145 replies to this topic

#81 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

I done playing till this event is over people seem to have lost their IQ over it...

#82 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Finished the event yesterday. Getting solokills was kind of annoying, but well...i did it :)
Interesting sidenote: I had more fun in FP then QP. For FP I played 50% in Scouting.
QP was absolutely horrible. Not because everyone was yolomodesolokilling left and right, but my negative series of losses goes on and on. Probabilitywise everyone should have a w/l of 50% while playing solo, right? For me its like 3/10 wins, or less...

#83 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Thank you for the event with quite a bit of C-bills and a huge amount of MCs. I think the event was a bit too easy to be honest, but considering that this is a short one I think it's OK.

#84 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Events suck balls in FP and scouting. ive narrowed it down to the game modes.

#85 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

QP and FP done, thanks for the event!

#86 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

I'm surprised anyone's finishing the Event. I'm being repeatedly put by the matchmaker with teams that won't communicate with me. So it doesn't matter what game mode, where I'm positioned, or even if there's some LiveStreamer that I recognize on my team. I'm being repeatedly set up to die, and being left unable to get what's needed to complete the Event. This is testing my ability to avoid quitting MWO permanently at this point, and showing me nothing short of a total lesson in futility. <_<

Heck, I feel like there's some hazing that I'm not aware of, it's actively aimed at me, and I'm sick of it. Those of you involved, if there really is any conspiracy against me, just stop being jerks. Just for starters, I'm both physically and mentally not compatible with the same kind of Mech Loadouts as most of the rest of you. On top of that, seriously, I never try to miss matches that I'm searching for and end up involved in. Quit trying to needlessly and wrongfully attach a stigma to me, as you're just being toxic to the community. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "One can only hope I've merely just gone awfully paranoid..." Devnull

#87 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Event was EXCELLENT - thanks PGI!

#88 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

I'm surprised anyone's finishing the Event. I'm being repeatedly put by the matchmaker with teams that won't communicate with me. So it doesn't matter what game mode, where I'm positioned, or even if there's some LiveStreamer that I recognize on my team. I'm being repeatedly set up to die, and being left unable to get what's needed to complete the Event. This is testing my ability to avoid quitting MWO permanently at this point, and showing me nothing short of a total lesson in futility. Posted Image

Heck, I feel like there's some hazing that I'm not aware of, it's actively aimed at me, and I'm sick of it. Those of you involved, if there really is any conspiracy against me, just stop being jerks. Just for starters, I'm both physically and mentally not compatible with the same kind of Mech Loadouts as most of the rest of you. On top of that, seriously, I never try to miss matches that I'm searching for and end up involved in. Quit trying to needlessly and wrongfully attach a stigma to me, as you're just being toxic to the community. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "One can only hope I've merely just gone awfully paranoid..." Devnull

It's not as difficult as I thought. I did FP in only 3 invasions plus a 4th ghost drop (free c-bills yay!) no scouting, but for QP I think I did more than 20 drops, most losses steamrolled.

If you're having trouble securing kills, but are getting alot of KMDDs, try switching to pinpoint weapons and focus on CTs. If you die often, just make sure you're always on second line (some situational awareness is required here).

#89 Dave Lister

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:14 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

KMDD is bugged or would have used it.

Solo kill is fine, more challenging. It is a challenge after all.

#90 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

2 days, competition done. 1,000 MC and $10,000,000 C-Bills. Posted Image Decent.

Although we really should steer away from these solo-aspiring challenges in team-based environments...

Edited by Commander A9, 13 November 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#91 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 13 November 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Although we really should steer away from these solo-aspiring challenges in team-based environments...

It sounds good, but then the pendulum swings the other way and our success in the challenge hinges on the whims of some potatoes on the team that doesn't understand the challenge and/or doesn't care...

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#92 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

finished the event. two times.
thank god it's over..

gotta say: I met a few cool ppl I've never seen in scouting before and am glad for that. solokills in scouting was quite fun and manageable, once you have a decent group running (both IS and clan).

QP otoh - I always call it the "quickplay hell", and atm it's double that. dropping in GP solves it -a bit-, but it's still no fun.

pls don't ever use solos again for your events, pgi. it really ruins teamplay, with is scarce already without a self-organised-team.
use stuff that rewards working together, instead Posted Image

for you out there still grinding it out: group up. take this as an opportunity to finally be less rambo, more teammate.
mwo-matches are kinda like football/soccer-matches. and any rambo in a teamgame.. well.. just don't be "that guy".

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 13 November 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#93 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

I understand solo kills were used instead of KMDD because the later is bugged. I agree this solo kills are not to be repeated because they hold the very best reward and many won't get it and will be frustrated and that is the opposite of what events are for.

As someone wrote, many times, we already endure some nasty teams game after game (is there even a W/L% component in the matchmaking?) and that adds up. Harder objectives are welcome but not for the very best rewards...
I did like the event though, very good rewards.

#94 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

I'm surprised anyone's finishing the Event.
O.o
I was done with it by Saturday afternoon...

I'm being repeatedly put by the matchmaker with teams that won't communicate with me. So it doesn't matter what game mode, where I'm positioned, or even if there's some LiveStreamer that I recognize on my team. I'm being repeatedly set up to die, and being left unable to get what's needed to complete the Event. This is testing my ability to avoid quitting MWO permanently at this point, and showing me nothing short of a total lesson in futility. Posted Image
Solution: Find an external group that will take you on for the drops.

#95 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

Started the fp side of it last night, finished in under 3 hours. Strictly scouting. Not sure that I'm.going to get the qp side done tonight. And 500 mc is a huge reward and it deserves a high bar, especially with the history of great sales on the horizon. I think they set it up right.

#96 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

QP finished second day of event, but stuck in FP, need 4 more solo kills and i don't think can finish it due to real life.

#97 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

I wish more events were like the trick or treat event. At least I got something out of that only playing a few times. This event I won't likely complete anything.

#98 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

Extra note -- This Event needed to run for at least 2 more days than it is currently configured for. As it stands right now, I'm barely collecting 5 Million (C-Bills), and that will be it for me. Sadly, I really needed that (MC)... *facedesk* -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Does NOT like being slaughtered when only getting this little for their troubles..." Devnull

#99 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

For PGI:

Love the Loot bag events.
LOVE the pick a prize events.
DESPISE the "Get X Kills/Components/Whatever" Events.

This game is a TEAMWORK based game. I love playing on a team that works together to accomplish the mission goals. If both teams are doing this, it makes the game all the better, win or lose.

When my entire team is competing against EACH OTHER, we are all losers. That's what these events promote. Every player is out there trying to rack up their numbers, regardless of the other players. They don't care if their team wins, loses or the outcome after they die racing at the slowest medium with all guns blazing.

Try picturing your events being played by professional sports teams. You want to see players making a mad rush for the ball so they can get as many baskets or are you more interested in a team that plays together for the overall win?

I tried playing a couple games Friday night. When I only saw LRM boats and high alpha builds clearly built to get off 2 shots before exploding, I logged out and haven't come back. I'll be on once this event is over and people want to play as a team again.

Please PGI, promote team play and reward mission based goals, not cowboy behavior and solo focus.

Or come out with 24 vs. 24 gameplay for those who just wanna play that crap.

#100 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Nice little event. All finished, with reasonable effort as always. Thx for the free stuff again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users