Can't Decide On A Assault Brawler

4 replies to this topic

#1 UltimaWeapon

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Although I asked a similar question a while ago, I was still a beginner, and didn't know fully what I wanted for my Mechs, but after playing for a while, I now have a better understanding of what I want. Although I have been looking at multiple, potential Assault Mechs to buy in the future, but I wanna check with the more experienced players for suggestions on what to get.

Other than what's already written in the title, here's what I "require" for my next Assault Mech:

1. Clan Only (but you can also add a IS suggestion, just in case)

2. I don't mind if it's speed is the lower end of the default speed, (48 KM/H) but preferably not lower than that.

3. (these may be very specific, but at least as close as possible)

2 Ballistic Hardpoints, (but not on the same arm, or x2 LB10-X won't fit) Strongly preferable. But if not possible, 1 Ballistic Hardpoint. (but no more than 2, however)

2~3 Energy Hardpoints

Around 4 Missile Hardpoints

4. Not too hard to fit enough Heat Sinks to achieve 1.2~1.3 in Heat Management, as well as Max Armor

(Hero Mechs are also a part of the list, if there are any that have what I want)

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

None, you preferably do not brawl with clan mechs, preferably not with Assault mechs in general and especially not with clan Assaults.

There are some Clan Assault backstabbers/assassins though.
Gargoyle and Executioner.
Both are laser boats.

But never the less there are 2 Clan Assault mechs that could do what you want.
The Kodiak Spiritbear and the Highlander IIC Keeper.

Spirit Bear
Keeper

Edited by The Basilisk, 11 November 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#3 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

I would say wait for the Mad Cat Mk.2 to come out for Cbills and get the B variant and outfit it with lbx20s and srm6s for all your brawling needs.

Edited by Sixpack, 11 November 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#4 UltimaWeapon

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostSixpack, on 11 November 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

I would say wait for the Mad Cat Mk.2 to come out for Cbills and get the B variant and outfit it with lbx20s and srm6s for all your brawling needs.

Don't you mean "#2"? (MCII-2) because the B Variant have 4 Ballistic Hardpoints (2 too many) & 2 Energy & Missile Hardpoints each. The "#2" have 2 Ballistic & Energy Hardpoints, and 4 Missile Hardpoints.

#5 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Honestley you couldn't really go wrong with either of those tbh.

It's a MC-ll we're talking about. Pick the one that works for your playstyle, and strap a build to it that fits your playstyle as well.

I can't wait for these things to come out for c-bills, I'll be saving for a while to pick up at least two of them.

It's just a great chassis, nuff said. :)

o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users