#21 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 06 December 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

At those ranges, why not just MRM or ATM?

Cannot shot above friend probably... it help with slow mech when you are trying to keep with the team and cannot shot trough them. Using meat shield style of playing... you know lrm potato style ?

#22 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Lets see, you can fire LRMs around the hill in the center and down underneath. Call it advance LRMs or knowing the flight path the LRMs will take at certain ranges. Then knowing when to LRM underneath or even from the bottom up through the gaps and hit someone way away or just up on top.. Now ATM, they can be just evil, but you need to be fast to get out boating them or use laser vomit.

Almost forgot, MRM's or DAKKA DAKKA works fine also. A Misery with LBX 20, MRM 40 and a few ML's is a beast. Nothing says hi, nice to meet you like an 85 point alpha.

I almost forgot, getting accused of hacks due to making LRMs curve and duck under things, by exploding what you know.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 08 December 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#23 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostPJohann, on 18 November 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

This is true. And also applied to any other map.
You saying you like to play support role. Have you considered to support your team by sharing your armor? Your LRM's still do damage in medium range and you have better chance to hit enemies with them when you getting your own reliable locks, did you know that? If map doesnt caters to "i sit in zimbabwe waiting for locks" playstyle it doesn't mean map is bad. In fact it makes this map pretty good - passive camping aka "supporting" being punished.

^ This. I hate nothing more than when a Charlie lance mech takes up critical tonnage for my team by boating lrms. Second most hate for that are lrum players who tell other players to go get locks. Go get you own locks (good medium lrm mechs run a tag for a reason).

Edited by Aldodrem, 21 December 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#24 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

I LRM like mad on Rubellite. Of course, I play Tactical LRMs. If you’re not LRMing from 250 meters you’re not living! This map won’t work if your game is to hang back at 900 meters and shoot at indirect targets. Got to get in close and be ready to use your secondary weapons. Big, slow boats will not do well here.

#25 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

ah i've been lurmed on this map, if i waddle over the middle section. I don't think theres a complaint, i mean the lurms have a tough time but so does the er laser guy shutting down on the wall cause of the heat.

#26 Incoming Missile

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostTesunie, on 04 December 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

I have no issues using my LRM based mechs on this (or any) map. I don't know what your issue may be, but I've not been having any problems. It's a little more challenging on this map, much like some other maps, but I wouldn't consider it an impossible feat (or even hard).

However, any LRM build I have is a mixed build between LRMs and direct fire weapons. It may be possible that you might be relying too heavily upon your LRMs and may be served better by diversifying your build a little more for these situations/maps. I've found that LRMs make poor primary weapons, but excellent secondary/support weapons to help compliment other weapons within the whole of a build.

Can't say anything specific, really. But I do like the new map. I think it's good that combat tends to be constantly moving, and in different directions with multiple options for approaching the enemy. Makes each play on the map different, unlike some other maps that tend to be stale and boring due to limited angles you can play the map successfully.

Basically this, and I'll add thast you've got to be willing to chase the action and play in the 300-500 meter range bracket. Sometimes even closer. As long as you're willing to move with the team and push the action aggressively, by throwing missiles from at least mid range if not less, then it's a funny map because you can bend missile arcs around close obstacles and mine the resulting salt for industrial sales.

If, however, you can't push the action enough to get and use your own locks through line of sight and target decay, then all that terrain will simply stymie you.

If you want to push the action in a LRM boat, you need to max out your survivability nodes, most of the left half of firepower, at least 4 of the cool run nodes, and at least all of the target decay in the info tree. Fluff the rest according to taste. With thawt max survival though, you'll learn that you can take some hits, evgen in a "fragile" XL mech.

Get in there and mix it up. While you're there, you'll find that your medium lasers do a lot of finishing work in close too ;)

#27 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

I like this map it is dangerous,hot, and unpredictable. I hate Polar Highlands aka LURM land. A good mix of CLBX-2s,CLMGs,CMPLs,CSRM-6s,and CLPLs work here.

#28 raidarr

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

Like any other application of LRMs, it is merely a matter of adapting to the map, not the map adapting to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users