What do you think?

#2 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

THICC

They did good, very true to the art. Heck the left arm might even be a little higher than in the art.

#3 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

I hope the leg animation for the Thanatos is better than that of the Nova Cat. Actually, I hope they fix the leg animation for the Nova Cat in the upcoming patch.

#4 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

On the one hand, I feel like nitpicking that the side torso mounts are where they're not supposed to be. On the other, those cockpit level side torso hardpoints may be the second thing that salvages this chassis (along with superbly generous armor and structure quirks).

Unless they suddenly decided to give the Thanatos extra weapon hardpoints (which would help the garbage TNS-4S variant immensely), only the TNS-4P variant will actually utilize the "proper/ canon" hardpoint locations.

#5 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:33 AM

CT seems easy to aim for though, cockpit as well. But a nice mech.

#6 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:43 AM

My eyes still bleed when i look at asymetrical arms, i would buy it if not for that.

#7 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

Another worthless mech for IS, yay!

#8 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:55 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 07 November 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Another worthless mech for IS, yay!

Compare to the recent Blacklanner?.....

Also no mech is useless. We have far more worthless....I am going to keep my mouth shut, to many feels to be hurt here

#9 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostCK16, on 07 November 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

Compare to the recent Blacklanner?.....

Also no mech is useless. We have far more worthless....I am going to keep my mouth shut, to many feels to be hurt here

You gonna say you have more worthless mechs? That's not really true anymore, in fact I struggle to think of a bad Clan mech. Truth be told, the floor is about the same for both Clan and IS, but the Clan ceiling is higher. Except for the Heavy class, IS heavy floor is definitely lower (all the Clan heavies are currently pretty good).

And... The Black Lanner has plenty of hard points to boat light weapons. It will be fine.

#10 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

So glad I got the preorder (I get mechs for their looks not usability Posted Image).

#11 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

Ugliest UM-R68 I’ve ever seen - and 45 tons too heavy!

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

https://mwomercs.com...-vs-side-torsi/

#13 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

I prefer waiting until i see it in motion.

It has the same leg-structure as the Nova Cat and Nova Cat is one of the most horribly animated mechs in the game.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 November 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

You gonna say you have more worthless mechs? That's not really true anymore, in fact I struggle to think of a bad Clan mech. Truth be told, the floor is about the same for both Clan and IS, but the Clan ceiling is higher. Except for the Heavy class, IS heavy floor is definitely lower (all the Clan heavies are currently pretty good).

And... The Black Lanner has plenty of hard points to boat light weapons. It will be fine.

Your right and your wrong.

The Omnipod system on most Clan mechs tends to mean that you can come up with at least one semi-decent build for each and every chassis so it is hard to look at a Clan Omni-mech and say it is outright bad. This isn't true for IS mechs which, due to locked hardpoints, means that a greater proportion of IS mechs tend to be just straight up below average or outright bad. However the issue is that people tend to want to point to this and use it to promote the idea that Clan mechs are superior. The real situation is that probably 60%, maybe even as high as 75% of IS mechs are as good or better than anything the Clan has in their arsenal.

As far as the Thantos, it is hard to predict. It seems like it would be pretty easy to protect the CT but might be very vulnerable to ST destruction which is an issue in its own right. On the other hand it could also mean that through proper twisting the Thantos will be very tanky as you might be able to easily spread damage across all 3 torso sections. Also the arms are fairly large so they will absorb at least some of the damage as well. Then on top of that you have ECM which while not as powerful as it use to be, is still pretty powerful especially since most people tend to fire at mechs with the bright red bracket around them first. In any case, this is a very "Wait and See" mech that could go either direction and I feel there is no way to predict how good or bad it will be until it is in a real match.

#15 Bannok Vrax

Rookie

• The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

D.O.A.
Unless a crap ton of quirks for armor/structure its just free damage.

#16 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 07 November 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Then on top of that you have ECM which while not as powerful as it use to be, is still pretty powerful especially since most people tend to fire at mechs with the bright red bracket around them first.

Yah, I notice nowadays I have to yell at people to shoot at the mechs without the Doritos Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese flavors. Also, I expect a SA build for one of them right off the bat.

View PostBannok Vrax, on 07 November 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

D.O.A. Unless a crap ton of quirks for armor/structure its just free damage.

Lol, no.

#17 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

6 new ECM IS Heavies, can't wait to sink my teeth into these guys. The art work does look very good. Hope its not too tall.

#18 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

The real situation is that probably 60%, maybe even as high as 75% of IS mechs are as good or better than anything the Clan has in their arsenal.

Once again, I find myself wanting to play the game some other people are describing, because it certainly isn't MWO.

60% - 75% of IS 'mechs are equal to or better than the best Clan 'mechs?

So of 284 IS 'mechs in game (please correct me if that count is wrong), you think between 170 and 213 are at least as good as an ACH, HBK-IIC, HMN, NVA, EBJ, HBR, LBK, MAD-IIC, MCII, SNV and/ore KDK?

I can't even...

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 07 November 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#19 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Your right and your wrong.

The Omnipod system on most Clan mechs tends to mean that you can come up with at least one semi-decent build for each and every chassis so it is hard to look at a Clan Omni-mech and say it is outright bad. This isn't true for IS mechs which, due to locked hardpoints, means that a greater proportion of IS mechs tend to be just straight up below average or outright bad. However the issue is that people tend to want to point to this and use it to promote the idea that Clan mechs are superior. The real situation is that probably 60%, maybe even as high as 75% of IS mechs are as good or better than anything the Clan has in their arsenal.

As far as the Thantos, it is hard to predict. It seems like it would be pretty easy to protect the CT but might be very vulnerable to ST destruction which is an issue in its own right. On the other hand it could also mean that through proper twisting the Thantos will be very tanky as you might be able to easily spread damage across all 3 torso sections. Also the arms are fairly large so they will absorb at least some of the damage as well. Then on top of that you have ECM which while not as powerful as it use to be, is still pretty powerful especially since most people tend to fire at mechs with the bright red bracket around them first. In any case, this is a very "Wait and See" mech that could go either direction and I feel there is no way to predict how good or bad it will be until it is in a real match.

People say Clan mechs are superior because the best Clan Heavies are better than the best IS heavies, the best Clan Assaults are better than the best IS assaults, the best Clan lights are better than the best IS lights, and the best Clan mediums are better than the best IS mediums, except for at brawling.

#20 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:54 AM

My word... that RL arm is glorious.
Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users