Battle For Tharkad, Event Details!

575 replies to this topic

#101 Mallorn Windstrider

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

The Holo Globe reward is Fixed.

The Main Prizes require 15 Matches of 250 Minimum Match score.
That was on purpose and will not be changed.
Want to entice players to compete in the Main Conflict and not just farm Scouting.
Although it could still be possible with Scouting only.

Thanks for the clarification. 250 in that many matches is going to be hard work. Hopefully the matchmaking system won't make me wait for as long as last time I tried to join an invasion match (it took almost 45 minutes and was so glitchy that targeting was extremely difficult).

#102 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

15 x 250 MP in FP... ??

Thanks, but... Thanks, NO! Big NO...

... That's too much playtime for my skill-level.. it's least 8 hours of hard gameplay...

If I ever want those Mechs, I will play SoloQ and just buy them for CB... (And.. probably don't even need to play the 8 hours for it..)

#103 Dat300ty

Rookie

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 17 November 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Please let it not be a cougar reward.

Nope, Night Gyr

#104 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

I'm still waiting for the Mauler from the last event ... or the Myst Lynx.

#105 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

View PostMegaBopper, on 19 November 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Well this "BATTLETECH GAME" allows for Mercenaries to be hired anyway. And as mercenaries we will take the contracts from the highest bidders. It doesn't matter who offers them. I repeat that if the I.S. wants the services of the mercenaries they need to pay up and pay well or they will find us working for the highest bidders who will often be their enemies. If you feel the clans are being dishonorable you are certainly welcome to challenge them. As for mercenaries we will do our fighting for the highest bidders.

Best Regards,

That is the problem with a system that does not force the majority of players to be loyalists. I know at one point PGI said something like letting loyalists donate C-Bills to their faction and the Merc bonus would be based on the amount donated, but I am not sure why they never implemented this. The best idea would be to only allow loyalists to donate CBills to their faction which would set the bonus for whatever Mercs fight for that faction. Of course Mercs would not be allowed to donate to a faction's "Merc fund", or that could be gamed.

#106 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

now, the irony of the IS reward here is the D-DC is actually a Draconis Combine variant, aka Kurita. the AS7-S, however, is the main Steiner variant. that said, this is the Atlas we're talking about, and it's not like the Lyrans didn't capture a ton of them over the years.

#107 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 20 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

now, the irony of the IS reward here is the D-DC is actually a Draconis Combine variant, aka Kurita. the AS7-S, however, is the main Steiner variant. that said, this is the Atlas we're talking about, and it's not like the Lyrans didn't capture a ton of them over the years.

Plus some of us already have 2+ AS7-S thanks to loyalty rewards...

#108 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Is there a way to dodge the nasty siege maps? FW Conquest, Skirmish, Incursion, etc. is actually fun. Siege is the fun-killer. I think there's some tie to how tied the contest for the planet is, but can't find it.

#109 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 20 November 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Ties are extremely unlikely!

Ends During Peek Population Hours on Sunday!

Choose a Side and Win a Mech! (not Victory Dependant!)

------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU!!!!

With the event ending during peak population, it is unlikely to end in a tie but not impossible.

#110 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 20 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

I mean this with all the respect in the world, but I don't think that's correct.

[geek on]

http://www.sarna.net...las_(BattleMech)

The -K is the Kurita variant. The AS7-D-DC is a variation of the AS7-D that had a command console. "-D-DC" doesn't stand for Draconis Combine, it stands for "AS7-D tweaked to have a command console." Why it's not "-D-CC" instead I don't know, and the BT devs may not either.

The -K and -S (3050s) and most other variants are much later variants. The 2700's-edition -D (2755) and -D-DC (2776) are old-school, pre-Exodus, pre-Succession wars Atlas. These were Kerensky's Star League Era "fear itself shall be our ally" variants. Any of the successor states could have had them.

[/geek on]

Edits: formatting for clarity

Edited by Virlutris, 20 November 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#111 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 November 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

250 is the min match score Goal for the Mechs.

Matt, can you elaborate on the "jade falcon and steel viper" thing? is leaving the vipers out of the loyalist-challenges intentional and they get their own thing later or is that just an oversight that you guys will fix?

#112 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 20 November 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Matt, can you elaborate on the "jade falcon and steel viper" thing? is leaving the vipers out of the loyalist-challenges intentional and they get their own thing later or is that just an oversight that you guys will fix?

