#101 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Why stop doing that? I support my team with AMS (although LRM's are pretty scarce lately) and ECM.

A KDR of 0.99 is me dying "way more" than I kill? I do accept that my KDR has significantly dropped since clans came out, but that's because there's no customization for omnimechs so they are much harder to play than battlemechs.
Also, for some reason, over time my fps in MWO has dropped to the point where it's almost impossible to play. In fact, yesterday it dropped to 5fps, so unless someone fixes whatever is broken I'll not be playing anymore anyway. So at least then the elitists can rejoice over losing another player.

If you are at such low FPS, this game is going to be impossible for you to do well with no matter what PGI does with any mode, units, solos, etc. It would do much to explain your much reduced k/d the last few seasons as well. However, this thread has been about gameplay and if you are so handicapped by your FPS...you really aren’t in a position to make informed statements about gameplay (state of the game, etc) as you personally are playing on nigh on “impossible” level if your FPS is that low... your rig or connection is responsible for the “broken” game you are personally playing and nothing in changing gameplay can fix that.

#102 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 05 December 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

If you are at such low FPS, this game is going to be impossible for you to do well with no matter what PGI does with any mode, units, solos, etc. It would do much to explain your much reduced k/d the last few seasons as well. However, this thread has been about gameplay and if you are so handicapped by your FPS...you really aren’t in a position to make informed statements about gameplay (state of the game, etc) as you personally are playing on nigh on “impossible” level if your FPS is that low... your rig or connection is responsible for the “broken” game you are personally playing and nothing in changing gameplay can fix that.

I said yesterday my fps dropped to 5. My experience with MWO is from six years, not one day.
There's also nothing wrong with my rig or connection. Only MWO has the problem. There's a thread where others also had problems yesterday.

#103 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I said yesterday my fps dropped to 5. My experience with MWO is from six years, not one day.
There's also nothing wrong with my rig or connection. Only MWO has the problem. There's a thread where others also had problems yesterday.

you literally just said in writing.“Also, for some reason, over time my fps in MWO has dropped to the point where it's almost impossible to play. In fact, yesterday it dropped to 5fps“. You didn’t say...it’s been fine till yesterday...you were the one who stated your have been at very low FPS....

My point is if you are at a point where it’s nearly impossible for you to play due to low FPS, the game you are playing lately is different (in that it is much harder for you due to low FPS) than what others are playing...therefore, you aren’t in a position to even know how the game is really playing for the majority of players at this point in time. Dismissing your gameplay experiences isn’t me trolling or being mean...that is just the reality of playing at such a low FPS...you are just playing a different game (and a much worse game) than the rest of us.....that is going to affect your (and anyone in a similar situation) perspective on the game. If you can’t see that, there really isn’t anything left to say.

Hey...whatever it is I hope it gets fixed for you. Peace.

#104 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Found only one post where you were replying to another with the low end GPU you are running but no other system specs.....

I'm still using a GeForce GT 240 and get about 25fps with 1366x768 and everything on low.

But none seeking assistance nor any other information.

Can of compressed air, clean out them heat sinks (computer, not mech...Posted Image )
Win 10? Disable Xbox features.
Use normal shortcut to patch days but run game using 32bit shortcut.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5083378

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5081152

I am still amazed the players who do run MWO at sub-20-FPS, and I thought I was a masochist at times.... My KDR for the seasons average under 1.0. Season 17 tis at 0.55 atm. I tend to be too aggressive but if I am the one being focused on and pulling the enemy out of position cause they are trying to get the kill... Season 17 W/L 1.71 . Posted Image generally in a medium..

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 05 December 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#105 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 05 December 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

you literally just said in writing.“Also, for some reason, over time my fps in MWO has dropped to the point where it's almost impossible to play. In fact, yesterday it dropped to 5fps“. You didn’t say...it’s been fine till yesterday...you were the one who stated your have been at very low FPS....

I meant it has been dropping over the years. Yesterday it plummeted to 5-10fps for some reason and others have apparently had the same or similar experiences yesterday.
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I've checked my pc, router, ISP broadand, etc. and can find nothing wrong with anything except when connecting to MWO.

My point is if you are at a point where it’s nearly impossible for you to play due to low FPS, the game you are playing lately is different (in that it is much harder for you due to low FPS) than what others are playing...therefore, you aren’t in a position to even know how the game is really playing for the majority of players at this point in time. Dismissing your gameplay experiences isn’t me trolling or being mean...that is just the reality of playing at such a low FPS...you are just playing a different game (and a much worse game) than the rest of us.....that is going to affect your (and anyone in a similar situation) perspective on the game. If you can’t see that, there really isn’t anything left to say.

