Countdown To Thanatos Release Nov 14Th!

110 replies to this topic

#101 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:04 AM

Nice job on the walking animation, looks fluid and dynamic.
I can´t say much about the cockpit. Was the view zoomed in?
It would be nice to have a go with HUD-Elements for comparison.

#102 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

but i think only 2 joints of the thanatos are moving. we will see...

#103 reQu1em

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

I am not happy with the Thanatos. I have taken a couple of variants out, including the hero, the hitboxes on the side torso are just too pronounced. I get the whole side ripped off far too easily. [/color]

Edited by reQu1em, 15 November 2017 - 02:44 AM.

#104 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:13 AM

I really love the model, its a fantastic looking mech - and the chrome disc's behind the knee's Posted Image looks super heavy and thickly armoured - a real mans mech!

On the feild I have had some great games. Still playing with STD, Light & XL's, as a sniper (2xER & Guass - stood on the overlooking ledge in Ruby and the enemy team just ignored me ~ a snipers paridise, you know when there are just Too many fat, juicey targets of opportunity..!!) as brawler (AC 20) and everything else between!!

Very versitle, great mech thx o7

#105 Nekkriss

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

I've run a couple of the thanatos so far, it seems to fall apart fast when I've got the other teams attention but if not focused its about average. I don't XL her so losing a side is not an issue and can dead side it, turn speed is a bit of an issue for that (shes slow). Think it will perform much better when skilled up but its still a fun mech.

#106 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostNexuzz, on 15 November 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

I've run a couple of the thanatos so far, it seems to fall apart fast when I've got the other teams attention but if not focused its about average. I don't XL her so losing a side is not an issue and can dead side it, turn speed is a bit of an issue for that (shes slow). Think it will perform much better when skilled up but its still a fun mech.

Yes, pretty much every mech feels rather sluggish and dead in the water without skill points, which makes leveling them in higher tier matches frustrating. Just try an unskilled Night Gyr these days... it's the epitome of sluggishness. Even the Fatlas and Sloth Bear didn't want to play with him anymore.

I've tested a few brawl builds which look fine on paper (AC20, 4 MPL / 2 SNPPC, 3 SRM6A), but paper is actually what the side torsos are. Even if you strip the rear armor down to a blanket, one well placed alpha and all the armor is gone. Structure quirks are meaningless nowadays. So brawl can be done if properly skilled, but you have to keep in mind, that you die pretty easy.

The Thanny is a pretty decent sniper tho. Especially if you can sneak up on the enemy or the enemy ignores you. Guess that's what PGI had in mind when developing the Thanny. Dual gauss as most people are advocating can be done, but it's bad... You just don't have any sustainability or crawl around at snails pace. Also those huge ST pop so easily that gauss in general is bad idea in those mounts. Could try a gauss/2PPC build, but I'm not a huge fan of those.

#107 lilHamlet

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Single biggest waste of money I ever made on this game was this collector's pack. The hitboxes are huge. This mech has little to no quirks, and even with 5 JumpJets, it can't clear heights because heavies and assaults aren't allowed to jump. With the exception of the 5S, none of the quirks apply to the high hardpoints. This mech doesn't compete with other IS mechs much less clan tech.

Don't waste your money on this trash, there are so many mech packs out there that are better value for your money.

Edited by lilHamlet, 16 November 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#108 Bud Beers

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

Wow, what a huge disappointment! I bought the ultimate pack and wonder why I've waited so long for this lame mech. It looks fantastic and I like the hard points, but it goes down like it has a glass jaw. I've always been a huge supporter of this game, but my wallet is officially closed until the Thanatos issues are resolved.

Edited by Bud Beers, 17 November 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#109 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

PGI take note. Until IS XL receives the same benefit of the Clan XL in surviving the loss of a side torso, you will likely continue to see poor IS mechs.

#110 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 17 November 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

PGI take note. Until IS XL receives the same benefit of the Clan XL in surviving the loss of a side torso, you will likely continue to see poor IS mechs.

Not gonna happen. It would totally obsolete the light fusion engine.

And to be honest, that's not the problem of the Thanny, it would die just as easy as with a light engine. The side torso hitbox has to be smaller.

#111 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

actually, the problem is people keep trying to Snipe or Brawl with it. it's a midrange skirmisher. meant to stay mobile and keep firing at around 500-300m. the mech isn't the problem. My Thanny's worked out fine and survived quite well, due to a few things. one, i fit it properly, two, I actually armor angle (it's really thin from the side) and three, I keep moving. with RACs, MRMs, and ATMs on the field nowadays, you kind of have to be a moron to just stand there and shoot anymore.

the mech isn't the problem. the stupidity of pilots is. but it's easier for people to blame the mech because it couldn't POSSIBLY be their fault they suck at piloting. nooo, it HAS to be the mech's fault :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users