It's been said before, that we will have some kind of loyalist events for all factions, few at a time.

#113 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 20 November 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

It's been said before, that we will have some kind of loyalist events for all factions, few at a time.

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 November 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

The Main Prizes require 15 Matches of 250 Minimum Match score.
That was on purpose and will not be changed.
Want to entice players to compete in the Main Conflict and not just farm Scouting.
Although it could still be possible with Scouting only.

That's nice I think. I mean Im okay as many players would do just scouting for the events, but sometimes people play too much of scouting only.

#114 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 20 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

I mean this with all the respect in the world, but I don't think that's correct.

[geek on]

http://www.sarna.net...las_(BattleMech)

The -K is the Kurita variant. The AS7-D-DC is a variation of the AS7-D that had a command console. "-D-DC" doesn't stand for Draconis Combine, it stands for "AS7-D tweaked to have a command console." Why it's not "-D-CC" instead I don't know, and the BT devs may not either.

The -K and -S (3050s) and most other variants are much later variants. The 2700's-edition -D (2755) and -D-DC (2776) are old-school, pre-Exodus, pre-Succession wars Atlas. These were Kerensky's Star League Era "fear itself shall be our ally" variants. Any of the successor states could have had them.

[/geek on]

Edits: formatting for clarity

ah, my mistake. thanks for the clarification.

#115 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

I think Atlas D would be a better reward, because players who already have Atlas, most probably have it as D-DC or S model. Not complaining though, thanks for the event!
P.S. Would be cool if word "scout" was included in Atlas reward.
Posted Image

#116 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 20 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the DC is for "dual cockpit", a rare modification for command mechs, which had an additional pilot. A unit commander could direct his unit without having to bother with the mechs controls that way. Or one would act as pilot, the other as gunner, making both tasks easier. Should one of them be killed, the other could take over complete control of the mech in a few seconds.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dual_Cockpit

#117 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 20 November 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Is there a way to dodge the nasty siege maps? FW Conquest, Skirmish, Incursion, etc. is actually fun. Siege is the fun-killer. I think there's some tie to how tied the contest for the planet is, but can't find it.

My least Favourite invasion mode is Skirmish, because you have to hunt down and kill any trolls hiding , or wait for the dropship so that you can kill the guy who never connected 4 times, at least other modes you can end it at like 42-12 and save everyone some time efficiency. My favourite FP mode would be Conquest, because its the most unique mode requiring specific dropdecks, followed by siege then dom then the others.

I guess we all have different opinions, however I do agree, the bar can sit for too long in one phase/mode and gets repetitive, variance makes things more enjoyable.

Sounds like matt has found a workaround to Skirmish and 12 man being One event system with the mech reward requiring a match score which will make a lot of people have to do it in FP not scouting, insignificant me approves.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 20 November 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#118 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Do we know the win conditions yet?

Please don't tell me this is going to be like a regular night of Faction Warfare...95% capture threshold to actually "win" is crap and everyone here knows it.

Hmm...Atlas prize versus Night Gyr prize....Assault versus Heavy...Brawler versus Sniper...PGI, would it have killed you to hand out a Dire Wolf? Assault and Assault? Even keel prizes? Come on...

Question. The "Loyalist" prizes seem to be tied to Factions which possess territory on the map...are Steel Vipers, Nova Cats, and Diamond Sharks going to be afforded that luxury?

Hell, Diamond Sharks and Steel Vipers actually own a planet, but we have no colors to denote our occupation...

Edited by Commander A9, 20 November 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#119 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

It's actually easier to get 250 from Scout than from Siege, due to the weird MS calculation in Invasion mode. If you just brawl in Scout using massive alpha SRMs, score around 500 damage, nab maybe 1-2 kills, and win, you will get 350+ MS. You don't even need to survive, just go out in a blaze of glory. Bring all SRMs and 2 coolshots, skilltree for max damage, cooldown, heat gen, survival, face-hug someone and unload (remember to use the coolshots), then repeat if you're still alive.

But in Invasion, you could do 2000 damage and maybe nab 5 kills, and barely cross 250 MS. Is the final MS total MS divided by four or number of fielded mechs or what?

#120 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

ScoutWarrior Online, here we go. :/

I'm getting really un-enthused in all this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users