#121 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

View Postvalrond, on 20 December 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

It's not crying. If the game mode is not fun, it's unplayable. Not everyone is in an unit, or, sometimes, you just don't want or can't play with your unit. And playing an organized unit vs pugs is completely unfair. It's just farming. Not fun at all, not chance or winning or doing anything of significance.

So, either do it unit vs unit and pugs vs pugs, or just forbid the pugs from playing FP.

If a game mode is not fun, it means it is not fun for that person making that call. Not fun does not mean it is not playable by anyone else but that person making that call.

It might not be playable or fun for you to get rolled by teamwork but that does not forbid you from using teamwork yourself does it?

Why not form a group since you know you will more then likely face a group?

Could use LFG yourself to join one, that is an option.

If those basic logical steps cannot be taken, could use VOIP while in your drop and get people organized.

Honestly, it's not pugs, groups, or units. It solo players playing in the group centric areas of the game trying to apply what they "learned" in solo QP to environment that is the opposite of QP. It is not the playstyle but the mindset shift required to go from the individual to the group.

#122 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

I'm surprised this thread is still going.

But....

To contribute something positive to the discussion I'm going to put this forward:

Is the desire to play the Scout mode because it is a different mode (different objectives)?
Or that is it 4v4 which also gives some variety?

If that is the case, then we should all petition to have Scouting as a mode added to the Quick Play queue.
I have zero problem with that.
I would strongly suggest that we also get Siege mode added to Quick Play or at least the counter attack version of it for a single wave.... only because I'm not sure how to do a respawn in the mode in quick play..... although everyone does have a drop deck. It could just use the one marked default.

Best thing ever. Let's do it.

But the other side of the coin:
Are you playing Scout mode to contribute towards the success of your faction in the Invasion mode?
If so, then that is a very different perspective and one where grouping up and teamwork is paramount because it's about the long game that Faction Play is meant to be about.

By the way, after waiting for what seemed like a life time for a match in the quick play group queue last night and eventually giving up, I am more and more in favour of making Group Play the Faction Play and not having the additional option.
Anyone else?

#123 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

kill qp, solaris for youy yolo solos, andfaction oplay for the rest of you lot!

#124 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

How 'bout we take it one step further? Why don't we eliminate groups from Faction Play? Then when people go to Quickplay and they run into MercStar's venerable Crabfests, why don't we eliminate groups from Quickplay?

Then we can remove Looking For Group from the entire game...because proof that teamwork is overpowered will have truly been achieved, and balance finally brought to the Force-

NO! Are you out of your mind? If you want to succeed in any game, any mode, anything you ever do in life, in business, in school, wherever you are...teamwork is paramount.

Soldiers don't fight alone, neither do cops, firemen, EMTs, government workers, or even teachers.

Use it...or lose.

Edited by Commander A9, 22 December 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#125 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

I liked it better when people would see a thread suggesting this and laugh thinking that it was satire.

#126 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

When, closed beta? People have been complaining that going up against teams was too hard since ever. The thing is, the alternative to just getting your own team is to learn drop leading skills and cooperation - but that's proven distinctly hard to get people to do. If only someone had written a guide or two on the subject and posted them in his signature bar...

#127 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 December 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

When, closed beta? People have been complaining that going up against teams was too hard since ever. The thing is, the alternative to just getting your own team is to learn drop leading skills and cooperation - but that's proven distinctly hard to get people to do. If only someone had written a guide or two on the subject and posted them in his signature bar...

Well look at what we have here, another one of meanies you keep hearing about telling folks to group who reached out and took his own time to try and help people.

You know these giving back to the community try hards make me sick, with their logic and proven success (yeah well I'd like to see you try that in a lore build bro, with 30pts of back armour for when the brawl gets real...cause like 1 in 8000 games I totally get high score).

But seriously, Thank you.

#128 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 22 December 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I liked it better when people would see a thread suggesting this and laugh thinking that it was satire.

I actually, come to think of it, wish I could go back and trace the exact thread where I completely lost the ability to distinguish satire.

MWO forums have broken me as a person.

#129 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

It's really about people not willing to work with others AND also complaining about their opponents that do work together.

Sometimes the blind logic used by people that refuse to work with others is why we can't have intelligent or good players.

In the land of multiplayer, the person that decides to not work with the group is the one that suffers the most.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 December 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#130 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 December 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

It's really about people not willing to work with others AND also complaining about their opponents that do work together.

Sometimes the blind logic used by people that refuse to work with others is why we can't have intelligent or good players.

In the land of multiplayer, the person that decides to not work with the group is the one that suffers the most.

Oh and thank you for the timeline.

I have it always open as a reference tool.

Man it's almost as if this community is actually chalked full of decent folk who put back into the game!

Like that RJ Bass (pronounced like the guitar not fish) who works with kids. Did you know that salty elite tryhard streams and raises money and collects used pc components to help the next generation of mech warriors built computers and learn!?!?

Sorry it's Christmas and if anybody deserves as many shameless plugs as possible it's RJ. Have the feeling you don't mind though....

#131 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

View Posttker 669, on 23 December 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Oh and thank you for the timeline.

I have it always open as a reference tool.

Man it's almost as if this community is actually chalked full of decent folk who put back into the game!

Like that RJ Bass (pronounced like the guitar not fish) who works with kids. Did you know that salty elite tryhard streams and raises money and collects used pc components to help the next generation of mech warriors built computers and learn!?!?

Sorry it's Christmas and if anybody deserves as many shameless plugs as possible it's RJ. Have the feeling you don't mind though....

There's always helpful people. That's great for keeping things somewhat more healthy in the game.

Then you find those people that given any sort of advice... just to reject it out of hand (mostly because they don't know any better or that they think they can do better w/o help), well... you cannot fix this level of stupid.

People need to know what the meaning of success and consistent success is (and by that I don't mean like making alt accounts and terrorizing Tier 5) before they argue the opposite. The funny thing is, you DO NOT have to be a comp player to understand this. It's already enough of a discussion about the MM (not that it's working well, but some people don't even try to work with what is provided). If people put enough time and effort into teamwork instead of overfocusing on skill (which in itself takes time and effort), there would be a lot more success than failure.

In the modern gaming era, this might be too much to ask from casuals though...

#132 Honeybadgers

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

FORCING players to get in a group to even have a hope of being competitive in scouting mode (particularly for clanners who are already severely hamstrung with our unquirked, squishier, much hotter and generally slower mechs and can't even bring a 55 tonner) is ******* stupid and bad design. FW is so broken because we just can't win scouting and IS can't win invasion.

I'd rather be is though, because these stupid ******* events require an impossible to get score unless you win, and even then, you have to be farming with streaks. Asking me to play 50 or 75 ******* invasion games in this event is psychotic.

It has nothing to do with "get good" or "find a group" it has to do with badly balanced gameplay. PUGS are important, and implying that they aren't, even in FW is the type of poisonous elitism that kills games.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 26 December 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#133 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostHoneybadgers, on 26 December 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

FORCING players to get in a group to even have a hope of being competitive in scouting mode (particularly for clanners who are already severely hamstrung with our unquirked, squishier, much hotter and generally slower mechs and can't even bring a 55 tonner) is ******* stupid and bad design. FW is so broken because we just can't win scouting and IS can't win invasion.

I'd rather be is though, because these stupid ******* events require an impossible to get score unless you win, and even then, you have to be farming with streaks.

Clans can very much win scouting and IS can very much win invasion, people bringing lrm locusts and erppc shadow cats to terra therma in scouting is what's ruining your experience

#134 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

If you group up, you increase your chances of winning.

If you drop alone, you increase your chances of running into an opposing group and losing.

I fail to understand where the breakdown in the logic resides...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users