Well even if I can't comment on how difficult gameplay is I can still have an opinion on things like who should be allowed to play what, or other things that are not affected by fps.

Hey...whatever it is I hope it gets fixed for you. Peace.

Thanks Posted Image

#106 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 December 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Found only one post where you were replying to another with the low end GPU you are running but no other system specs.....

I was refering to this thread: https://mwomercs.com...93#entry5965693

But none seeking assistance nor any other information.

Can of compressed air, clean out them heat sinks (computer, not mech...Posted Image )
Win 10? Disable Xbox features.
Use normal shortcut to patch days but run game using 32bit shortcut.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5083378

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5081152

I am still amazed the players who do run MWO at sub-20-FPS, and I thought I was a masochist at times...though my KDR for the seasons average under 1.0. Season 17 tis at 0.55 atm. I tend to be too aggressive but if I am the one being focused on and/or pulling the enemy out of position cause they are trying to get that kill.... Posted Image

I never asked for help because I've tried everything over the past few years and come to the conclusion that nothing will help my extremely old pc run MWO. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford a new one in my lifetime so I'll just have to make do with other games. Fortunately I've never found another game that doesn't run well on it Posted Image

Edit: I don't even know what you mean by system specs (I'm an old fart and technology tends to break when I touch it).
Is it this?
Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Edited by Wolfways, 05 December 2017 - 09:40 PM.

#107 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

I understand the idea of "Faction Play" being for serious players. However I think that scout mode should be for pugs. When I play a scout mission and I see a major team vs pugs... I think its a little unfair at the least.

If you want Invasion mode to be serious... fine. But don't limit people who just want some fun to only quickdrops.

STOP THIS.
Four pugs are quite capable of talking, if you choose not to its one hundred percent on you. STOP attacking social play.

#108 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 December 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Your anecdote about the small minority of players that were in units is noted. And filed under useless miopic opinions.

I mean I don't know what you want me to say about your extremely limited perspective of the game. I was involved with units from day one while you were still doing who knows what. I really don't care if you think you know more of the small fraction of players in MWO that were in units a year after FP was dead, you probably don't, and who cares anyway. You'll just carry on ignoring the biggest part of the player base entirely anyway.

Wait, so your myopic anecdotal experience is totes the truth but mine is insignificant?

So the tiny handful of people you know is the biggest part of the player base?

There is nothing you can say about my experience with the various players in the game. Would you lime to compare total FW drops maybe? How about how many TS were8registered on foe the different units in FW? I was involved with units since literally the beginning, in fact one of my unit officers was a secret squirrel who played it before release.

So you're wanting to talk broad strokes - from the original Davion, Steiner and FRR hubs all the way up to the amazingly (pointless) player council. No question there's pugs and probably some casual teams that quit over a lack of a matchmaker. Probably the same people don't play group queue for the same reason. However having talked at length with the leaders and ex officers of the biggest active FW units, yeah. It was lack of depth. Skill disparity was a selling point and drove space nerd politics.

#109 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

I was refering to this thread: https://mwomercs.com...93#entry5965693

I never asked for help because I've tried everything over the past few years and come to the conclusion that nothing will help my extremely old pc run MWO. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford a new one in my lifetime so I'll just have to make do with other games. Fortunately I've never found another game that doesn't run well on it Posted Image

Edit: I don't even know what you mean by system specs (I'm an old fart and technology tends to break when I touch it).
Is it this?
Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU
4096MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

What i5 CPU is that and motherboard? Or is it a mfg system like a Dell, HP or such? Okay so you are already running 32bit OS so no need for the workaround shortcut..

And there are lots of old farts here, as I am simply more than a half century myself Posted Image

Moving this to the other thread you linked
https://mwomercs.com...93#entry5965693

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 December 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#110 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 05 December 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

THE FRENCHMAN HAS SPOKEN! Lol

But seriously, 5fps? Are you on an Atari? I run a 4 year old rig and get 25 -30 fps... and that's playable.

#111 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostGrus, on 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

But seriously, 5fps? Are you on an Atari? I run a 4 year old rig and get 25 -30 fps... and that's playable.

