34 replies to this topic

#21 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

View PostLoodacris, on 01 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

I should have read this thread before i bough it. The lack of pod space in the arms means you can't even mount an AC20 if you wanted to. No matter what build I try i'm either ammo starved or undergunned...

Really glad it was 50% off and ~ $5.00

It is not a super effective thing for dakka, but for MRM or MRM+lasers it is very good. Low slung arms are the main problem of the chassis, with laser-missile Florentine it is not an issue. Strip arms, boatload MRMs and call it a day. Hell, it can carry infamous MRM60 combo, high-mounted, with pretty decent LE250 engine and Crab hitboxes; or 2xLPLs+2xMRM10 LE255; or 2xLL+MRM30, LE280; or you can load all varieties of PPCs. Is that bad?

PS: never buy mechs before making the build in store mech lab and running it through testing grounds. I was fooling around in testing grounds with hero mechs (Florentine included) and then... Purifier! Handles likes it is made for me, cockpit is gorgeous, torso mounts are dream come true - insta-buy! Cipher? - nah.

#22 Loodacris

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 01 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

I was experimenting with the Florentine some time ago and came up with this build: 2 UAC2s, 2 ER Mediums and 1 MRM10. It should be a fun dakka build.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Actually took this build and put some RAC2's in lieu of UAC2's and actually am enjoying it quite a bit!

#23 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Hmmm... I was despairing of ever finding a good build for my Florentine... But after reading this thread, I put 2LL and MRM30 into mine. That might work out. Have not had a chance to test it yet in actual gameplay, but may work out for me. Never actually got the idea for that combination.

#24 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 23 January 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hmmm... I was despairing of ever finding a good build for my Florentine... But after reading this thread, I put 2LL and MRM30 into mine. That might work out. Have not had a chance to test it yet in actual gameplay, but may work out for me. Never actually got the idea for that combination.

generally not a good idea because the weapon dynamics between a large laser and MRMs are so very different.

Not ideal for the skill tree either because nodes that benefit one weapon will not necessarily benefit the other.

Edited by S 0 L E N Y A, 23 January 2019 - 02:40 PM.

#25 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

All builds are in aweMech and shared over Smurfy, any tonnage or armor values showing errors is the app's fauilt.

Try this with XL engine.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...18a3945534b0630
x2 RAC2 (2t ammo), x2 MPL, x2 Streak SRM2 (1t ammo).
RACs are nasty business, Streaks will scare off any lights and pulses are a good backup.

Or maybe this build for a LE engine.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f41677b5f589d8b
MRM30 (2t ammo), x2 SnubPPC

Long range support?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...77583949d050669
Brawly?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e32a3dc290f1a75
DoubleBarreled ExtraLarge Shotgun?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d76e75d83eb7d0b

#26 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:34 PM

View PostS 0 L E N Y A, on 23 January 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

generally not a good idea because the weapon dynamics between a large laser and MRMs are so very different.

Not ideal for the skill tree either because nodes that benefit one weapon will not necessarily benefit the other.

Well, I am still in the process of trying it out. It's a bit hit and miss for me right now, but that may be due to the Mech not being remotely close to mastered.

I do feel more comfortable with it than the previous builds I tried, which did not work for me. I found that I often cannot get the meta to work for me, so why should this build be any different? Posted Image

I only had 3 matches with the build so far. Works fine for most peeking scenarios but not to well when I am being pushed, right now. Will finish skilling the Mech and then see whether I stick with it.

Edited by Darakor Stormwind, 25 January 2019 - 11:36 PM.

#27 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 25 January 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

I do feel more comfortable with it than the previous builds I tried, which did not work for me. I found that I often cannot get the meta to work for me, so why should this build be any different? Posted Image

That's my boi! <3 Less meta builds in the game, the better. DOWN WITH THE BORING!

#28 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

BTW, if you are going for the 2LL and MRM30 combo, pick an MRM10 and an MRM20 instead of one MRM30. It spreads slightly more, but it is the same amount of missiles, heat, cooldown and offers some crit padding against those nasty Piranha's. :)

I do not quite get a match score that is comparable to my other Crabs, yet, but then, this one only has about 20 skillpoints right now. I can see it getting there.

#29 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Hmmm... I am currently fielding 3.5 tons of MRM ammo, because I do not have ammo nodes, yet. I am wondering whether this is overkill, because so far I have not lived long enough to use up over half of that...

Not sure whether I should invest into another heatsink instead or a slightly faster engine. Or maybe AMS? Is 2 tons of ammo enough for MRM 30?

#30 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

I ended up going with 2xMRM30. With an LFE225. No armor on the arms. The MRMs are mounted in a high position close to the cockpit. Making it easy to aim and good for hill humping. But it's so boring... So I'll probably switch it out once I get the Florentine skilled out.

#31 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

I really like the 2LL and the MRM 30 (well, 10 and 20, actually). I enjoy playing it. I am still not sure how often I will play it after it is skilled, because I do not know how it performs. It is still a bit hit and miss for me. But then, I only have 34 skillpoints right now. If I can get it a bit more stable, it might be in my permanent rotation.

Still fiddling with the build, though. Not sure about whether to keep the ammo, get AMS or another HS.

#32 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

Quick update: After a number of matches I figured that the weakness of the build is lack of burst damage. That 48 damage alpha strike is not enough to push people back into cover. So I changed the build a bit to a hybrid of something else suggested above.

I am currently using 2ML and MRM50 (20/30). Alpha is at 60, same as if I used the MRM60 build. But I do have some firepower left if an unlucky shot takes the wrong side torso. I do not like to put all my eggs into one basket. Will try the build for a week or so and let you know how it works out.

#33 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:03 PM

Apologies for the necro, but since there is a hero mech event going on, I though I would chime in and say that I've been getting surprisingly good results with 2xLL and 2xSRM6+A, xl295 engine, armour to taste. It's fast and runs cool.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 15 September 2020 - 05:03 PM.

#34 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:25 PM

THE DEAD HAS RISEN!

To add: I use 1x LPL, 1x ERML, 1x MRM 30 (maybe 20), 2x LMG (iirc) and a LE of some sort.

The idea is to second line and sideline big brothers, pew pew their target, rinse repeat.

It's not bad ^^

#35 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 17 September 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

THE DEAD HAS RISEN!

To add: I use 1x LPL, 1x ERML, 1x MRM 30 (maybe 20), 2x LMG (iirc) and a LE of some sort.

The idea is to second line and sideline big brothers, pew pew their target, rinse repeat.

It's not bad ^^

Interesting build, mine shouldn't really work, maybe I just got lucky in my matches.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users