Thanatos Mounts Vs Side Torsi

43 replies to this topic

#21 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about 75tons of walking side torso filled with gimptech guns. Its not going to be anywhere near as bad *** as CTF's (OMFG THOSE QUIRKS) or BLKN's (YOU SEEN THOSE HIGHMOUNTS BRAH?)

But hey once more unto the breach and all that, clanners stats arnt going to pad themselves!

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 06 November 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Food for thought.
We are a full week before Than's release yet we get a teaser, akin to Bushies.
That hasn't been happening a whole lot as of late.
Sales?

Gotta keep the players interested in inferior IS mechs. Otherwise, they'll only buy Clan mechs, and that means bad news for PGI. :P

#23 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostxVLFBERHxT, on 06 November 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Nova Cat legs. I think MWO can handle only 2 leg joints (Cataphract/ Warhammer). 3 is a problem (Uziel/ Nova Cat). But we will see...

I believe huntsmans have 3-joint legs and they animated properly. Why they did not used the same design and animation in nova cat is a mistery.

#24 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:31 AM

I am confused, hero only has 1E per torso, so did they just bump it up for the hero (you can clearly see the lower E hard points...) Will this be a hero only thing with them as destroyed and replaced up top (as the lore of the hero is thing s a bit cobbled together after so many battles on planet...) Or are all Thanay's having their hardpoints set thay high...which honestly idk what to think cause performance wise yes cool, but I likes the artwork where they were alot more.

#25 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 07 November 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

I believe huntsmans have 3-joint legs and they animated properly. Why they did not used the same design and animation in nova cat is a mistery.

You have a point here. I like the Huntsman movement too, but i am to afraid to buy after the Uziel & Nova Cat.

#26 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostCK16, on 07 November 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

I am confused, hero only has 1E per torso, so did they just bump it up for the hero (you can clearly see the lower E hard points...) Will this be a hero only thing with them as destroyed and replaced up top (as the lore of the hero is thing s a bit cobbled together after so many battles on planet...) Or are all Thanay's having their hardpoints set thay high...which honestly idk what to think cause performance wise yes cool, but I likes the artwork where they were alot more.

Can you imagine the outcry if only the Hero and TNS-4P get to use the higher mounts?

#27 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:37 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 07 November 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

Can you imagine the outcry if only the Hero and TNS-4P get to use the higher mounts?

You bet your butt I would be irate about that. Especially considering how the hero is already better than the TNS-4S in every way to begin with.

-TNS-HA (the hero variant)
-gets 5 energy and 5 missile, granted it'll rarely use full 5 missile slots but its still a very nice possibility to have

-TNS-4S (the 1st variant of the standard pack, also the Collector special variant)
-only gets 4 energy and 2 missile, can't even do MRM60 to save itself because of actuators

So aside from some unknown nonsense quirks to serve as its crutches, what does the TNS-4S get that the hero doesn't? Both have the same engine cap, the same amount of jump jets, both of them get ECM for Pete's sake!

#28 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostNomad One, on 07 November 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

You bet your butt I would be irate about that. Especially considering how the hero is already better than the TNS-4S in every way to begin with.

So aside from some unknown nonsense quirks to serve as its crutches, what does the TNS-4S get that the hero doesn't? Both have the same engine cap, the same amount of jump jets, both of them get ECM for Pete's sake!

It could have been even worse, the Thanatos Hero has a lore loadout with 9M, not 5M.

#29 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 November 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Gotta keep the players interested in inferior IS mechs. Otherwise, they'll only buy Clan mechs, and that means bad news for PGI. Posted Image

I've actually bought all of the Thanatoses (Thanati?).

I expect to spend a very frustrating week trying to master some of them while getting my head repeatedly kicked in by HBK IICs with 78-point 450 m laser alphas, shortly followed by my parking them all in the hangar for ever and swearing at myself for buying IS rubbish again.

#30 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 06 November 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

I am concerned it will be very susceptible to headshots.

I'd be more worried in my Cyclops about it, yet it almost never gets hit in the head.

View PostCK16, on 07 November 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

The Hero's energy points would be by the nips. It will likely, however, have a lot of boxes strapped to the arm for all those missile hardpoints.

#31 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

Im just going to to the 200 alpha doom fist. Hate me all you want but it will be glorious. \o/

#32 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

seems like only the reinforcement variants are even worth it tho

#33 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

I like the artwork ... will need armour quirks for them giant ST's...

Edited by chucklesMuch, 07 November 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#34 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 07 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

I like the artwork ... will need armour quirks for them giant ST's...

Unless its physical size is quite small because of its larger volume (from thic legs, and box like torso structure).

#35 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostAthom83, on 07 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Unless its physical size is quite small because of its larger volume (from thic legs, and box like torso structure).

Even then.

#36 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

ECM mecs rarely get armor quirks. Pgi see ecm as a giant I Win item.

#37 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 07 November 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

ECM mecs rarely get armor quirks. Pgi see ecm as a giant I Win item.

Ya but something tells me this one is going to get some special treatment. It's got some decent hard points but overall not great hardpoints, is competing with the iconic Marauder for a spot with some funky hitboxes. I'm thinking some good armor/structure side torso quirks with minimal on the ct. Also bonus to mrm spread or cooldown.

#38 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Why do the shoulders have to be so freakin' big? Can we please make an IS mech that doesn't have shoulders that fall off when someone looks at them funny? We don't need a Timberwolf. You clanners can keep that.

#39 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Those hitboxes.

Add the fact that PGI always overvalues jumpjets and ECM = no quirks on this mech.

This mech will be the worst heavy mech you can ever get, by a large margin. Orion or Orion IIC would be better choice.

#40 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 07 November 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Why do the shoulders have to be so freakin' big? Can we please make an IS mech that doesn't have shoulders that fall off when someone looks at them funny? We don't need a Timberwolf. You clanners can keep that.

Posted Image

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users