Will This Run Mwo Well?

23 replies to this topic

#21 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

The Nvidia I have is on my home PC tower in the house. My work computer is a company-owned laptop. They do some form of activity monitoring, so I would not want to install any games or non-work related programs on it.

Thus the need for another computer (or a remote station, as I tried) for the home office space out in the workshop.

#22 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

If you want something for gaming that will carry you through the next few years you will have a hard time getting anything that runs MWO or a more modern game with medium FPS (40+) at medium settings below a price tag 600-800 USD

And as far as I could see that's twice of what you want to spend.

And the answer is a loud and clear "NO" non of the above mentioned PCs will run a modern days "game" if you define modern "game" as non browser or non retro 8bit remake game.

The PC I posted in the 3rd post from top is no snobism gaming nice to have but rather a low end gaming pc that will stay at the medium to lower end performance region for the next 3-5 Years.

#23 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Any additional info?

#24 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 07 November 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

https://www.newegg.c...=9SIA9UW5MB0896

Specs on the graphics card aren't straight up comparable, and threading/processor stuff is confusing. I stopped following all these details 10-15 years ago.

Does this at least meet the recommended specs, so that I can count on good graphics and frame rate with no issues?

No you'll be dissapointed, dont get it. MWO is probably the worst optimized game out there you need a new pc/cpu and GTX1050 or better for any kind of decent FPS, its just the cold truth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users