to 1v1 me *again* over it and lose.

Really though, its mathematically true, take a look at how much the quirks give to the Bushwacker's legs and how they are already higher than a 50 ton mech's base values and then look at how the armor quirks further boost the amount of armor you gain when the skill tree armor and structure is added. My Bushwacker's legs have 105 health each.

Nova is old news, heavily nerfed from the glory days of 12 SPL, even the ERSL build is nerfed with longer durations. Nova with 12 ERSLs with heat gen, cooling, and heat containment nodes gets a total of 245 damage (15.1 DPS) before overheating out over the course of about 16 seconds. You'd have to make sure not to spread much of those IS ERLL duration small lasers if you want that kill.

In this same time the Bushwacker has 14.4 DPS with quad ASRM6, Nova's legs are a bit squishier with only 96 health each with maxed skill tree.

Seems semi balanced, Bushwacker getting slightly less DPS while Nova gets slightly more firepower while both spread damage through different methods, all up until we realize that the Bushwacker build gets all this but still has tonnage left over for extra weaponry such as a flamer or two to crush any hope of the Nova keeping its DPS up or a pair of RL20s to just slap the nova with 80 damage off the bat so you can rip a leg or side torso off in the first half second of the fight.

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostLovas, on 02 November 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Nova with 8 hml’s will destroy those bushwackers before they kill you if you get their legs.

8 HMLs have even less DPS than 12 ERSL, both sustained and maximum and 80 damage isn't enough to break a Bushwacker's leg, and the duration on HMLs is much longer than on ERSLs so it will have more waste damage.

#9 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Not if you work as a team. Those bushwackers have ammo in their legs, easy to kill one with ammo explosion and xl engine. If they are running lfe’s all the better because they had to sacrifice something for the weight.

Bushwackers are the best the IS can field and they are very strong, but not unbeatable.

What the hml’s give the nova over smalls is range. You can take out a leg before the busshi’s srm’s are in range.

Edited by Lovas, 02 November 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostLovas, on 02 November 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Not if you work as a team. Those bushwackers have ammo in their legs, easy to kill one with ammo explosion and xl engine. If they are running lfe’s all the better because they had to sacrifice something for the weight.

Bushwackers are the best the IS can field and they are very strong, but not unbeatable.

What the hml’s give the nova over smalls is range. You can take out a leg before the busshi’s srm’s are in range.

Those pilots aren't too experienced with scouting if they are still bringing ammo in the legs. Also the Bushwacker can bring an LFE without making any significant sacrifice, rather its usually the best option, as it allows you to deadside.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b4d96884e5995b

Full slot use, full tonnage use, runs faster than the Nova, >50% cooling, >50 damage SRM alpha, deadside, ammo up to regulation, artemis included, no ammo explosions from being shot in the legs.

If a team all focus fired on one guy they could break a leg off before he gets into range if your enemy decided to just make a run at you while you have a clear 500m+ no man's land, though most of the time the range advantage gets negated by terrain in scouting anyway. Still, even if you do have that range you'll only be able to fire at 406 m if all 4 of you a perfectly accurate and all hit the same leg with full burn to take out one leg on one bushwacker. Next shot is in 7.45 seconds, Bushwackers move at 23 M/S, so they have moved forward 171m by the time your team is ready to fire again (except that one guy with a broken leg), so by the time you are ready to fire a second shot they have moved into SRM range and by wasting heat on a shot that was not at optimal damage your team is set to overheat before they can put out the damage required to win.

With the rocket launcher + SRM alpha each bushwacker does have a chance to flat out one shot the CT of the Nova, though due to spread its more likely that they'll have to fire an extra shot from the SRMs to finish the job. I have one shotted Hunchback IICs before with the build, its absolutely brutal against boxy hitboxes.

Really though, the math definitely isn't favoring the Clans and neither are the win rates in scouting.

#11 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

Everything in this game has a counter, if your personal scouting kryptonite is facing 4 bushwackers (griffins, etc) plan on facing those in choosing your pre-drop mechs and strategies...adjust...

A big problem I see in Clan Pug drops is their is much less synergy in what pilots bring. Some bring long range, some brawl...some focus legs, some torsos....etc. All this is a recipe for disaster. The IS is currently far more synergistic in PUG drops, which in a sense is purely accidental (as pugs don't usually try to coordinate). The often accidental coordination occurs in that while they didn't talk about what to bring (or even think about others) they still probably all brought brawl. So, it often works out for IS in pug matches.

#12 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

Bushwhackers dont bother me, when the IS vs IS event kicked of 12DG in 4 x ASN-21 were almost impossible to beat, so we created a new strategy which works.
Against clans my unit wins 9 out of 10 matches and we dont use bushwhackers at all, just team play.
The BSW has half it's weapons in the arms and the torsos have the same health as the legs, so change what you are shooting at.
The huntsman is still ridiculous (and in my opinion better than the stormcrow anyway) and Novas are still brilliant in all game modes.
I have seen clan teams trying to bring kiting Shadowcats recently, mixed drops of LRMs / ATMs and brawlers etc. there are plenty more options on the table than just "lets out alpha our opponents". Thats what 12DG did to my guys (assassin legs are really hard to hit) and we adapted a new counter tactic, im looking forward to the next round of davion vs. steiner to try new tricks to even the playing field.

#13 Jesusguy

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

@UnKnownPlayer

You clearly have no concept of how to win at scouting. High Alpha is what matters. PERIOD. ATMs and LRMs really?

#14 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

The only reason that high alpha is the way to win is because everyone brings high alpha, playing to the meta means you will have to be more meta to win, you need to think outside the box if someone brings something which has a clear advantage, if the enemy brings long range snipers to invasion you go fast mediums to rush and kill them, if the enemy has short range weapons you bring long range to counter with the speed to reposition.

The key is to work as a team, if the strat is good and everyone is together then it will win, if you are not working together then you will need to be high alpha and brawl your enemy down and individual skill will matter more.

Edited by UnKnownPlayer, 03 November 2017 - 12:59 AM.

#15 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

View PostLovas, on 02 November 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Ammo explosions are super rare, if you are counting on those... well good luck with that.

#16 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostJesusguy, on 02 November 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

@UnKnownPlayer

You clearly have no concept of how to win at scouting. High Alpha is what matters. PERIOD. ATMs and LRMs really?

LOL

No really, have to point at you and laugh.

Not only for your ignorance for all to see but also for questioning Unknowns skill as a pilot.

/pointat and laugh.

LOLOLOL

#17 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 03 November 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

LOL

No really, have to point at you and laugh.

Not only for your ignorance for all to see but also for questioning Unknowns skill as a pilot.

/pointat and laugh.

LOLOLOL

Jesusguy does have a slightly higher win rate, maybe its working out for him.

#18 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 03 November 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Jesusguy does have a slightly higher win rate, maybe its working out for him.

0.88 vs my 3.69?

and ive only been Merc for 3 days and im 75% of his KMDDs.

I mean im open to challenge from anyone but the stats dont paint a pretty picture in this case.

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 03 November 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

0.88 vs my 3.69?

and ive only been Merc for 3 days and im 75% of his KMDDs.

I mean im open to challenge from anyone but the stats dont paint a pretty picture in this case.

Was checking out total stats rather than just recent.

#20 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

thats quick play if you mean on the website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users