Kills For Bills! Qp And Fp Events!

145 replies to this topic

#61 Crazy H

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

I completed the objective for 40 Kill Assists in QP and clicked the redeem button when it was available... but nothing happened ( even after an hour ) :-(

Usually during events I get account injections between matches. This time nothing. How to fix?

#62 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

View PostCrazy H, on 12 November 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

I completed the objective for 40 Kill Assists in QP and clicked the redeem button when it was available... but nothing happened ( even after an hour ) :-(

Usually during events I get account injections between matches. This time nothing. How to fix?

I'm guessing that you clicked the "Redeem" Button on the Events Web Page? If so, the earnings are injected automatically without any Injection Notification dialogue. You'll have to manually keep an eye on your (C-Bill) and (MC) amounts to detect the increase, as well as possibly go to the 'Testing Grounds', 'Academy', or even play a match. Coming back from any of those three should cause your stuff to show the increase, even without an Injection Notification. Sorry that I don't have better information for you. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Answering questions caused by Missing Notifications..." Devnull

#63 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 November 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

I'm guessing that you clicked the "Redeem" Button on the Events Web Page? If so, the earnings are injected automatically without any Injection Notification dialogue. You'll have to manually keep an eye on your (C-Bill) and (MC) amounts to detect the increase, as well as possibly go to the 'Testing Grounds', 'Academy', or even play a match. Coming back from any of those three should cause your stuff to show the increase, even without an Injection Notification. Sorry that I don't have better information for you. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Answering questions caused by Missing Notifications..." Devnull

You can Also go to "profile" "credits" and see all rewards you account gets there.

Matt you might as well rename "Faction Play" to "Scouting Play" I have maybe played 3 matches of 12v12 faction play (My favourite game mode) since the new event system was introduced, because all your events are also doable in Scouting which takes 1/3rd of the time of 12v12 mode yet rewards the same amount...... Split Faction play events into scouting and 12 man modes seperately, stop running FP and QP events simultaneously, if you cant split FP then at least make whatever you achieve in a 12 man game get multiplied by 3 to make it as efficient as scouting mode.

If you do split scouting and 12 man then you can adjust reward amounts for time invested to be better balanced for each mode.

And are rediculously over the top time to rewards ratio if you tried to do them in 12 man mode.

#64 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:37 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 November 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Matt you might as well rename "Faction Play" to "Scouting Play" I have maybe played 3 matches of 12v12 faction play (My favourite game mode) since the new event system was introduced, because all your events are also doable in Scouting which takes 1/3rd of the time of 12v12 mode yet rewards the same amount...... Split Faction play events into scouting and 12 man modes seperately, stop running FP and QP events simultaneously, if you cant split FP then at least make whatever you achieve in a 12 man game get multiplied by 3 to make it as efficient as scouting mode.

If you do split scouting and 12 man then you can adjust reward amounts for time invested to be better balanced for each mode.

And are rediculously over the top time to rewards ratio if you tried to do them in 12 man mode.

I presume you're referring back to the ToT3 Loot Bag Event with your post? It certainly would NOT apply to this Current "Kills For Bills" Event. Heck, you might want to think about posting your thoughts over there, instead of leaving them in the wrong thread. Frankly, the CW/FW/FP part of this Current Event could probably be done in one or two matches of 12v12 Invasion, provided you get the right conditions. That, by the way, is a theory which I may decide to test. :o

On other notes, I've just been snubbed extra-hard by the MatchMaker in Group Queue with extreme (10+ minutes) waiting times, and have ended up with a large chunk of the last few hours of my Active Premium Time going completely to waste. I am now extremely angry, and this most recent issue takes another toll on my Event Review Rating just for the technical aspect being so damaging. It's now down to...

2.5/10

...because this Event now seems horribly broken. My odds of completing it as a 'Tier 2 Casual' are virtually out-the-window and nonexistent. Sadly, I would have really appreciated being able to actually earn what's up for Rewards! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "The way this is going, PGI's going to end up with this noted as another 'Worst Event Ever'..." Devnull

#65 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

I've really appreciated the event. Getting extra MC is always appreciated, and the cbill awards are substantial too. Would love to see KMDD come back as a goal, but I get that it isn't working. Any chance for some color or pattern awards anytime soon?

