#121 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 20 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

ScoutWarrior Online, here we go. :/

I'm getting really un-enthused in all this...

Actually getting 250 will be rather hard with scouting.

#122 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 20 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hmm...Atlas prize versus Night Gyr prize....Assault versus Heavy...Brawler versus Sniper...PGI, would it have killed you to hand out a Dire Wolf? Assault and Assault? Even keel prizes? Come on...

Night Gyr, 14mil cbills in the store, pretty much works straight out of the box
Atlas, 10mil cbills in the store, requires 4mil in the mech lab to work, effectively 6mil value

Clans get the better reward this time IMO

#123 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 20 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hmm...Atlas prize versus Night Gyr prize....Assault versus Heavy...Brawler versus Sniper...PGI, would it have killed you to hand out a Dire Wolf? Assault and Assault? Even keel prizes? Come on...

you obviously didnt do the math, because you have absolutely no reason to complain,

not only is the Night Gyr worth much more (about the double effective value), it is also much better than the Atlas exactly because its a heavy, not an assault who has to crawl in his effective range while being too big to find decent cover on many maps. you clanners get a very good deal, even better than in the last event.

TBH, either IS side should have gotten more than just one mech, since they have to put more efford in it or clan reward should have been reduced to a light or medium mech to balance the c-bill worth of the rewards.

Edited by Genesis23, 21 November 2017 - 12:50 AM.

#124 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:01 AM

Thank you very much PGI for this event! Posted Image

I dont know if it is coincidence, but recently we talked in our german sub-forum exactly about this topic: More interesting situations/events/rewards for IS-Loyalists to make FP more attractive again.

I think that event is a good step into the right direction, i am so motivated to burn green pigeons that i dont need a heater in my room anymore!

Tharkad is ours and will ever be!

Edited by Bishop Six, 21 November 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#125 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 20 November 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

ScoutWarrior Online, here we go. :/

I'm getting really un-enthused in all this...

Good riddance.

#126 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:32 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 21 November 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

Thank you very much PGI for this event! Posted Image

I dont know if it is coincidence, but recently we talked in our german sub-forum exactly about this topic: More interesting situations/events/rewards for IS-Loyalists to make FP more attractive again.

I think that event is a good step into the right direction, i am so motivated to burn green pigeons that i dont need a heater in my room anymore!

Tharkad is ours and will ever be!

10/10 for your optimism, i wish i had one like that too.

but lets be real here, this even will be decided by the mercs, which will play on clan side. easier to play/win with and also more rewarding considering the mech choices.

i highly doubt that some big merc companies will play IS just to prove me wrong Posted Image

wie auch immer, wünsche viel Erfolg!

EDIT: wishing lots of success to my northern neighbours in our common tongue

Edited by Genesis23, 21 November 2017 - 03:35 AM.

#127 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

250 match score is not too bad, if you are trying to play seriously. However, if you bring poorly suited mechs and/or act on your own, your score may suffer. If you drop solo and don't bring standalone mechs (b/c you may end up standing alone), you score may suffer.

Look, realistically the smart and/or good players sre going to group up and try to burn through these matches asap. It behooves us all to do the same.

#128 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:51 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 21 November 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

10/10 for your optimism, i wish i had one like that too.

but lets be real here, this even will be decided by the mercs, which will play on clan side. easier to play/win with and also more rewarding considering the mech choices.

i highly doubt that some big merc companies will play IS just to prove me wrong Posted Image

wie auch immer, wünsche viel Erfolg!

EDIT: wishing lots of success to my northern neighbours in our common tongue

Yes i am optimistic, because optimism is always better than being frustrated Posted Image

And i see a light upswing for MWO and especially for FP.

From a certain perspective as a company owner i can tell you that it takes way more time to see improvments after restructuring something. That means, skill tree, new factions, new maps, new modes, new tech etc. were delivered but imo now starts the time where we can see the upswing of growing population and less frustration. There will be always haters, because haters love hating, i dont care about them.

And the point that all big units will go to Clan:

Maybe, some for sure, but i think not all the big units will be Clan. Further there will be many Pugs and Solo-Droppers during the event and many Pugs will go Clan because most of them want to join the "winner" faction. So i expect more good units on Clan-side but also more Pugs as well on their side. We will see...