I try to dispense my pearls of wisdom where I can GrusHopper...lol

#112 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostGrus, on 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I think most of my pc is around 8-10 years old and I usually get around 20fps. The drop to 5fps had nothing to do with my pc.

#113 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Or, you could learn the basic tactics and builds which will allow you to fight those groups. You'll occasionally get matched with some maroon who thinks a stock Urbanmech is a great fit for scouting, but in most cases you'll do fine - and if you learn to play and coordinate with a team, you can fight on even footing with a lot of the groups out there. Of course, this requires you to own a microphone headset and learn to talk through it, but that's not a truly burdensome prerequisite.

Nobody likes being told to learn to play better, or facing teams with PuGs, but there has to be some point at which we say, "you know, there is a skill bar for playing certain game modes" - and this is it. The alternative is to dumb down the one corner of the game reserved for more competitive play to be more newbie-friendly.

#114 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

I mean really... do you find this fun when there isn't any serious competition?

No, but dumbing it down MORE isn't going to do that either. Teams are fun, and even pick up hub groups fight better together. So stop trying to make the only thing MADE for team play as stupid and pointless as QP already is.

#115 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 December 2017 - 03:41 AM, said:

Sorry, I didn't realise that pugs weren't a part of the community.

Oh and btw, my KDR will always be low because I choose to keep it low. I prefer playing support builds that help my team get kills. Getting them myself means nothing to me.

PUG means PICK UP GROUP. Even PUGS are suppose to form a team when playing a specific game mode MADE FOR TEAM PLAY.

Also, you know what helps your team get kills? Not losing in the MECHBAY. There are a lot of builds that don't suck that aren't completely meta builds, but your refusal to play decent mechs AND good loadouts are what keeps your team, and you, from winning AND killing mechs.

It's your call, but pretending you aren't the problem isn't going to help you, or those teams who get stuck with you in drops. Only way to get better is to first admit what you are doing isn't working, and then to start looking for ways to improve. There is only so much you can do in a mech that is designed to lose.

Edited by Kwea, 12 December 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#116 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 December 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Your anecdote about the small minority of players that were in units is noted. And filed under useless miopic opinions.

I mean I don't know what you want me to say about your extremely limited perspective of the game. I was involved with units from day one while you were still doing who knows what. I really don't care if you think you know more of the small fraction of players in MWO that were in units a year after FP was dead, you probably don't, and who cares anyway. You'll just carry on ignoring the biggest part of the player base entirely anyway.

I've never heard of you, and I've been a ref at MRBC, played 3 leagues, been on a high B level comp team, and been active in 2 of the largest units since day 1. I also helped set some of the agendas for the first 2 roundtables with MS (after which they stopped being effective) and some of my/our points were presented directly to PGI there.

Mischief is spot on. Sure, FW/CW was a minority, but it wasn't intended for people who don't like organization. You can throw shade all you want, but we were talking about FW and groups. You came up with some ******** alt-facts, and got called on it, and all the smoke in the world can't hide that.

Edited by Kwea, 12 December 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#117 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostKwea, on 12 December 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

PUG means PICK UP GROUP. Even PUGS are suppose to form a team when playing a specific game mode MADE FOR TEAM PLAY.

Yeah, I've played games before.

Also, you know what helps your team get kills? Not losing in the MECHBAY. There are a lot of builds that don't suck that aren't completely meta builds, but your refusal to play decent mechs AND good loadouts are what keeps your team, and you, from winning AND killing mechs.

Completely wrong.

It's your call, but pretending you aren't the problem isn't going to help you, or those teams who get stuck with you in drops. Only way to get better is to first admit what you are doing isn't working, and then to start looking for ways to improve. There is only so much you can do in a mech that is designed to lose.

I'll just stay content with being at least as good as most people I drop with then.

#118 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Well, only thing is that most people that drop in the game are very, very bad... And by that I mean people in CW.

I'll just hope that you don't mean quickplay and that you're not under tier 1.^^

#119 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

So. Eliminate units from the unit warfare portion of the game? That's the dumbest thing that I have read this week. Thanks.

#120 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 01 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Here we go again... So now it's crying over groups stomping in scouting? Lmao.

It's not crying. If the game mode is not fun, it's unplayable. Not everyone is in an unit, or, sometimes, you just don't want or can't play with your unit. And playing an organized unit vs pugs is completely unfair. It's just farming. Not fun at all, not chance or winning or doing anything of significance.

So, either do it unit vs unit and pugs vs pugs, or just forbid the pugs from playing FP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users