#66 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 12 November 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

There is no teamplay in solo queue and the solo kill challenge wrecks what little remains of the teamplay. No problem to get this by scouting, this mode is naturally developed to remind about gladiators fights. But speaking about quickplays it's naturally disaster.

I suspected this would be the case, and haven't dipped my toes in QP since the event dropped. I just don't have the time for both events, and the scouting queue seemed like it would be less stressful. I just need a bunch of assists at this point, so I can relax a bit (comparatively).

#67 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:52 AM

I also think that KMDD's should be counted.

But that is bugged evidently.

I am around 50% done with the assists by playing 3 games in QP, but I have 0 kills. I did have around 7 to 9 KMDD's though.

The KMDD number is what I usually get when I play. It is rare that I don't get at least one kill during a match. Something's not quite right.

My team damage is also up. This distresses me, as I hate dealing team damage, but now I'm pulling in 50 to 70 points of team damage because people are jumping in front of my mech while I'm firing.

I was sent to the penalty box for putting a 20 point strike into a team mates backside when he jump jetted in front of me. It didn't end well for him, but the twin volley of already fired LBX 10's didn't care and continued on in a nice ballistic manner right into his rear center torso. Blue on Blue kill notification commenced.

QP PUG isn't the best for team play, but during this event it seems non-existent. It must be time for a break....

#68 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:00 AM

Hm, felt that this was doable enough. Bring out a brawl assault for the Solos and you should be good.

#69 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

QP part finished with:
assists: 177/40
kills: 25/20
solo: 10/10

its really awfull how you have to try-hard for solokills, because on casual gaming across all weight classes 10 solos can easily take a week.
why such dull goals when you already had stuff working like lance in fomation, scouting assists, component destructions. stuff everyone in every mech can do with just a little extra effort and without having to ditch teamplay...

#70 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

5 solo kills would be much better than 10 imo. The assists could go way up.

#71 Dragonsyoung

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Fantastic event! Thanks

Finished Quick play in one session last night. knocked out faction in scout this afternoon.

Edited by Dragonsyoung, 12 November 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#72 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostDragonsyoung, on 12 November 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Fantastic event! Thanks

Finished Quick play in one session last night. knocked out faction in scout this afternoon.

You "Like" your own post?! LOL

#73 Broganos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 128 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Nice event, thank you

#74 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hi PGI, thanks for the event and the free stuff. I agree the 10 Solos in each one might be a bit much for some of the players.

Something scaled like the 100 QP and 50 FP from the last event. A little more in QP as there are more of those events and something 50-75% of that for FP.

I saw lots of people playing the event instead of the match in FP.

Overall - 1000 MC for the weekend. Awesome - 4 X 250 event sale items coming up. Thanks again.

#75 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Soloing someone, good brawl putting tons of damage on the enemy assault, then, CT is cherry red, one last strike to get the solo kill!
"Friendly" LRM boat: Let me help you with that!

Every. *******. Time. Frustrating.

#76 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

I'm really sick and tired that so many times done the most damage to a mech but someone else doing the killing blow!
I have regret that i spend so much time in this freakin event, it wasn't worthy and not fun at all.Posted Image
"Solo kill" is one of the worse objective ever!Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 12 November 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#77 Richard Schlapp

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Solo kills was a bad idea, in my opinion.
My reasoning:
Kill Assists: 153/40
Kills: 24/20
Solo Kills: 10/10

5 Solo kills would have been enough, this took too long.

#78 Nanostrike

Rookie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

I knew the "Solo Kills" objective was gonna be terrible the second I saw it and I was 110% right.

Having "Kills" by itself is bad enough, encouraging killstealing and rambo'ing instead of Teamplay. But Solo Kills are even worse, as the killsteal after you put in all the damage leads to a lot of salt.

#79 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

I really enjoyed this one. Thank you VERY much for the nice final prize.

#80 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

Assists: 127/40
Kills: 20/20
Solo: 14/10

I found Kills harder to achieve than Solo kills. Most of the Kills that got away were KMDDs.

Still, thanks for the Event! Gonna work on QP now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users