Grüezi in die Schweiz Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Six, 21 November 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#129 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 November 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

250 match score is not too bad, if you are trying to play seriously. However, if you bring poorly suited mechs and/or act on your own, your score may suffer. If you drop solo and don't bring standalone mechs (b/c you may end up standing alone), you score may suffer.

Look, realistically the smart and/or good players sre going to group up and try to burn through these matches asap. It behooves us all to do the same.

250 match score lol. Scout warrior online.

#130 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 21 November 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

250 match score lol. Scout warrior online.

Doesn't matter which mode, fastest way will be to group up or get rekd

#131 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 November 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

group up or get rekd

When isn't that the way of things? My point is that between turkey day and this allowing scouting crap its gonna be a real lame event.

#132 RealityDeviant

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:05 AM

Kinda sad with the rewards for several reasons.
Most loyalistis have already Jade Falcon Decal ( would be less bad if we had the option to choose the secondary decal).
Jade Falcon Camo for the Night Gyr all early adopters got it.
And Jade Falcon Green could have come form any of the clan wave packs.

That said, having spent money only makes me get less rewards and after "pick your reward" we had some time ago this reward system seems very obsolete. Feelsbadman.

#133 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:40 AM

The rewards are just not high enough to bother, to be used as meat for the FW meat grinder, sorry.

#134 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

Do we know the victory conditions yet? Or is it just going to be like a regular night of FW with one side last-minute diving to flip the planet, which results in a 'tie' that no one wins, but IS 'wins' due to proxy of original occupation, thus denying Clans an opportunity to counterattack, and locking down the planet, so if it happens one more time, IS 'wins the season' by stalemate?

If you're frustrated reading this, imagine how everyone else feels playing FW without result. XD

Quite frankly, I just don't care how the map looks anymore...

Edited by Commander A9, 21 November 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#135 Dragonece

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

I assume choosing a Jade Falcon contract would not qualify as being a loyalist? From a reward point of view?

#136 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostDragonece, on 21 November 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

I assume choosing a Jade Falcon contract would not qualify as being a loyalist? From a reward point of view?

Well, if it's a *loyalist* JF contract, it will... otherwise, no.

Edited by MovinTarget, 21 November 2017 - 08:55 AM.

#137 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Which will mean you're no longer a merc. You're only a loyalist if you're LOYAL to the faction. that means not swapping to whoever the highest bidder is.

#138 Dragonece

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Meant a merc JF contract.

#139 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostDragonece, on 21 November 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Meant a merc JF contract.

nope, doesn't count for faction specific rewards, to be fair, they *need* to give loyalists some benefits...

Edited by MovinTarget, 21 November 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#140 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

<Begin Rant: In my opinion:> There will be no fun for lower tier players in this event. The way the formula for match score is so horribly skewed and reduced they will just get frustrated because there is no way that most of the lower tier players can succeed in achieving that much match score in FP. Also the treatment of lower tier players by some higher tier players that seem to feel they have to constantly deride and abuse the lower tier players instead of constructively encouraging and supporting them is abominable. Put those things together and it won't be fun for them - just frustrating and grindingly abrasive. And that makes it no fun. No fun = no play. Way to go PGI. You just created an event that only higher tier players will be present in. The rest won't bother because it won't be worth their time and effort. The investment of time in FP is simply too high.

You need to rethink the way you treat your customers. Keep this up and you will only see your business dwindle because players you frustrate most certainly will not be motivated to spend their valuable time and hard earned income when they have no chance of deriving any fun or entertainment from it. Marketing 101: You must sell what the customer wants to buy at the price they are willing to pay. Otherwise they won't be your customer for very long. Ultimate success is never found in an arrogant "take it or leave it" approach to sales. Too many "big" businesses have gone out of business in the long run because they treated their customers poorly.<End Rant>

If you wish to keep lower tier players involved then you must do the same as other gaming platforms. You must increase the difficulty levels for higher tier players to succeed and decrease the difficulty for lower tier players to succeed instead of penalizing them for being low tier so that they at least have a fighting chance to do so.

Good Luck,

Edited by MegaBopper, 21 November 2017 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users