Review

7 replies to this topic

#1 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:54 AM

The map is pretty and fairly well designed. The only complaint is that it is too small.

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostSlambot, on 16 November 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

The map is pretty and fairly well designed. The only complaint is that it is too small.

I totally disagree with the size. It's perfect. Kills the NASCAR, and makes one think about flanking and maneuvering in and around the opposing team. Good job, PGI. Now for that City Map coming in 2018. Can't wait to play that.

#3 Phlynn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

I agree that it stops the Nascar. However, most matches are very stagnant and players sit at choke points waiting to alpha strike - then retreat. Several of the matches I've played felt like fighting in a doorway. The map also did a very good job of eliminating any usefulness of the support build - can't do much with LRMs between the heat, poor line of sight, and abundance of cover. I guess this is suppose to be a brawl map in an attempt to re-introduce brawling as a major component of a fight. I haven't really seen in working as most players know that the right alpha strike will either be a one-shot kill or crippling hit and they are out of the fight.

I just fought my first nascar match on the map - heavy advantage to the ballistic and mrm mechs in the match. Made short work of running in a circle. Now just need to see if the nascar favors a certain side.

Edited by Phlynn, 18 November 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#4 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostPhlynn, on 16 November 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

can't do much with LRMs between the heat, poor line of sight, and abundance of cover.

Is that supposed to be a problem?

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 18 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#5 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

You'll notice the distance between many walls and common areas where fights take place are 170meters. Things that make you go "hmm".

#6 Dan54

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

The map is good with the different heights and all but I cant help but wonder did you fully take into consideration of your demographics. I understand the low light situation to make it harder but a lot of your players are baby boomers who have the money to spend on the game . But with age comes reduced eye sight and the low light in a lot of these maps makes it hard to see even with night vision which in turn can cause them to be frustrated and quit the game and there goes your piggy bank, just an thought .

#7 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

No talk about all the crazy invisible walls on the map? They allready fix a lot of the getting-stuck issues, but I seen people sniping and taking cover with invisible walls arround all the map. They can see you before picking like if it was a wall-hack.

Edited by ThunderKats, 13 January 2018 - 09:33 AM.

#8 cyclist1994

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

I see the invisible walls as the only problem.
Idk why they didnt manage to release this map without invisible walls, because this is a known fault on other maps before Rubellite Oasis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users