3 replies to this topic

#1 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Just Wondering, why does domination have it so that destroying the secondary objectives increases your current time by 15 seconds...? surely it would make more sense to up the timer to 2 minutes or so then make the points reduce the time by 30 seconds instead, likely with increased health on the secondary objectives.

My reasoning behind this is that it not only gives a reason to try and defend the secondaries, but also a reason to attack them and thus increasing the tactical game significantly in comparison to the current, often ignored secondary objectives. (perhaps if going really far, make it so if the enemy lets theirs die and ignores yours, the point will tick down regardless of mechs inside, possibly due to the advanced systems or something on the secondaries bypassing the mechs)

Now i don't expect this to make a colossal impact on the mode as a whole, but it would give proper reason for taking out those secondaries, as well as defending them, lower the size of that circle aswell to make it more risky to gain on the enemy. (the whole thing just turns into skirmish V2.0 right now.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

The core problem with Domination is that the core objective, to sit in a green circle, is stupidly boring. It forces all combat to occur only in one location every time, and occasionally means sitting still and doing nothing.

Even with more solid secondary and control objectives most players will just choose to ignore it because it's not blowing up mechs, like the reason you stay in the circle is not to win the game, it's to keep the game going so you can blow up more mechs.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 11 November 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#3 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

The real main problem with domination is Grim Plexus and Frozen city.

On one resp point on both maps you need an armchair tactical genius and a dedicated team of tryhards to win. On other all you need is half brain functioning and a finger to press ze fire button.

Edited by Nema Nabojiv, 11 November 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#4 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

I think just by changing the circle location from match to match would help. A little more randomness would help make it less stale I think. I have more ideas for this mode but I think it would be too complex for a typical QP match.

Edited by ocular tb, 11 November 2017 - 01:28 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users