Thanatos And Rubellite Oasis Challenges Plus Daily Challenges

94 replies to this topic

#21 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

For the Thanatos event, you'll have to do 1k/2k damage over multiple matches using the specified variant.

Nice events. A bit sad that the camo pattern reward isn't available for the standard pack, but I'll probably use the mech con pattern for it - trying to get as many mechs covered as possible, that don't already have a pattern. Posted Image

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Yes if a player doesn't patch up until the weekend or is out of town until next weekend they could still buy the Thanatos and get some rewards for playing on the new map.

Hi again! Hmm... An Event with a Map-Specific Requirement, but it's set up to run for 2 Weeks? I like your thoughtful reasoning in regard to the length! I'm left with one question before I can stick an initial Event Review Rating on this, thanks to some people who got upset over past Map-Specific Event Challenges. The question is, "Will the chance of Rubellite Oasis showing up as a Map Choice be temporarily amplified during this Event?", because it would be unnecessarily hard to finish this New Event if there wasn't an adjustment made. :)

~D. V. "Time to get my facts straight ahead of time... Best to ask the Source!" Devnull

#23 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostZarock, on 15 November 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

2 weeks to complete the QP challenge? Sounds a bit long to me.. But hey, better too long than too short, right?

They take an average of the time that the whole population took to complete objectives in challenges. Probably the population has shown very low interest in the challenges or the population has bad pilots (like me LOL).

I really wish MWO was more transparent in showing numbers of players playing instead of percentages.

#24 Dace Dark

Rookie

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

I guess there's nothing much happening untill after two weeks then.... oh boy... :(

#25 Tyrsen

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostDace Dark, on 15 November 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

I guess there's nothing much happening untill after two weeks then.... oh boy... Posted Image

Don't be so sure ;)

#26 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 November 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hi again! Hmm... An Event with a Map-Specific Requirement, but it's set up to run for 2 Weeks? I like your thoughtful reasoning in regard to the length! I'm left with one question before I can stick an initial Event Review Rating on this, thanks to some people who got upset over past Map-Specific Event Challenges. The question is, "Will the chance of Rubellite Oasis showing up as a Map Choice be temporarily amplified during this Event?", because it would be unnecessarily hard to finish this New Event if there wasn't an adjustment made. :)

~D. V. "Time to get my facts straight ahead of time... Best to ask the Source!" Devnull

Yeah, a bump in the chance it came up would be nice. I had time for 3 quick games tonight and never saw it. It would be nice it it came up about 50% of the time.

#27 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostDace Dark, on 15 November 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

I guess there's nothing much happening untill after two weeks then.... oh boy... Posted Image

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 November 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I have more Challenges and Events coming. Posted Image

My guess is that there will be a bunch of things happening over the next few weeks, for one thing we should be getting a Black Friday/Cyber monday sale. And unknown events I'm guessing.

Edited by Mikayshen, 15 November 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#28 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

After running around with the 3 standard pack Thanatos a bit, it feels like they are falling way faster than some of my light or medium mechs. Needs more testing, and skill points, sure, but so far ... why did I get these? Posted Image

#29 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the Event, looks easy and simple, which is always good. Nice 5m cbills in the pocket!

#30 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 15 November 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

My guess is that there will be a bunch of things happening over the next few weeks, for one thing we should be getting a Black Friday/Cyber monday sale. And unknown events I'm guessing.

Or a upcoming Christmas special.

#31 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostBolter01, on 15 November 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

oh bugger! yer thats the first thing I have done in the past - sell the slacker

Yes, missing out on Escalation challenges was annoying because thats what I did too ☹

#32 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 15 November 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

After running around with the 3 standard pack Thanatos a bit, it feels like they are falling way faster than some of my light or medium mechs. Needs more testing, and skill points, sure, but so far ... why did I get these? Posted Image

PipPipPipPipPip
Shredder
Shredder
108 posts
LocationBelgrade

Posted Today, 09:11 AM
Becouse they are big, no armoure quirks, and they are not first line. I did not buy them. Waith in further C-bills. There is only few mech, maybe 2, or 3 good for buying. This Victor L is over powered. All in all xou will learn that MWO is free to play, and in last year free mechs are best ones. NOT PAY TO WIN. Only grind

Edited by BEARDOOM, 16 November 2017 - 12:12 AM.

#33 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

Becouse they are big, no armoure quirks, and they are not first line. I did not buy them. Waith in further C-bills. There is only few mech, maybe 2, or 3 good for buying. This Victor L is over powered. All in all xou will learn that MWO is free to play, and in last year free mechs are best ones. NOT PAY TO WIN. Only grind.

#34 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:21 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 November 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Thanks! Fixed

I have more Challenges and Events coming. Posted Image

Please, make sure Rubellite map comes up for voting on every drop.. weight it so.. you can do that now, right?

#35 reQu1em

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

Now, if we could just get some armor buffs on the currently very squishy Thanatos it might actually be usable!

#36 Blunt_Object

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

thanks for actually starting an event on a Friday for the Aussies!

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:30 AM

Well, I just found out my time available to get involved in this Event has become severely limited. So I'm not going to be able to help keep the queues loaded like I usually do. But I'll still give it a shot, even though I totally have no idea if I'll possibly finish this time. Yes, I'm definitely glad this Event is running for 14.33 Days, as that might just give me a fighting chance to pull it off. :blush:

However, all of that happening to me is not going to affect any Review Rating that I give this Event, so please stay tuned for that. I'm still waiting for an answer from Matt Newman to my question about 'Map Appearance Chance', which happens to be posted above... Good luck to everyone out there. B)

~Mr. D. V. "Less uptime, just when I didn't expect it... Event Review Rating still to come!" Devnull

#38 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

what does TSP stand for?

#39 Kojak Bear

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear