Lf Feedback On This Atlas Brawler

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cthulu Jr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Came back to the game after a long rest when I heard they'd implemented 3060s weapons. Found an Atlas AS7-S in my inventory, completely forgot I'd picked it up, trying to figure out how to spec it out.

2x Snub-Nose, 4x SSRM6s, AMS, STD engine

AS7-S

Edited by Cthulu Jr, 21 November 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#2 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:11 AM

Abandon the Streaks. Too easy to defeat with ECM you'd need to have a BAP with you at least. Standard SRMS have far more potential right now. Snubs are ok, but you want both in the arms for weapon agility. Without the AS7s big gun, you're neutered and really counting on the SRMs to deal the damage. If you really insist on going Snubs, look at this build instead.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d484b408bd4decf

The SRM4 bank will save tonnage and I' say heat, but ghost heat will bite you I think. Snubs on the arms for weapon agility while MedPulse in the torso for Zombie fighting when you're just a stick. Everything is in the same range category, so you are straight brawler. I find the BAP more helpful then AMS, but its personal taste there.

I believe the current AS7 builds look like this.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...de12fdc0d734da4
Again ghost heat on the SRMs maybe a hazard, but this is more traditional except for the ERSmalls. Normally mediums equipped, but the ER-Smalls have a nice brawl range that compliments the AC20 and saves tonnage. I use a similar build in my AS7D and DDC.

Either way welcome back. You came back at an exciting time despite the salt around the forums.

#3 Cthulu Jr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Thanks. I've been having a lot of fun with the new weapons on my King Crab and Shadowhawks. RACs are my new favorites, because they finally make my much-beloved DakkaDakka builds better.

That being said, neither of the builds you linked quite hit my fancy. How about this alternative? RAC5, 4x MPLas, 4x SRM4s, AMS

AS7-S

#4 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

RACs have a very serious drawback .. facetime. You have to stare down the opponent long enough for the RAc to really do what its built for. Bushwackers are great RAC platforms because of their narrow profile head-on. An atlas and a RAC I'm not sure how that would go. You'd have to live fire that one to find out.

#5 Cthulu Jr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

Challenge Accepted Posted Image I'll post a couple screenshots once I've run it through a few rounds.

Edited by Cthulu Jr, 22 November 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#6 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

View PostCthulu Jr, on 21 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Came back to the game after a long rest when I heard they'd implemented 3060s weapons. Found an Atlas AS7-S in my inventory, completely forgot I'd picked it up, trying to figure out how to spec it out.

2x Snub-Nose, 4x SSRM6s, AMS, STD engine

AS7-S

No big ballistic, garbage.

#7 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Since this was revived and I was kicking around my own build ideas, how does Heavy Gauss work out on the AS7-S? I was think HGR 4xAmmo with 4x SRM6 5xAmmo for twenty 77 damage face alphas for stuff like CW, alternatively 4xASRM4 because that has much better spread. I always found that the S underperformed because of the excess heat from the AC20 and the Gauss Rifle was the closest solution to that I could find.

#8 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 08 January 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Since this was revived and I was kicking around my own build ideas, how does Heavy Gauss work out on the AS7-S? I was think HGR 4xAmmo with 4x SRM6 5xAmmo for twenty 77 damage face alphas for stuff like CW, alternatively 4xASRM4 because that has much better spread. I always found that the S underperformed because of the excess heat from the AC20 and the Gauss Rifle was the closest solution to that I could find.

I prefer the AC/20, it doesn't explode and I'm more used to its trajectory. It also leaves you with a lot of space for a huge engine compared to HGauss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users